First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious if Maverick hybrids built after June have the modifications with the holes in the lower engine compartment cover and whether all the shutters are again installed. Thanks
Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke with Ford Customer Relations yesterday about the under hood fire recall. There isn’t a fix right now and may not be one until the fall.
They did tell me the last recall to remove the shudders didn’t work and made the problem worse.
My wife has the same recall on her hybrid Escape.
So, their solution was to not drive your vehicle if you begin to experience certain problems. So, for me, that would be parking and not driving two vehicles worth $70K between the both.
Makes one feel real safe driving a hybrid with a potential for engine fires, doesn’t it?

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So many people are worried about their Maverick catching on fire. Simple fix would be to remove the engine cover under the engine so any (although very unlikely) oil or gas can leak out immediately and not be by the hot engine/exhaust. Just because Ford says it "could catch fire in an engine failure" doesn't mean any other car in the same situation couldn't do the same thing. That manufacturer just didn't say it. Drive your Mav and enjoy it like any other vehicle!

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many people are worried about their Maverick catching on fire. Simple fix would be to remove the engine cover under the engine so any (although very unlikely) oil or gas can leak out immediately and not be by the hot engine/exhaust. Just because Ford says it "could catch fire in an engine failure" doesn't mean any other car in the same situation couldn't do the same thing. That manufacturer just didn't say it. Drive your Mav and enjoy it like any other vehicle!
If it was as simple a fix as you say, don't you think the Ford engineers would have thought of that? They removed fins in the first recall, but that only made the problem worse. There's no solution right now to fix the recall. And until they do, I'm not a backyard mechanic, so I'm leaving it alone.
Sponsored