Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you get a lariat lux then yeah. I had an XLT and bumped it to Lariat Lux and got scheduled like 2 weeks later
Depends on dealer allocations. Had a Lariat Lux ordered since September and still nothing,
Sponsored

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on dealer allocations. Had a Lariat Lux ordered since September and still nothing,
Same here. Lariat Lux, waited 16 months for the XLT Lux last year. Will not order a 24. This is for my wife and I will just buy a Honda.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
This thread says otherwise: US Sales Regions Discovery

Midwest / Rockies
52 Dallas
53 Kansas City / Nebraska ?
54 Omaha
55 St. Louis
56 Denver / Las Vegas / Idaho ?
57 Houston
58 Twin Cities

It shows Dallas and Kansas City in the same region.
They have Areas that are broken into regions. I see all the reporting and there isn't a Texas dealer in our KC Region reporting. All the dealers in the KC Region are the four states surrounding KC that I referenced earlier.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears my production constraints are shrinking, which is good. Except the hybrid part, which is whole reason I'm getting the truck. Fingers still crossed....

Sponsored

burger_time

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not if the dealer the order is with doesn't have allocations. We won't get ours scheduled for production. Probably see some dealers out there with stock Ecoboost Scheduling.
So a dealer with more allocations than buildable customer orders will get dealer stock scheduled whereas a dealer with more buildable customer orders than allocation will get... nothing? That's lame! I know this is what we've been hearing this whole scheduling year about how allocations work, but now we may actually start seeing it happen. As a customer I would expect Ford to make some attempt to juggle allocations between dealerships to prioritize buildable orders that already have a customer in line waiting for them. Maybe those are the leftover allocations at the end of the model year that you mentioned in one of your last videos that dealers can apply for. Hopefully you and other dealers get some of those allocations for some of your remaining EB orders!

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
So a dealer with more allocations than buildable customer orders will get dealer stock scheduled whereas a dealer with more buildable customer orders than allocation will get... nothing? That's lame! I know this is what we've been hearing this whole scheduling year about how allocations work, but now we may actually start seeing it happen. As a customer I would expect Ford to make some attempt to juggle allocations between dealerships to prioritize buildable orders that already have a customer in line waiting for them. Maybe those are the leftover allocations at the end of the model year that you mentioned in one of your last videos that dealers can apply for. Hopefully you and other dealers get some of those allocations for some of your remaining EB orders!
You are correct and hopefully Ford will shift allocation system for sold out models.

Diver_Down

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra and hopefully a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really don’t know how the allocation decision tree works but it would seem to me if order by far exceed the capacity then the only thing would be to normalize the allocation distribution. It would not be fair to give no allocations to smaller dealers just to benefit a larger one. If production can only do 83% of orders then maybe allocation can only be at 83%.
Then you run into granularity of data and the different configurations which makes it a non trivial problem. In either case I think Ford would complained about no matter what they did. So when picking a dealer do you go to one that has 450 allocations where your chance is 1 in 450. Or to a smaller one that has 100 and your chance is 1 in 100.
I don’t know what the best plan is. Sometimes you just have to depend on the ordering gods to look down on you with favor.

brandless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F150, F150, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We all admit that we don't understand the allocation system, but what we seem to be forgetting is that Ford does not like the allocation system either. They tried to bypass it, but when that failed we blame them for saying that they would but then yanking it away from us.
Wikipedia may not be the most reliable source of information, but...
" Today, direct sales by an automaker to consumers are limited by most states in the U.S. through franchise laws that require new cars to be sold only by licensed and bonded, independently owned dealerships."
and
"Tesla Motors has rejected the dealership sales model... ...Tesla's model was the first of its kind, and has given them unique advantages as a new car company."

The allocation system is part of the franchise agreements that Dealerships have with all Auto manufacturers (except Tesla...). It protects small Dealerships from being frozen out by large dealerships who could monopolize a region. Why should the Auto manufacturer care who sells their car as long as it gets sold? The small Dealership though, won't last long if the Auto manufacturer only sends cars to the Dealerships with high volumes.

So, the allocation system is something that is forced on the Auto manufacturers, by law, to ensure that Dealerships are treated fairly. Does it work? If you say "No", why blame the Auto manufacturer?

Can I prove that this is true? No. I don't remember where I read it. But if you don't believe it, do your own research. Or just keep complaining about it... But keep in mind that Tesla does not sell through dealers, and when they were able to get away with it, Ford wanted to try it too...

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The allocation system is part of the franchise agreements that Dealerships have with all Auto manufacturers (except Tesla...). It protects small Dealerships from being frozen out by large dealerships who could monopolize a region. Why should the Auto manufacturer care who sells their car as long as it gets sold? The small Dealership though, won't last long if the Auto manufacturer only sends cars to the Dealerships with high volumes.

So, the allocation system is something that is forced on the Auto manufacturers, by law, to ensure that Dealerships are treated fairly. Does it work? If you say "No", why blame the Auto manufacturer?

Can I prove that this is true? No. I don't remember where I read it. But if you don't believe it, do your own research. Or just keep complaining about it... But keep in mind that Tesla does not sell through dealers, and when they were able to get away with it, Ford wanted to try it too...
The allocation system is part of the dealer agreement but Ford determines the allocation formula. For the Maverick, Ford initially incentivized sales of Rangers, Bronco Sports and Escapes to dealers with extra Maverick allocations. But then a relatively small midwestern dealer (LM) got 75 allocations in one month. The large Ford dealers complained and so Ford shut off the allocations to LM.

Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand this crap at all. I ordered from the largest dealer in Missouri and they only have half of their 60ish orders scheduled. Ford is really screwing this up.
Which on in missouri I’m in Washington mo

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand this crap at all. I ordered from the largest dealer in Missouri and they only have half of their 60ish orders scheduled. Ford is really screwing this up.
Which and where in missouri , I’m In Washington mo

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear the Toyota allocation is working great. It was on one of those Youtube videos (so it is true) that all Toyota dealers are getting the Stout delivered as soon as the customer custom orders it. Maybe everyone should switch over and get a Stout. No waiting. No allocation confusion.

Damn, my nose keeps growing. I meant to say the Ram Rampage. No, it's the Subaru. Mazda.

InDaRed2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which and where in missouri , I’m In Washington mo
Bommarito in St Louis

Might be the second largest, Machens is large also.

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's already been happening for awhile. When you see blue window stickers instead of green they are stock Mavericks not customer orders. Unfortunately all the dealers around me took more orders than they were given allocations for.
Sponsored