Sponsored

If they made a full EV Maverick, would you buy, switch? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was interested in a electric Mav until I saw this

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was interested in a electric Mav until I saw this

There went 5 minutes and 50 seconds of my life (I did cheat and fast-forwarded it, so more like 1 minute 30 seconds.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There went 5 minutes and 50 seconds of my life (I did cheat and fast-forwarded it, so more like 1 minute 30 seconds.
Well if it was painted alto blue you would have watched the whole video. The paint just ain’t right.

Richard B.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz (trade considered for 2025 Maverick)
Engine
Undecided
Nope....while they sound interesting I think Biden is full of crap. The USA is not anywhere near ready for everyone to have an EV vehicle. The power grid couldn't handle the demand. In addition, I'd have to upgrade the electric service coming into my house in order to put a charging station as well as the electric panel. God only knows how much that would cost at today's crazy prices, just to charge it. Plus like others have posted the range EV's are getting are nowhere near adequate for travel. They may be great for local commutes to work and to go to the store, but traveling on vacation or sightseeing, NOPE. In my opinion they won't be ready until they have a range of 500 miles or more.
You are dead on correct........the EV world pictured by our fearless leader is light years away.........I should have to stay over night at $175 FOR A ROOM WHILE "SPARKY" GETS A FULL CAN, IS REDICILOUS FOR A 600 MILE TRIP !

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, not reliable enough.
Dipped my toes into the electric world with the hybrid and got burned.
Went the other way...

Sponsored

jfg6869

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat, HPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No way on full EV. Now gonna risk dying in traffic.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
No, not reliable enough.
Dipped my toes into the electric world with the hybrid and got burned.
Went the other way...
I get it but not exactly scientific. The maverick hybrid has more in common than the EB than most EVs and just because Ford buggered the hybrid a bit doesn't mean the whole "electric world" is unreliable I think Priuses are pretty reliable

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get it but not exactly scientific. The maverick hybrid has more in common than the EB than most EVs and just because Ford buggered the hybrid a bit doesn't mean the whole "electric world" is unreliable I think Priuses are pretty reliable
I get it that. At the time I purchased the Maverick, I worked in a department alongside six Tesla owners. Some of them tried to coax me over to the EV world. I told them what I said above about "testing the waters with a hybrid". Academically, I understand the argument, but I have to say I've enjoyed taking a step back.

Sponsored

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
I get it that. At the time I purchased the Maverick, I worked in a department alongside six Tesla owners. Some of them tried to coax me over to the EV world. I told them what I said above about "testing the waters with a hybrid". Academically, I understand the argument, but I have to say I've enjoyed taking a step back.
I don't own any EV yet either but I would not consider Tesla to be the most dependable in that world either. It's sort of a shame that it seems like Ford really buggered up the software on the hybrid and probably turned some people off to it who tried it. On the bright side I guess software is a little easier to fix than a bad piston design but still. I'm kind of hoping they get it all sorted because I'm thinking about a Maverick and I keep going back and forth between the hybrid and the EB because there's pluses and minuses with both.
Sorry for the confusing post but I did voice to text and finally checked it and edited it

Last edited:

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't own any EV yet either but I would not consider Tesla to be the most dependable in that world either. It's sort of a shame that it seems like Ford really buggered up the software on the hybrid and probably turned some people off to it who tried it. On the bright side I guess software is a little easier to fix than a bad piston design but still. I'm kind of hoping they get it all sorted because I'm thinking about a Maverick and I keep going back and forth between the hybrid and the EB because there's pluses and minuses with both.
Sorry for the confusing post but I did voice to text and finally checked it and edited it
I enjoyed my Maverick for >20,000 miles. It wasn't a software issue with mine, rather the harness issue that multiple dealerships wouldn't resolve. Ford Motor Company didn't help either.
I understand that later on, others got the cable overlay and that it resolved the issue. Unfortunately, I had dozens of no-start events that I had to mitigate myself. Far too frustrating.

RegularMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE GTPE, 22 Lightning, 98 Ram Laramie, Toyota R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're on our Second MachE. First was First Edition and with being first of any manufacturer, had recalls. Didn't do any that needed the car to go to the dealer and we were fine. Our second is a MachE GTPE. Love both of them. Had a Lightning as well and it' was worlds better in torque, ride quality with the unique rear suspension, but Range and our traveling habit of Splash and Dash on our Hybrid F150 just wasn't for us. Still have the GT, but one of our vehicles is always going to be ICE.

Recharged for the first time on the road in three years of EV life and it wasn't bad at all. 25 minutes from 18% to 85% was fine as we shopped at the Retail stores nearby as we watched the MachE progress and didn't want to hog up a charger while we sauntered around. Will do it more actually.
If your doing over 350 miles a day on highways, hauling construction stuff no way will we let go of our Hybrid or full ICE.
Contractors with a local service area though EV truck makes a great business case.

Vipermotor10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't get rid of my hybrid but I would also buy the EV especially if they made it more of a sport truck like the old lightning's, lowered and racing suspension

Space

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I will purchase the next small EV Truck on the market that is economically or maybe better said , reasonably priced.
Hope it has comfortable seats and cruises more like a car.🤓
Sponsored