2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with your first point 100%.

To your 2nd point, the Ford pictures of the red Maverick LOOK orangey, but customer pictures look full on red. I’d probably be equally disappointed if I had ordered the orangey-red and gotten red.

In the end, I probably would have ordered the yellow if that’s what they had called it.

CHEESE AND CRACKERS! GET A BETTER CAMERA FORD!!!

Ford’s picture
95B63388-343A-4C36-8EF0-1DC7380526B6.jpeg

Customer picture
9AED0977-9597-4FB0-B5E0-A548C1C0291D.jpeg
My pepper red mav definitively looks much closer to the top picture, under no lightning conditions does it look like the bottom pic. Is that not the other red tonality that seems to now only be offered in the first edition?
Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all in personal preference. With that color, you'll definitely be seen on the road at any time of day or night. It's not a color I chose, but I don't dislike it. It's just not my color choice.

I've had white, silver, and gray vehicles. I wanted a color that we never had before.
Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE?? LOVE IT OR HATE IT? IMG_1883 (2).JPG
For my Maverick, Velocity Blue was the color I chose. I never had a blue vehicle before, and that's one of the reasons why I chose it. It also is a vibrant color, which fits my personality. Rapid Red is also a nice color, but we just sold a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe that was Volcano Orange, which was more red than orange, so I didn't want a repeat of colors.

07_Shelby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT , 2008 Sport Trac Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both are Ford Paint Code "SB". They are the same color. The only difference is the Metallic layer on top of the SB and under the clear coat. I've painted it. ;)

I know the paint code for Cyber Orange is SB; but if you put them side by side they won't look the same and the Cyber Orange appearance is definitely more dependent on the lighting. I guess the point i was making was that the Boss 302 literally was called "School Bus Yellow."

I think the Cyber Orange is definitely something you need to see in person...there isn't a good analogy to describe it.

Last edited:

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know the paint code for Cyber Orange is SB; but if you put them side by side they won't look the same and the Cyber Orange appearance is definitely more dependent on the lighting. I guess the point i was making was that the Boss 302 literally was called "School Bus Yellow."
Agreed. Side by side on a sunny day, there is definitely a difference in appearance.

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just looked at a Ranger today in Cyber orange. I thought that Ford screwed up putting orange in the color name because it looks yellow from most pictures until I saw it in person. it is indeed more of a light metallic orange than a yellow (see last picture). Doesn't look like school bus yellow either (at least to me) as SB yellow is darker. For that matter I don't think a Cyber orange Maverick looks like a school bus either as a school bus is a much larger and different looking vehicle. A Hot pepper red Maverick doesn't look like a fire truck just because it is red, does it? I think what turns some people away from the color is that they are afraid the blue interior will clash with the Cyber orange exterior. One thing for sure, it will stand out more in a sea of black, grey & blue cars that seem to be the most popular colors lately.

Different camera's under different lighting conditions will show different colors especially if they have automatic white balance and such. but these pictures of a Mach-E in Cyber orange are pretty accurate to how the color looked to me in person in the sunlight. The metal flake is hard to see until you get like 2 feet away, but it does give the paint a certain glow in bright sunlight from certain angles. (y)

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE?? LOVE IT OR HATE IT? mach-e-cyber-orange-

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE?? LOVE IT OR HATE IT? mach-e-cyber-orange-rear-

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE?? LOVE IT OR HATE IT? mach-e-cyber-orange-side-jpg-1

Last edited:

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, I really like the color, looks good for sure, but then, I see a school bus and wonder,, are ya sure you like it? Am I the only one? All the options are great, makes it hard to decide.
i went back and forth for weeks on this Lol i landed on this:

I love it! But not for $800 after tax and financing. And i’m not certain i love the color it will fade to.

i ended up going cactus grey. And from broncos ive seen roaming our area, i’m really happy with my choice

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not my cup of tea but your preference is all that counts, get what you like best

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all in personal preference. With that color, you'll definitely be seen on the road at any time of day or night. It's not a color I chose, but I don't dislike it. It's just not my color choice.

I've had white, silver, and gray vehicles. I wanted a color that we never had before.
IMG_1883 (2).JPG
For my Maverick, Velocity Blue was the color I chose. I never had a blue vehicle before, and that's one of the reasons why I chose it. It also is a vibrant color, which fits my personality. Rapid Red is also a nice color, but we just sold a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe that was Volcano Orange, which was more red than orange, so I didn't want a repeat of colors.
That was me too. I've had red silver black blue brown, so I wanted something different.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I said I’d be pissed not disappointed. I actually like the yellow very much.

I’ve alway bought trucks based on price, mileage, and amenities and never gotten my favorite color. Now I finally get a brand new one and get to choose my favorite color, but instead of getting orange, I’m getting yellow. That’s my main gripe. And since I plan to keep it long term, I won’t be able to get my favorite color anytime soon.

I do like the yellow very much, but I might have preferred red.
Dude, I think you're going to totally dig it once you get it! I like it!

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Prepare to be disappointed. Cyber Orange looks like the bottom one. The paint code is "SB" which stands for School Bus. The only difference is it has a beautifully deep tri-coat metallic paint job. And you cannot change your color once you are scheduled for production.

I don't get the School Bus color hate, though, myself.

I love my Cyber Orange Maverick. I initially rejected ordering the orange color when I made my reservation because of the color shown in the Ford Online Builder. I dislike whatever shade of orange it renders. And I later saw Cyber Orange on a Ford Ranger and loved it and changed my Cactus Gray to Cyber Orange. And very happy with my choice. See my Maverick below.

TintedMaverick.jpg

This photo is a true representative of the color. More like an orangey yellow color, if anything.
Agreed. Stopped by my dealer today, they have 4 of them on the lot, they are like the picture above.

HRG

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went back and forth on this and eventually decided I love the Bronco in this color but not the Maverick. So I stuck with Area 51.
Area 51 for me too. Wish it was blue/green instead of blue/grey.

which07

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
CW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was the orange I wanted, instead I did Rapid Red.

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE?? LOVE IT OR HATE IT? 2019-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-30th-Anniversary-11
Sponsored