First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Maverick wife took, another on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't understand how a company with as many suppliers and resources as Ford cannot produce additional trailer hitches when they took too many orders for the hitch way back in September 2022. They had plenty of time to source additional hitches. This defies logic. Maybe they decided they priced it incorrectly ($100) or use it as legal defense to the many upset customers that will not receive their 2023 Maverick.

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Says hitch is limited for July, instead of just limited. Might mean that August builds won't have hitch restrictions. Why else would they mention just July?
It would be nice if they said the hitch is ok for August builds!

burger_time

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid Lariat Lux with 360 and assist. Trying to figure out how good/bad off I am. Other than being hybrid everything else appears to be within capacity. Maybe I have a chance?

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't understand how a company with as many suppliers and resources as Ford cannot produce additional trailer hitches when they took too many orders for the hitch way back in September 2022. They had plenty of time to source additional hitches. This defies logic. Maybe they decided they priced it incorrectly ($100) or use it as legal defense to the many upset customers that will not receive their 2023 Maverick.
……or maybe they didn’t. Assumptions are just that.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hybrid Lariat Lux with 360 and assist. Trying to figure out how good/bad off I am. Other than being hybrid everything else appears to be within capacity. Maybe I have a chance?
If you're under constraint aside from the big one like Hybrid, then really it's dealer allocation being the gatekeeper whether or not you get scheduled.

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only 214 with no COVP is SURPRISINGLY low if you ask me. I wish we knew the number before the warning memo went out. Now THAT would be some interesting data.

214 could easily be totally represented by a small handful of dealers who did not COVP any of their orders at all and are sitting there wondering why they aren't seeing any of their orders built.
I think that 214 in priority code 99 is last year orders not converted to 2023 by dealer.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
21% gas seems very high. I'm at summer camp with my scouts and not near my spreadsheets, but that doesn't make sense.

c340

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would switching my unscheduled XL order to an XLT at this point improve my odds? We have what, 6 weeks before they stop scheduling 2023 mavericks. It seems they’ve barely made any XLs and they don’t even have the capacity to build them all. I feel like switching to an XLT couldn’t hurt at this point but who knows.

Sponsored

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So it's a 50/50 shot of my XL Ecoboost being built this year

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would switching my unscheduled XL order to an XLT at this point improve my odds? We have what, 6 weeks before they stop scheduling 2023 mavericks. It seems they’ve barely made any XLs and they don’t even have the capacity to build them all. I feel like switching to an XLT couldn’t hurt at this point but who knows.
Allocations, allocations, allocations....check with your dealer and see how many orders remain, and how many allocations they have been getting a month. Then see if you can get them to reveal your position in the queue.

Many dealers sold hundreds of Mavs, and have been only getting a handful of allocations every month.

Assuming your dealer will get enough allocations, then look at the constraint factor. Switching prior to getting the allocation scoop will just be another frustration that gets blamed on Ford.

If they can't be transparent on all this, stick with the vehicle build that you want.

Jeddums

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Says hitch is limited for July, instead of just limited. Might mean that August builds won't have hitch restrictions. Why else would they mention just July?
If only Ford’s planning and external communication was that well thought out . . .

c340

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Allocations, allocations, allocations....check with your dealer and see how many orders remain, and how many allocations they have been getting a month. Then see if you can get them to reveal your position in the queue.

Many dealers sold hundreds of Mavs, and have been only getting a handful of allocations every month.

Assuming your dealer will get enough allocations, then look at the constraint factor. Switching prior to getting the allocation scoop will just be another frustration that gets blamed on Ford.

If they can't be transparent on all this, stick with the vehicle build that you want.
Good call. If I can figure out if most of their XLTs are getting done, that would probably be a good indicator. I hope they'd be willing to fill me in on that. I live a few hundred miles from the dealer - I went with them because of their good reputation. But the guys on the phone are all old dudes who, quite frankly, take some poking and prodding. They are somewhat stubborn in what they'll say or do for me, it seems.

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also how does the math make sense with 50% Hybrids and 65% Ecoboost?
Saw this also and until a better theory surfaces I'm assuming it reflects the third shift production increase. I read it as though Ford is now estimating they can make 115% of the capacity they originally planned to build for MY23.

...but yeah - it's anyone's guess. 🤷
Sponsored