Sponsored

Fully Electric Maverick EV hint dropped by Ford??

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Lightning gets real expensive real fast. How much cheaper could a Maverick EV be when the Lightning starts under $40k already. Aside from the Chevy Bolt and Nissan Leaf, $40k is pretty much the floor on EV pricing right now.

I doubt this generation of Maverick gets a full EV, but surely the next generation will.

Yeah, but imho it's worth it.

I would have bought one if I hadn't expected it to be a 2-3 yr wait even last summer when I started looking for a truck.

Would have gotten the ER Pro ($50k), and just been sad about not having heated seats. There's a what $7k gov incentive, and then it's also a home power backup and fast charging station (included in the ER price premium)... In the end, that's less than $40k for the truck in my book, and it's easily worth that (hell people are asking $40k for Mav XL's these days)... and when you see the performance of the lightning... it's shocking.
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Somehow you managed to entirely miss the point I was making even though you quoted me in your reply. Site Admins don't want political dominated discussion here so I'll just correct your impressions and leave it at that: As more EVs hit the road, less gas tax is collected, while they get a "free ride" contributing nothing to building and maintaining existing roads. In CA where I lived until 2017 EVs also got free use of express lanes and sometimes additional purchase rebates on top of Federal rebates. States started noticing the loss of $ from gas taxes from EVs and looked for a way to make things "fair" and keeping "user pays" philosophy. I believe Oregon was 1st to debate miles driven tax on EVs. Then they decided since EVs would eventually replace existing vehicles, they would just apply the miles driven tax to ALL vehicles and even wanted to install black boxes to automatically read and bill your use. They are envisioning a future situation of gas taxes to continue falling to 0 when ICE vehicles are banned completely but roads still require funding.

So my comment was addressing the reality that they will not make it "fair" by just adding a mileage tax to EVs, but double tax ICE vehicles at the same time with GAS AND mileage taxes instead of 1 or the other. I won't go into how gov't chooses to spend said collected taxes, but could give many examples of them not using collected taxes for the specified purpose and re- allocating to pay for their other agendas and neglecting fixing roads at all levels is actually a deliberate failure to prioritize spending existing income streams for that purpose on other things.

I'm out :cool:
They do get taxed in some states, they add a surcharge to the registration for EV vehicles. Is it less than paying the equivalent mileage driven for gas at the same MPG, yes but they are not getting a totally free pass.

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll pass on an EV Maverick...a better hybrid model would be more appropriate if it could match the 2L AWD 4K options. My 2L Mav gets me 400+ on a tank which is why I take it in the winter on trips. I can drive a whole day without filling up once. I have cars for summer trips. I wouldn't want an EV Maverick that MIGHT get me 300 or even less in the winter time before even considering towing issues.

MetalThunder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MetalThunder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost AWD Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I already own a golf cart ;) I like a fuel that gives me freedom - not a cord ...Posted this in another thread but worthy here also

Cheers

Ford Patents Potential ICE-Saving Technology

Engineers at Ford have filed a patent for a pre-combustion system that could dramatically reduce emissions and, as a result, earn a reprieve for gas-powered cars in an era of on-going electrification.

rmay635703

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 360, Comutacar, Honda Insight, Dodge Ram
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do get taxed in some states, they add a surcharge to the registration for EV vehicles. Is it less than paying the equivalent mileage driven for gas at the same MPG, yes but they are not getting a totally free pass.
Not some most.

over 80% of EVs in the country pay more gas taxes than an equivalent gas vehicle because of high fixed registration fees.

Its not 2013 anymore
Sponsored