NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep reading that a substantial number of Maverick buyers are buying their first truck and/or first Ford. The Lightning already has 200,000 orders. Do you think many Lightning buyers fall into the same categories or are they folks who would have been buying an F150 gas version anyway and just decided to go for the electric?
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call me impatient, but for me, I will never buy a vehicle that will take more than 5 minutes to "fill the tank".

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep reading that a substantial number of Maverick buyers are buying their first truck and/or first Ford. The Lightning already has 200,000 orders. Do you think many Lightning buyers fall into the same categories or are they folks who would have been buying an F150 gas version anyway and just decided to go for the electric?
Confession: I sold my EV in January and started driving my F250 diesel as my primary vehicle thinking I would wait until my reserved F150 lightning showed up. After several long road trips, $1000 in fuel (1 month) and reading about the delays in production I decided my current thought process was not very smart financially hence my search for a hybrid which led me to the Maverick. I love Tyger so much I’m not sure what I will do when my Lightning arrives which realistically won’t be this year. Time will tell but now I’m happy selling my F250!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah...I went in thinking lightning....doing the math on a $600+ car payment and left thinking Maverick.

IMO different buyers.

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Call me impatient, but for me, I will never buy a vehicle that will take more than 5 minutes to "fill the tank".
Most people would leave it plugged in at home so it's constantly charged.

As to OP - Maverick is my first Ford purchase, but not my first truck. First truck I had was V8 and a gas hog. I wanted the utility of a pickup for occasional light cargo but not the expense of lack of MPGs of a "full size" truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confession: I sold my EV in January and started driving my F250 diesel as my primary vehicle thinking I would wait until my reserved F150 lightning showed up. After several long road trips, $1000 in fuel (1 month) and reading about the delays in production I decided my current thought process was not very smart financially hence my search for a hybrid which led me to the Maverick. I love Tyger so much I’m not sure what I will do when my Lightning arrives which realistically won’t be this year. Time will tell but now I’m happy selling my F250!
Hopefully your Lightning isn’t “damaged” at the dealership. If it does happen again, make a big fuss and you can get some Free flowers. Who knows, maybe they will throw in a box of chocolates too.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully your Lightning isn’t “damaged” at the dealership. If it does happen again, make a big fuss and you can get some Free flowers. Who knows, maybe they will throw in a box of chocolates too.
Fortunately I ordered through Bozard Ford and feel very comfortable with them doing the right thing! Although flowers and chocolates would be OK lol!

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most people would leave it plugged in at home so it's constantly charged.

As to OP - Maverick is my first Ford purchase, but not my first truck. First truck I had was V8 and a gas hog. I wanted the utility of a pickup for occasional light cargo but not the expense of lack of MPGs of a "full size" truck.
What I'm saying is if I have to take a long trip, I wouldn't buy a plug in and have to wait a long time to charge a battery to continue my trip. I want to fill and go. Not plug in and wait.
Sponsored