Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid Cactus Gray XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updated with recall notice:

1657305038842-png.png

Just saw a new Maverick recall notice came out. https://www.newsmax.com/finance/str...threat-escape-maverick/2022/07/08/id/1077921/

The new recall covers certain 2020 through 2022 model year Ford Escape, Maverick and Lincoln Corsair vehicles with 2.5-liter Hybrid/Plug-In Hybrid engines. Ford said in the event of an engine failure, significant quantities of engine oil and fuel vapor may be released that could accumulate near ignition sources resulting in a potential under-hood fire.
I got a letter from Ford about this and said the parts to fix this issue should arrive around October 2023…so in the next few months they want people that purchased their truck to just drive around risking a fire? I was dumbfounded when I read that October part

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got a letter from Ford about this and said the parts to fix this issue should arrive around October 2023…so in the next few months they want people that purchased their truck to just drive around risking a fire? I was dumbfounded when I read that October part
Does that mean that you get a new truck if it catches fire while waiting for fix?

Cjackson7646

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid Cactus Gray XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does that mean that you get a new truck if it catches fire while waiting for fix?
I’m sure a major reason Ford sent out the recall notice at this time is to protect theirselves. If someone’s Maverick has issues related to this recall Ford can just say “we told them about the problem so it’s not our fault they kept driving it” which would be a crappy way to treat customers

r8drskullz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Douglas J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just saw a video covering the recalls from ford and many other competitors recalls. Regarding ford it was mentioned that mavericks with built dates in the months of September shouldn’t have this issue. Hopefully it’s true mine was start built 9/5/22
Sponsored