Fully Electric Maverick EV hint dropped by Ford??

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Did Mike Levine (director of Ford vehicle communications) just hint at an electric Maverick BEV?

that’s the new VW/Ford platform they are working on. Should be out by 2025ish. It will be available for
Escape, Bronco sport, Maverick, Edge.
they are also working on a bigger version, (kinda like the F150 Lightning) but more universal (like Lightning + Mustang Mach E) so they can make more vehicles on the same platform
Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, F150 Expedition. So Ford will have 2 platforms for their entire line up.

their goal is 2025. And who know if one or all the cars Will hit at the same time.

either way it will likely be after the Maverick gets a facelift/ update.

Xtreme Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I am not entirely sold on dedicated EV yet. This time around I would have serious considered a Plug-in Hybrid with power meeting or exceeding 2.0L EB.

With that said, if a dedicated EV version did come to light, had around 350 miles of range, excellent power, AWD, I would seriously, at least, consider such configuration. The Maverick form factor makes sense for a product like such.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I am not entirely sold on dedicated EV yet. This time around I would have serious considered a Plug-in Hybrid with power meeting or exceeding 2.0L EB.

With that said, if a dedicated EV version did come to light, had around 350 miles of range, excellent power, AWD, I would seriously, at least, consider such configuration. The Maverick form factor makes sense for a product like such.
I think I’m the next year or so (once production is full swig with no parts issues)
Once ford has recouped it’s RnD costs.
They start making a good profit and the market is still hot. I think you will see more.

first AWD hybrid. Easy enough. I think that could come for the 2023 model year

second PHEV. Same system as the Escape. Basically the Hybrid system with a bigger battery. (14kwh vs 1.1kwh)
will give you 30+ miles of electric range. They may give the Maverick a bigger battery than Escape. That will definitely be ONLY FWD. that could be as early as 2023. Could be a little later depending on how the Hybrid sells.

third is full EV. I don’t expect that too soon. That will likely come when they show off the new Ford/VW “EV Skateboards” in 2025-ish

that EV should give well more than 300 miles range. And a BOAT load of torque.

zackmd1

First Name
Zack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
I think I’m the next year or so (once production is full swig with no parts issues)
Once ford has recouped it’s RnD costs.
They start making a good profit and the market is still hot. I think you will see more.

first AWD hybrid. Easy enough. I think that could come for the 2023 model year

second PHEV. Same system as the Escape. Basically the Hybrid system with a bigger battery. (14kwh vs 1.1kwh)
will give you 30+ miles of electric range. They may give the Maverick a bigger battery than Escape. That will definitely be ONLY FWD. that could be as early as 2023. Could be a little later depending on how the Hybrid sells.

third is full EV. I don’t expect that too soon. That will likely come when they show off the new Ford/VW “EV Skateboards” in 2025-ish

that EV should give well more than 300 miles range. And a BOAT load of torque.
I’m guessing the AWD hybrid and PHEV will be the same car as I doubt they could make the current hybrid system AWD (not enough power or provisions to drive rear wheels). Having a larger battery (thus PHEV) will allow them to have an entirely electric rear axle (upping the system power in the process). The Lincoln Corsair PHEV has this system and makes around 270hp total if I am not mistaken. Maybe MY23 but I’m guessing more likely MY24 considering both the Escape and Corsair PHEVs have yet to launch.