First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was a picture here somewhere in an earlier post showing the areas that tech are advised to cut out. But Ford will keep pounding you with recall notices if you don't get it done at the dealer, for free. Honestly, it seems like a dumb recall to me. I don't see any evidence of engine fires in the past year everyone's been talking about this and if the engine blew up, I'd rather the truck be a total loss than sit somewhere waiting for parts for 6 months. I'm curious how much removing the active grill shutters cuts down, mileage or forces the ice engine to run more and colder weather reducing fuel economy.
Yes, I am interested in the revised cover if it looks like something that isn't all hacked up like the dealer does.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi OleFordGuy, would it be possible to upload a photo of your cover?
OK, so these not the best pics, I don't have ramps so I had to just stick my arm under the truck, take pics and hope for the best. I knew it was a revised cover when I watched the oil change guys a while back. Can't get one of the entire cover currently, but you can tell the holes are factory pressed, not a dealer hack job. No idea what the new part # is if your looking to replace one hacked up by dealer. Also I could see 1 shutter removed from the lower front grill.

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6063

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6062

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6061

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6060

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6059

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6057

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6055

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6053

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] IMG_6051

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@KeinoDoggy
hope this helps, sorry I couldn't get the entire cover in 1 pic

Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Basically they're using the EcoBoost undershield for both powertrains now.
So the Ecoboost is an exact fit and has the proper holes??

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the Ecoboost is an exact fit and has the proper holes??
Although I just noticed OleFordGuy's is, in fact, an EcoBoost powertrain Maverick, not a hybrid. I was wondering why it actually had the plastic insert for directing air to cooling the PTU; my understanding is new hybrids utilizing the EcoBoost shield don't have that in place as its not necessary for them. (There was this thread about how it looks like something is missing)

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Basically they're using the EcoBoost undershield for both powertrains now.
So back to square one. Hopefully someone with a recently delivered Mav hybrid would post some photos of their belly cover for us to compare.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So back to square one. Hopefully someone with a recently delivered Mav hybrid would post some photos of their belly cover for us to compare.
So I just ran across the belly covers on Ebay if your interested. When choosing between the Eco and Hybrid, they both come back with the same part #. So maybe there is No Difference. Seems like someone posted that remark in the thread before. I got no clue.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3944528538...MCh2QVg7iEAQYBSABEgKeufD_BwE#vi-desc-maincntr

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the link. Looking at a a unit that had the drain holes added by dealer compared to the ones on Ebay, they do not look the same.

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] don

Ford Maverick New Maverick Recall: 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Hazard [Updated w/ Safety Recall Notice to Dealers] s-l500

Sponsored

Estevanquesada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Estevan Quesada
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alitima hybrid. Waiting on my maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bizarre assumption for you to make. The recall was just announced today. That means they still need to locate the mailing address of 100,000 registered owners, and then print, mail, and have delivered 100,000 formal notices of the recall. If you check your mailbox today, you won't find this recall notice in there. You'll find it in your mailbox sometime within the next month, because physical mail is slow.
Hey now! I'm not THAT slow 🤣
-Mailman

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that because it doesn't start half the time? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm just kidding! I feel bad for anyone having problems with their new Maverick, Hybrid or Ecoboost.
No, it is because it is always at the dealer being serviced for recalls. I drive loaner cars!

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread started a year ago is it relevant now? No I didnt read the thread to long

Subsailortrainman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Updated with recall notice:

1657305038842-png.png

Just saw a new Maverick recall notice came out. https://www.newsmax.com/finance/str...threat-escape-maverick/2022/07/08/id/1077921/

The new recall covers certain 2020 through 2022 model year Ford Escape, Maverick and Lincoln Corsair vehicles with 2.5-liter Hybrid/Plug-In Hybrid engines. Ford said in the event of an engine failure, significant quantities of engine oil and fuel vapor may be released that could accumulate near ignition sources resulting in a potential under-hood fire.
I wonder if this is the problem that cause the fire and destruction of a Maverick talked about in another thread. The one where op had smoke, oil spray, then added oil and kaboom?

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder if this is the problem that cause the fire and destruction of a Maverick talked about in another thread. The one where op had smoke, oil spray, then added oil and kaboom?
I was thinking the same thing.
Sponsored