Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livelaughandlawn.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 2023 Mercedes AMG GLA 45
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish the Maverick in the photo was mine, but someone ordered an ecoboost how I ordered my Hybrid. I photographed it in the sun the second I saw it because Ford's depiction of the color online is extremely inaccurate and I didn't like it until I saw it in person and realized it matched (almost perfectly... the colors are SO SIMILAR) my Mustang (Orange Fury) that I just sold! Once I saw it in person, my decision was finalized for Cyber Orange. I will also be wrapping (opposed to painting) my roof gloss black and wrapping the wheels to be solid black until I find some gloss black rims that I like. Will likely wrap all the black plastic pieces gloss black along with the grill bar. I want to change the cheapy looking side vents as well. You would think the Lariat would recieve an appearance upgrade on those, but I will more than likely wrap them as well until I find a cool alternative. I cut my own vinyl so I will more than likely make some hood/fender designs as well. I'm so excited but my anxiety kills me everytime I read about the delays! I just want my little truck!!

Ford Maverick Cyber Orange is essentially Orange Fury PhotoGrid_1634675152347
Ford Maverick Cyber Orange is essentially Orange Fury 20200716_184402
Ford Maverick Cyber Orange is essentially Orange Fury 20211019_144452
Ford Maverick Cyber Orange is essentially Orange Fury 20211019_144418
Ford Maverick Cyber Orange is essentially Orange Fury 20211019_144356
Sponsored

Last edited:

JCook11

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
How hard do you think it would be to wrap the grill bar? Would you have to remove it? I thought about getting that done.

OP
OP
xoXMiSsDaisieXox

xoXMiSsDaisieXox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daisie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livelaughandlawn.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How hard do you think it would be to wrap the grill bar? Would you have to remove it? I thought about getting that done.
For mine, I will be removing it. Having removed many trim pieces from vehicles, I'd say it would require moderate skills and patience so u don't break any clips. Otherwise, it is completely doable to lay the vinyl and mold it around the grill bar with it in tact. Might prove more challenging and may reduce adhesion if you don't have any practice or experience. Gloss black vinyl in GOOD BRANDS is fairly cheap so you can practice wrapping other things in the meantime. Invest in a cheap heat gun (use low heat setting) or use a blow dryer!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish the Maverick in the photo was mine, but someone ordered an ecoboost how I ordered my Hybrid. I photographed it in the sun the second I saw it because Ford's depiction of the color online is extremely inaccurate and I didn't like it until I saw it in person and realized it matched my Mustang (Orange Fury) that I just sold! Once I saw it in person, my decision was finalized for Cyber Orange. I will also be wrapping (opposed to painting) my roof gloss black and wrapping the wheels to be solid black until I find some gloss black rims that I like. Will likely wrap all the black plastic pieces gloss black along with the grill bar. I want to change the cheapy looking side vents as well. You would think the Lariat would recieve an appearance upgrade on those, but I will more than likely wrap them as well until I find a cool alternative. I cut my own vinyl so I will more than likely make some hood/fender designs as well. I'm so excited but my anxiety kills me everytime I read about the delays! I just want my little truck!!
They look very similar. But they do have different Ford paint codes. Orange Fury is NL, Cyber Orange is SB. I believe the SB is "School Bus". Ford has issued different names to the same color before. But they typically have the same code when that happens.

OP
OP
xoXMiSsDaisieXox

xoXMiSsDaisieXox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daisie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livelaughandlawn.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They look very similar. But they do have different Ford paint codes. Orange Fury is NL, Cyber Orange is SB. I believe the SB is "School Bus". Ford has issued different names to the same color before. But they typically have the same code when that happens.
Oh yes. You are indeed right. They are different. That's why I said they're "essentially" the same color lol. I owned my mustang for 3 years and could say without a doubt that they are dang near spot on. I love the orange. Reminds me of orange juice lol. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but that means less copycats! Except that one driving around town.... thus, me IMMEDIATELY wrapping mine when it comes. 😆 And let me tell ya... Ford sure is proud of their paint. Bought a PINT of Lightening Blue for $213... 🤦🏼‍♀️ Wonder how much Cyber Orange costs.... 🤔🤔

Sponsored

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't even think to look at the code! First off, I actually like the cyber orange and it was my 2nd choice but disagree on the name. I've been in too many debates of how it is school bus yellow. My bus barked next to a bronco sport is really close in color. I found a new f350 or 450 truck on the lot that is school bus colored. It looks like they only added the gold flake and changed the name. I was hoping to find a ford painter to show the break down of the ingredients of said 2 colors. :ROFLMAO: In the spring I'm going to do a Satin hood decal similar to the available hood scoop!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Death by Creamsickle -

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wish the Maverick in the photo was mine, but someone ordered an ecoboost how I ordered my Hybrid. I photographed it in the sun the second I saw it because Ford's depiction of the color online is extremely inaccurate and I didn't like it until I saw it in person and realized it matched (almost perfectly... the colors are SO SIMILAR) my Mustang (Orange Fury) that I just sold! Once I saw it in person, my decision was finalized for Cyber Orange. I will also be wrapping (opposed to painting) my roof gloss black and wrapping the wheels to be solid black until I find some gloss black rims that I like. Will likely wrap all the black plastic pieces gloss black along with the grill bar. I want to change the cheapy looking side vents as well. You would think the Lariat would recieve an appearance upgrade on those, but I will more than likely wrap them as well until I find a cool alternative. I cut my own vinyl so I will more than likely make some hood/fender designs as well. I'm so excited but my anxiety kills me everytime I read about the delays! I just want my little truck!!

PhotoGrid_1634675152347.jpg
20200716_184402.jpg
20211019_144452.jpg
20211019_144418.jpg
20211019_144356.jpg
Ford Maverick Cyber Orange is essentially Orange Fury IMG_0261

Ford Maverick Cyber Orange is essentially Orange Fury IMG_0259

Ford Maverick Cyber Orange is essentially Orange Fury IMG_0151
Sponsored