Lightning Prices Down by 10K

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Here is the break down on the new pricing vs old pricing if anyone is interested. I didn't do this it was posted by another user on a Mach-E forum I hang out on.

EDIT: I also think this has more to do with Tesla announcing the first Cybertruck rolling off the assembly line. Ford just did a missive price cut on the Mach-E as well in response to Tesla lowering the MSRP on their current models.

Ford Maverick Lightning Prices Down by 10K 1689598776376-
Sponsored

Last edited:

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a reservation for one but canceled when the price was adjusted upward with no price guarantee. Now the price is back down to where it was when I first ordered one. In the meantime I bought my 22 Maverick and liked it so much I ordered a 23 which I’m picking up next week. Don‘t care about a Lightning anymore!
You can but a lot of gas for an extra $50k

(call it 450,000 miles worth, give or take)

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
You can but a lot of gas for an extra $50k

(call it 450,000 miles worth, give or take)
Comparing a Maverick to the F-150 Lighting is not an apples to apples comparison by any stretch of the imagination. They are two completely different class of vehicles with a totally different target demographic.

You can't just cherry pick one thing and say "Welp the Maverick is better becasue of XXX".:rolleyes:

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just think of all the poor saps that paid the 10 k more just weeks ago.

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Comparing a Maverick to the F-150 Lighting is not an apples to apples comparison by any stretch of the imagination. They are two completely different class of vehicles with a totally different target demographic.

You can't just cherry pick one thing and say "Welp the Maverick is better becasue of XXX".:rolleyes:
Thanks had no idea F150 and Maverick were different cars thanks

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Just think of all the poor saps that paid the 10 k more just weeks ago.
Hopefully Ford does the right thing like they did for the Mach-E owners who were put in a similar situation back in January when they announced the price cuts for the Mach-E.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully Ford does the right thing like they did for the Mach-E owners who were put in a similar situation back in January when they announced the price cuts for the Mach-E.
Do they do anything for people who have already paid and taken vehicle home? I hope so.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Do they do anything for people who have already paid and taken vehicle home? I hope so.
Yes they did. It was called a Goodwill Initiative. It may not seem like much but it was more than Tesla did for their customers. Tesla offered nothing for them.........

Ford Maverick Lightning Prices Down by 10K e56b6167-8573-4ebb-9c88-8f6247e335ca-jpe

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes they did. It was called a Goodwill Initiative. It may not seem like much but it was more than Tesla did for their customers. Tesla offered nothing for them.........

e56b6167-8573-4ebb-9c88-8f6247e335ca-jpeg.jpg
Glad they did that at least. I test drove a California Route 1 several months back and really liked it but just couldn’t justify paying the price.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 2 billion was the expansion of new electric facilities not the actual cost of the cars. Tesla lost billions for years building factories, battery plants, material sourcing. Once those fixed costs are in then the per unit cost drops. New battery technology drops costs. Scalability drops costs.
Not quite as ford builds new ICE plants all the time yet doesn't post a 2 billion loss. They lose money on the vehicle.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Not quite as ford builds new ICE plants all the time yet doesn't post a 2 billion loss. They lose money on the vehicle.
Ford Maverick Lightning Prices Down by 10K what-no

I don't think this is true. I think the last Ford assembly plant was built back in 2014 in Turkey for the Transit.

IMO Blue Oval City is the first assembly plant Ford has built since that one. I know a lot of you are going to hate it becasue it is EV centric but take solace in the fact that it is at least being built in the US.:)

Last edited:

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are so wrong. They don't build new ICE plants ALL the time. Blue Oval City and SK are for EV and a $5.6 billion cost.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure about Ford's stated reason for the price reduction. I canceled my Lightning reservation due to price increases, poor communication, deliberate production throttling, and tech that is moving faster than the old F150ish platform. Plus Chevy will be in the game shortly...and the wait time doesn't seem any different than what Ford's is...

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are so wrong. They don't build new ICE plants ALL the time. Blue Oval City and SK are for EV and a $5.6 billion cost.
I watch Caredge on youtube all the time. Very informative place. EV's are money losers now. Low sales number Mache easy to get same for lightening even witgh 10K price drop.
Sponsored