Sponsored

Latest on Engine Fire Recall for MY22 Hybrids?

rnev8437

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all, does anyone have any new information regarding this recall? Several months ago, the Ford recall letter said to watch for additional information by year end 2023 on a remedy but I haven't seen anything yet.
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They were kind of hoping everybody would of forgotten about that recall be now. On the bright side, ai haven't heard anything more about actual fires.

HughdMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all, does anyone have any new information regarding this recall? Several months ago, the Ford recall letter said to watch for additional information by year end 2023 on a remedy but I haven't seen anything yet.
I got that letter for my '23 also. A fire extinguisher was my first add-on. I've been waiting 6 months for the fix. The rumor I heard was that it was an occasional problem with a few made on specific days (they hope) and the fix is more expensive that they like.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have heard nothing new about this either

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are two outstanding recalls on my 2022 XL. I confess that I don't know which is which. One of them will be corrected when I go in for my oil change in January. The other recall has "no fix" yet. One of my first car purchases is always a fire extinguisher. I am still looking for a place to put it. Right now, it is in the box behind the console.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are two outstanding recalls on my 2022 XL. I confess that I don't know which is which. One of them will be corrected when I go in for my oil change in January. The other recall has "no fix" yet. One of my first car purchases is always a fire extinguisher. I am still looking for a place to put it. Right now, it is in the box behind the console.
I just checked on recall 23S27 under hood fire this am and it's still not ready to perform!!!

MDR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
MDR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ask your dealer they know what the fix is we traded ours and got a 2024 couldn't take a chance driving our grandson

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got that letter for my '23 also. A fire extinguisher was my first add-on. I've been waiting 6 months for the fix. The rumor I heard was that it was an occasional problem with a few made on specific days (they hope) and the fix is more expensive that they like.
Reading your reply made me think...

I grew up at a 1/4 mile oval race track. I watched the races almost every weekend and in my teens I started working there parking cars. Over the years I watched many car fires extinguished. I learned the best way to extinguish an engine fire is to shoot at it through the grill. Fast forward 15 years and I put that knowledge to use when a woman's car started burning at the corner where I worked at the time. The Fireman came into the store to find me and thank me because they found it surprising that I knew how to do it.

So here is the point...

With the louvers in the grill I assume the best way to extinguish an engine fire in a hybrid would be to shoot up from below the bumper and sides unless the louvers are open at the time?

HughdMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are right. I've burned all of my facial hair off before and didn't care for the look. Popping the hook would likely cause a repeat of that experience.

Sponsored

nrgSebastian

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, this recall letter I received yesterday 2-13-24 …my Maverick 22 could or could not be one of the few made on one of those days?

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sure nothing can go wrong with that since every other sensor has to be reprogrammed, seems like they will be creating more problems than actually exist.
Sponsored