Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a dealer with more allocations than buildable customer orders will get dealer stock scheduled whereas a dealer with more buildable customer orders than allocation will get... nothing? That's lame! I know this is what we've been hearing this whole scheduling year about how allocations work, but now we may actually start seeing it happen. As a customer I would expect Ford to make some attempt to juggle allocations between dealerships to prioritize buildable orders that already have a customer in line waiting for them. Maybe those are the leftover allocations at the end of the model year that you mentioned in one of your last videos that dealers can apply for. Hopefully you and other dealers get some of those allocations for some of your remaining EB orders!
You are correct and hopefully Ford will shift allocation system for sold out models.
Granger has 3 unscheduled 2022 rollovers. After that, they should be getting dealer stock. I'm glad they will get rewarded for choosing to not take new 2023 orders, a decision they said they made because the 2023 allocation formula was unclear. I feel for all the overbooked Mav orders. Everyone acted in good faith. "Over-exuberance" trumped prudence.

Edit, Granger just posted that those 3 vehicles are now covered by allocations. Note, these were all orders from January 2022! Crazy to think it took 18 months to get these built.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Edit, Granger just posted that those 3 vehicles are now covered by allocations. Note, these were all orders from January 2022! Crazy to think it took 18 months to get these built.
When did they get scheduled? Usually scheduling comes out Thursday.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was driving by a Ford dealer today and saw a used 23 Maverick sitting on the lot. So looked it up on their web site. cactus gray, Hybrid, XLT with just over 1K miles no options MSRP $26,500 asking $38,500. Yikes!! I’ll keep my 22 eco AWD lariat lux copilot 360.
$12000 gonna buy you a lot of gas!

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When did they get scheduled? Usually scheduling comes out Thursday.
Zach posted it today but did not say exactly when they received their allocations:

"We received enough allocation to cover our 3 remaining retail orders on the final Maverick allocation and build out for 2023."

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Granger has 3 unscheduled 2022 rollovers. After that, they should be getting dealer stock. I'm glad they will get rewarded for choosing to not take new 2023 orders, a decision they said they made because the 2023 allocation formula was unclear. I feel for all the overbooked Mav orders. Everyone acted in good faith. "Over-exuberance" trumped prudence.

There is no doubt that Granger took the most responsible path by not taking new orders until existing orders were fulfilled. As a result, every Granger order will be fulfilled and all their customers will remember how they came through for them, even if it took the full model year.

No disrespect to @fordvideoguy, but you made an allocation assumption without data and are paying the price for greed by having a large number of unfulfilled orders and customer dissatisfaction.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no doubt that Granger took the most responsible path by not taking new orders until existing orders were fulfilled. As a result, every Granger order will be fulfilled and all their customers will remember how they came through for them, even if it took the full model year.

No disrespect to @fordvideoguy, but you made an allocation assumption without data and are paying the price for greed by having a large number of unfulfilled orders and customer dissatisfaction.
I think this is a bit harsh, fordvideoguy and his crew have done a huge service to the Maverick community. They assumed that they "should" get the same number of allocations as vehicles sold the prior year. I deliberately avoided the use of the word 'greed' as I'm not going to judge honest people who worked their tails off all weekend that the order banks were open, trying to help legitimate customers from all over the US get a Mav at a good price. Sure, it was motivated by profit but there was and continues to be a lot of personal sacrifice to serve us at MTC. Hard work and sacrifice should be rewarded. I believe that customers recognize that effort, despite their disappointment at the current situation.

Having said that, I'm a Granger lifer now and will continue to support and do business with them.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have to laugh at your lack of knowledge about @fordvideoguy. You should do more homework before assuming you know about things like the way Long McArthur fulfilled the MY22 orders, how Ford changed their allocation formula twice for MY23, how LM handles little guidance and foresight from Ford and what they plan on doing July 17th.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

LOL. I don't know that selling every order at sticker, and not a penny more, can be described as "greed" by anyone in today's market. Granted, they do a lot of volume, but businesses are in business to do business, after all. I think businesses that operate with honesty, integrity and transparency as Long McArthur and @fordvideoguy clearly do ought to be rewarded.

As for making assumptions, I'd say the only thing L-M assumed is that Ford would operate according to the allocation formula they announced. L-M was also very honest with people about there being no guarantees, and even recommended placing orders with local dealers. I honestly do not know what more they could have done to prepare customers for all eventualities.

Unfortunately, L-M will probably have to consider changes for MY24, since they now know that taking @Ford Motor Company at its word is bad business for their business.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

LOL. I don't know that selling every order at sticker, and not a penny more, can be described as "greed" by anyone in today's market. Granted, they do a lot of volume, but businesses are in business to do business, after all. I think businesses that operate with honesty, integrity and transparency as Long McArthur and @fordvideoguy clearly do ought to be rewarded.

As for making assumptions, I'd say the only thing L-M assumed is that Ford would operate according to the allocation formula they announced. L-M was also very honest with people about there being no guarantees, and even recommended placing orders with local dealers. I honestly do not know what more they could have done to prepare customers for all eventualities.

Unfortunately, L-M will probably have to consider changes for MY24, since they now know that taking @Ford Motor Company at its word is bad business for their business.
I agree. @fordvideoguy has been transparent, ethical, and has helped people with their purchase and service needs whether it benefit L-M or not. I support them as a member because I have received far more value than the $600 or so it will cost me this year.

I wish I could place my MY2024 Maverick order through them. Yet, it is a new order and the chances of getting it through L-M will be tough. I will place it with them if they allow me. Yet, I will also place an order with a dealer on the Good Dealers List.

Sponsored

brandless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F150, F150, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The allocation system is part of the dealer agreement but Ford determines the allocation formula. For the Maverick, Ford initially incentivized sales of Rangers, Bronco Sports and Escapes to dealers with extra Maverick allocations. But then a relatively small midwestern dealer (LM) got 75 allocations in one month. The large Ford dealers complained and so Ford shut off the allocations to LM.
So, it sounds like we disagree which dealerships the allocation system protects, but we agree that it's the dealerships that are calling the shots.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

I do commend Granger for making sure their unfulfilled 22MY orders got scheduled, as did Long McArthur. As mentioned earlier in this thread, ALL of our 22MY orders (120) were scheduled for production (and all have been delivered already). If we had followed Granger's system we would have sold 120 Mavericks in 23MY, instead we were able to fulfill an extra 110 order holders and setting us up for future years of receiving at least 230 allocations instead of 120 each year going forward (if Ford starts to base the allocation system off the same system as ALL other models).
Sponsored