AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who have taken delivery and are now living with Cyber Orange Mavericks....
Any comments, feedback? Are you loving your choice?
Going to get a second Maverick, yes it will be a Hybrid, or hopefully a PHEV if those come about in 2023/24.. I almost got the Cyber Orange the first go around, ended up with the Cactus Gray... And I like it, but more importantly, the wife likes it a lot...it was her choice.
Tell me about living with Cyber Orange... It's certainly not a under the radar color.
Sponsored

Blacksmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes this is a perfect color. Very bright (which is reeeealy important in rainy PNW). Also for the truck its a funny color (my kids said this small truck in this color is like a toy). Be ready to answer on many questions on each parking lot or even on the traffic stop.
Ford Maverick Living with Cyber Orange.? IMG_20220710_165046

Last edited:

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cyber Orange is the BEST color for these reasons:
1) You'll never lose it in a parking lot.
2) I've not experienced, or heard of any complaints, about Cyber Orange suffering paints chips like the other colors.
3) It is always changing from a multitude of hues of orange and yellow depending on the outside lighting conditions.
4) The "school bus" color subconsciously causes other drivers around you to be a little safer. [no scientific data to back this up, obviously]
5) It is just a fun and happy color to brighten your day every time you step outside and see the truck awaiting you to get in and drive it.

KungFuGrip

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2018 Mustang in "Orange Fury," which is essentially the same color as Cyber Orange. Point #5 is dead on!

Cyber Orange is the BEST color for these reasons:
1) You'll never lose it in a parking lot.
2) I've not experienced, or heard of any complaints, about Cyber Orange suffering paints chips like the other colors.
3) It is always changing from a multitude of hues of orange and yellow depending on the outside lighting conditions.
4) The "school bus" color subconsciously causes other drivers around you to be a little safer. [no scientific data to back this up, obviously]
5) It is just a fun and happy color to brighten your day every time you step outside and see the truck awaiting you to get in and drive it.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my "caution sign" maverick. Or I should say, when I get it.:cool:

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
volvol
Engine
Undecided
I saw an F150 with the "Tonka' package.
It made we wonder if anyone with the Cyber Orange will be doing their own version... :D

ImaginaryNumbers

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've only had it for a week, but I have really been enjoying the cyber orange. Makes me grin whenever I look out and see it in the driveway. The paint also seems to be more durable since it's a tri-coat.

The yellow/orange color itself pops on rainy days imo, and the metallic flake shines bright on sunny days, which can give it an odd but really cool matte looking finish in certain conditions. Kind of like the rendered image on the Ford site.

It also helps to opt for the black accents (door handles, mirrors, etc) to help break up the bright color a bit. I can't wait for my tailgate letters to show up!

I nicknamed it the Magic Schoolbus in the fordpass app and have been having a blast with it.

Tbh, I think the most important thing if you buy a cyber orange truck is to just lean into the choice. Know it's an attention grabber and roll with it. ⚠

Ford Maverick Living with Cyber Orange.? 20220803_224344

Sponsored

Hank3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered Oxford White for the sake of tradition, but then decided this little hybrid truck needed to be more fun-- especially since I was going to be waiting over 9 months to get it! So in the spirit of my old Schwinn Orange Krate stingray bicycle I went with Cyber Orange and am really happy with it. It looks especially good with the basic black mirrors and black door handles on the XL and XLT trim, and the black wheel well covers I added also helps to make the orange pop, along with the black platinum lettering on the reach hatch. And as another person said, it really does change color depending on the time of day and the weather!

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My wife has CO on her Bronco Sport, absolutely loves it.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to agree with this statement. It is a blast to get in, open the windows (and moon roof) crank the toons and go. I get to dream about spending time on the beach while driving to work.

Also I have yet to get a bad comment. Everyone says it is cheery and cool. If you do get it, get use to random people coming up and talking to you.

And my kids love it too.

Ford Maverick Living with Cyber Orange.? mav3

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mavericktwc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with the others 👍🏼

It is crazy how it shifts colors, once in awhile it almost looks like a copper color - don’t regret it one bit!
Sponsored