Edrobyn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just read an article that states that lightning prices are going down by $10k and Ford states that is due to a “reduction in raw material costs”. In other words, the batteries? If that is the case, then why are the Maverick hybrid costs going up due to battery costs???
Sponsored

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe its more of nobody wanting to pay what was nearly $80,000 for what really has been a novelty for most of the country. So now the base model is $50,000. Still too rich for my blood.

I think pricing became creative several years ago for real reasons but now its just fiction. A new high has been found to part the customers money from his wallet and it ain't gonna drop. I saw a video a few days back and according to this video there is currently a 500+ day supply ofJeep Rengades on hand in dealer lots across the US, yet the stickers were still showing a $9,000 ADM on a $29,000 car.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Much to dealers' chagrin, if people aren't willing to pony up the crazy money for a Lightning that they were asking, they're gonna have to drop the prices, which is what's happening now.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They can’t sell ‘em.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe its more of nobody wanting to pay what was nearly $80,000 for what really has been a novelty for most of the country. So now the base model is $50,000. Still too rich for my blood.

I think pricing became creative several years ago for real reasons but now its just fiction. A new high has been found to part the customers money from his wallet and it ain't gonna drop. I saw a video a few days back and according to this video there is currently a 500+ day supply ofJeep Rengades on hand in dealer lots across the US, yet the stickers were still showing a $9,000 ADM on a $29,000 car.
That Youtuber cherry picks the vehicles he shows to click bait viewers.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cybertruck just started limited production but Musk still won't say the price so Ford lowered price to grab his thunder.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That Youtuber cherry picks the vehicles he shows to click bait viewers.
Could be. Don't doubt it. The channel was CarEdge, right? Guess I'm a clickbait viewer but I always thought the old man was kinda sharp.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ah, yes, the base Pro trim is now only 25% more expensive than launch.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could also be parts getting cheaper with more availability and economies of scale.

RoaringGorilla

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will admit, I was excited when the Lightning was announced. Then Ford pulled a bait-and-switch with their deceptive 40k entry-level Pro model. The prices only got worse. Even now with the new price drop, I couldn't afford the entry-level model even if they were available. Well, technically I could - if I took out a loan (which I refuse to do). BEVs are just too expensive still to justify. Maybe in five years things will be better (or not).

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford will lose 2 billion on EV's. There pricing is at a loss. Chevy Bolt loses 9K a car to Chevy. So cost of raw material hasn't gone down. They are lowering price as it isn't selling.

Caredge shows in some areas a 340 day supply of top of the line lightenings,. But they are 100K.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just read an article that states that lightning prices are going down by $10k and Ford states that is due to a “reduction in raw material costs”. In other words, the batteries? If that is the case, then why are the Maverick hybrid costs going up due to battery costs???
I had a reservation for one but canceled when the price was adjusted upward with no price guarantee. Now the price is back down to where it was when I first ordered one. In the meantime I bought my 22 Maverick and liked it so much I ordered a 23 which I’m picking up next week. Don‘t care about a Lightning anymore!

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I've read, Ford can pretty much sell all the Lightnings they want to produce to fleets. Retail customers buying the heavily loaded versions are just icing on the cake. Fleet managers are way more sophisticated than most retail buyers. They do the lifecycle math for their use cases, and the results don't lie - fleets can save thousands buying BEVs, and they're making the plunge more and more often.

MSRP pretty much means nothing to fleet sales, by the way. These are bulk buys, often tied to services and management packages. And fleet sales are a sweetly lucrative profit center for Ford.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford will lose 2 billion on EV's. There pricing is at a loss. Chevy Bolt loses 9K a car to Chevy. So cost of raw material hasn't gone down. They are lowering price as it isn't selling.

Caredge shows in some areas a 340 day supply of top of the line lightenings,. But they are 100K.
The 2 billion was the expansion of new electric facilities not the actual cost of the cars. Tesla lost billions for years building factories, battery plants, material sourcing. Once those fixed costs are in then the per unit cost drops. New battery technology drops costs. Scalability drops costs.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could be. Don't doubt it. The channel was CarEdge, right? Guess I'm a clickbait viewer but I always thought the old man was kinda sharp.
No, something like car questions answered. Caredge has also moved to click bait headlines where they used to give good advice on how to order cars from dealerships now they are following the others so they get views.
Sponsored