First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a question regarding the latest recall that Ford will be issuing regarding the engine fire risk. How many owners are looking to get rid of their Maverick now, or how many waiting to get the recall taken care of? Honestly when I heard about that, I started looking.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a question regarding the latest recall that Ford will be issuing regarding the engine fire risk. How many owners are looking to get rid of their Maverick now, or how many waiting to get the recall taken care of? Honestly when I heard about that, I started looking.
Not me, not sure why this would make anyone worried, if you want a safe vehicle go back to the 70's

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have confidence seeing that Ford is being proactive on these recalls where some makers stonewall safety issues for years before being forced to act.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
‘From info I found only 3 had documented cases of this?
That's a big part of it. The heightened occurrence of premature engine failure is more in a statistical sense than some ubiquitous inevitability.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Photoguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not me, not sure why this would make anyone worried, if you want a safe vehicle go back to the 70's
Wow, that was help
like a Pinto or Chevy Vega? Thanks. Very helpful

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I thought this was a game changer at first also. I initially thought it affected all hybrids in those date ranges. But, really only some of those are at risk and of those, few will probably ever have a problem. All Ford is doing with this recall, is abating the risk of fire if they do. I do think they should offer a special engine warranty for those that experience this failure. Those that can't be sold because of this fix: I think Ford needs a quicker solution for the fire abatement.

2seater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Reatta, Ford Ranger, Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was wondering about this too, but the key in the recall were the words "select vehicles" My Hybrid shipped on May 4th and I picked it up two days ago. I worried there might be a hold on it, but nothing ever turned up on the recall site. I was surprised to see the grill louvers were all in place, including the lower ones which I believe was part of the recall but I didn't look for drain holes in the belly pan. I love the way it drives and feels.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, that was help

I had v6 pinto. Excessive heat killed 3 tranny's. Extended warranty really paid off on that vehicle. It had the three week engine compartment (if you dropped a screw driver while I set the hood, it would take three weeks for it to find the ground!!!)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did I read that last part right? "If you want a safe vehicle go back to the '70's"? Even the smallest, cheapest car today is FAR safer than the best cars from the '70s...

But as for being "worried" about the "fire risk recall" - I'm not concerned. Odds are ridiculously low, with a total of 23 vehicle fires out of all the 2.5L hybrid engines Ford has delivered world-wide. My initial calculations showed it was something like 0.09% odds, but that was just based on Maverick numbers, I didn't include all the Escapes, Corsairs, etc. that had this engine...

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, that was help

I think the experience with the Pinto is why Ford is so cautious now. They do not want to look like they are trying to hide anything and that's a good thing.
Sponsored