First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stopped by a Loves truck stop in Quartzite AZ last night on the way back to PHX from CA. Saw this line of cars leading to the EV charging station (where all stalls were full), with a Ford Lightning in the back. An older guy walked by me, looked at the line, laughed, shook his head and said “Go back to California!”.
Ford Maverick This is what’s in store for EV owners [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS] IMG_6964
Sponsored

Last edited:

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is for EV owners that drive further than their range and HAVE to use public charging. Not the case for those who don't surpass their range on a regular basis and can charge at home.

But, THIS is a large reason why I am more a proponent of PHEV over BEV. The public infrastructure in it's current state sucks ass, and a large amount of people cannot charge at home. All of these bullshit mandates WILL get reversed or at least pushed out further and further imo.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seen a video in CA at Tesla charge station before. Big lines. EV's are if your a two car family and have gas car for travel. In the end EV's don't do much lowering of co2 at all now even if you charge off your own solar.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stopped by a Loves truck stop in Quartzite AZ last night on the way back to PHX from CA. Saw this line of cars leading to the EV charging station (where all stalls were full), with a Ford Lightning in the back. An older guy walked by me, looked at the line, laughed, shook his head and said “Go back to California!”.
IMG_6964.jpeg
Interesting in the more than 20k miles I logged on my Tesla in over 11 states not a single time did I encounter anything like this, only once in Chicago, IL was the stall full and I had a spot within 7 minutes...

Sponsored

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right. Never has happened to gas vehicles before, right?
Like rationing. Or when fuel runs out before a hurricane, etc.

Ford Maverick This is what’s in store for EV owners [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS] Screenshot 2023-11-20 105211

Can charge an EV at home in those situations. Not many have oil wells and fuel refineries at home, though.

Thanks for creating a brand new thread for a topic that has never been discussed before.
Very informative!

OP
OP
azadv

azadv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Screenshot 2023-11-20 105211.jpg

Can charge an EV at home in those situations. Not many have oil wells and fuel refineries at home, though.

Thanks for creating a brand new thread for a topic that has never been discussed before.
Very informative!
🙄

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Lines like this are a rare occurrence at most public charging stations. I-15 also gets backed up like this on weekends when people travel from LA to LV.

I recently did a 1,000 mile(1,609km)round trip from Peoria IL to Cleveland OH and did not experience any waiting in line to charge. I also did not have trouble finding DCFCs on the trip.

Last edited:

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_6964.jpeg
:rolleyes:

RegularMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE GTPE, 22 Lightning, 98 Ram Laramie, Toyota R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Screenshot 2023-11-20 105211.jpg

Very informative!
Yep, swapped out 18 Hybrid F150 for a long reserved Lightning Lariat. Best truck ever the Lightning was but wife won't part with her Mach E GTPE and one vehicle had to be ICE/Hybrid so Lightning got traded for a F150 Limited Hybrid. We tow a lot and it's always no-notice and often times 500+ miles round trip. Not the best use case for a BEV truck. If it's 250 miles a day around home use, not a better pickup than the Lightning. It would close a gap in traffic that someone was trying to dip into in no time and that was towing double axle dump trailer with 4 tons of gravel.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yep, swapped out 18 Hybrid F150 for a long reserved Lightning Lariat. Best truck ever the Lightning was but wife won't part with her Mach E GTPE and one vehicle had to be ICE/Hybrid so Lightning got traded for a F150 Limited Hybrid. We tow a lot and it's always no-notice and often times 500+ miles round trip. Not the best use case for a BEV truck. If it's 250 miles a day around home use, not a better pickup than the Lightning. It would close a gap in traffic that someone was trying to dip into in no time and that was towing double axle dump trailer with 4 tons of gravel.
Your wife sounds like a smart woman I'm glad you listened to her about the MME.

Of course I might have some bias involved with that statement.:D
Ford Maverick This is what’s in store for EV owners [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS] dealer pic1

sundog

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The lines are Costco were pretty massive today too at the gas station. To be honest, doesn't look too bad, as the station has 7 chargers and 7 cars queued. There are also 2 Tesla stations nearby that have 120 spots which should open up soon for other cars if not already. Most of those drivers probably charge at home normally so this is a minor holiday inconvenience.

Ford Maverick This is what’s in store for EV owners [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS] Screenshot_20231120-143403

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting in the more than 20k miles I logged on my Tesla in over 11 states not a single time did I encounter anything like this, only once in Chicago, IL was the stall full and I had a spot within 7 minutes...
I would not wait 7 minutes at a gas station for a pump.
There are 4 on every corner.
Even knowing it will only take 2 minutes to fill up after that.
And then how long does it take to charge your car to full?
What do you do in that time?

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I would not wait 7 minutes at a gas station for a pump.
There are 4 on every corner.
Even knowing it will only take 2 minutes to fill up after that.
And then how long does it take to charge your car to full?
What do you do in that time?
Well you wouldn't go to the pharmacy to get gas anymore would you? No of course not but 110 years ago that is where people bought their gas from.

EVs are still in their infancy. Give it some time for the infrastructure and tech to evolve.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.