Sponsored

If Not Maverick What Vehicle Would You Have Bought?

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A Santa Cruz or a Bronco 2-door, neither any more available right now than the Mav, and both more expensive. Oh, and if money were no object (except it is) a Defender 90 two door - also hard to find. If March comes and goes with no Maverick, I think I'll have to fall back to any small, relatively inexpensive AWD vehicle. Cause I need AWD in the worst way, and I don't have it.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was considering the F150 Lightning, but probably 2+ years to get one (no reservation), then I thought maybe the all new '23 Ranger.....then delays, and again, 2+ years most likely to get one.

Even tho I loved my '18 F150, is was really a lot more truck (cost & size) than I needed, so that's when I put the Mav order in.

Based on everything I've read/seen/researched, should be perfect for me! And, hopefully less than a year wait for the order.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2022 Ford Bronco 2 door 2.3T in blue with manual trans (not bronco sport). If I dont fit well in the maverick XLT, I will likely go that route for a daily driver I already have a full size Chevy pickup to pull and haul large loads.

As far as my old stuff goes, classic muscle cars I bleed Chrysler turquoise. I dont work on any other brand of old muscle cars. New stuff I buy what suits me best for my daily needs, providing it looks like a "normal" vehicle, and doesnt look bizarre like the offerings from Japan or Korea. The maverick looks like a regular pickup truck. That's what I like about it. Santa Cruz is butt ass ugly, ditto for the honda ridgeline.

Last edited:

jjedli000

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevy Colorado, 2021 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GMC Canyon and Toyota Tacoma. Both significantly more money and neither can touch 40 mpg.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
since this isn't a purchase of necessity and I'm keeping all current vehicles, I wasn't seriously looking. I did hope to 1 day find a truck lower to the ground and easier to get in and out of and load motorcycles than our current F-150. Don't like any of the mid-size offerings due to size and price. My local Ford sales rep told me a year ago a brand new Ranger was coming in 2022 and maybe that would work for me in a base model- wait and see.

I also knew Nissan Frontier was coming out with a redesigned model and I liked the idea of the V-6 instead of anything turbo and the low tech and lower ride height of the outgoing model. Was thinking maybe to look at final year 2021s but again not a big priority. Then I got a whiff of Maverick and did due diligence along the way to make sure it would work for me and was sold after driving 1 and all options I wanted were possible and still come in under $30k OTD.

Ordered Dec 15 and know it will be maybe April or later before I get it and am sanguine about that :cool:

MichaelGA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When Maverick came out I knew I had to order one. I did just that on June 19th shortly after orders opened. Still no Maverick in my driveway.

Before Maverick I was considering SUVs like the Honda Passport, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Explorer. Which I may have to revisit if we have any more delays.

What vehicle were you considering before the Maverick came on the scene and what vehicles do you recommend in these difficult times?
Nothing. I would continue driving my 2019 Kia Sportage into the ground for at least another 4 years. I honestly wasn't interested in anything until a discussion wit a co-worker led in October made me aware of the Maverick. I was lamenting to him that there were no small trucks anymore. I had had an Isuzu pup in the mid 80's that was small, light and good on gas (30+ mpg). All the trucks were way bigger than what I needed and the best mileage was in the low 20's. Once I found out about the Maverick, I went to a Ford dealer and put a deposit down on a hybrid Maverick 11/6! I'm really looking forward to it, but don't expect to get it until April at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong!

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would have either been a new or used Ridgeline. I was debating between going with a year or two-year old Ridgeline or springing for new one. A new one would have cost me about $8500 more than my Maverick hybrid Lariat (close to loaded since I wanted a couple of features in the Lux pkg that I couldn't get without that additional cost). If the MPG wasn't so much better, the AWD and my past experience with my '06 Ridgeline would have most likely trumped the lower price of the Maverick.

Sponsored

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Probably would've kept driving my current car until prices dropped back to normal (Not paying $10k over msrp) and bought a ranger, colorado, or canyon

TheFDMayor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E, 2013 Ford Mustang
When Maverick came out I knew I had to order one. I did just that on June 19th shortly after orders opened. Still no Maverick in my driveway.

Before Maverick I was considering SUVs like the Honda Passport, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Explorer. Which I may have to revisit if we have any more delays.

What vehicle were you considering before the Maverick came on the scene and what vehicles do you recommend in these difficult times?
I had a 2019 Ranger that I traded in on a 2021 Mach-E...they gave me what I originally paid for it!...had to do it!...So I ordered a Maverick and traded in my 2019 Lincoln MKC cause again they gave me a hell of a deal!...only problem now is I don't have a truck, and I need one bad!...if they delay to long I may get a Ranger again...

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Wasn't looking for a vehicle before the Maverick came around. Live in a dense urban area so a car isn't a necessity. But the Mav is a perfect vehicle for biking, hiking, camping, and the occasional trip to the suburbs.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably would have just kept driving my Silverado like I have for the last 15 years. Maverick was the only thing to convince me to buy as it ticked all the boxes for me. Maybe Bronco Sport if the Silverado finally gave up.

MKEYAN31

First Name
Yanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Lux, 4K, 360, FX4)
Probably would have kept the golf r and got into the new one when the time allowed
Sponsored