Sponsored

If Not Maverick What Vehicle Would You Have Bought?

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If not for the Maverick I would stay with my 2017 Prius V and my 2000 Ranger 4x4.

Was wanting to get down to 1 vehicle as I retire. Save some cash on only one insured.
Your existing combo is awesome but replacing it with a hybrid Mav is even better.
Sponsored

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
None. I'd continue on with the ol' F150 until it dies. Nearly 300k on it now and it hasn't skipped a beat.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If not for the Maverick I would stay with my 2017 Prius V and my 2000 Ranger 4x4.

Was wanting to get down to 1 vehicle as I retire. Save some cash on only one insured.
First off the Prius V is a fantastic car and I’m actually surprised that it isn’t more popular. It has more space and better rear sight lines than the regular Prius. I also had a rusty 1999 Ranger 4x4.

FlatheadKen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Milan, 2022 Kona N
Genesis GV70. I was pretty close to buying a 4 banger with a lux pack for $52K, but couldn't find what I wanted.

Deacon Blues

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit, 1997 F150
I originally tried to order a 2021 base model Honda Ridgeline, but my auto broker told me that the wait time was at least 6 months and probably longer.
I found a lariat Maverick locally for MSRP and couldn't be happier.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NorthShoreMaverick

NorthShoreMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I originally tried to order a 2021 base model Honda Ridgeline, but my auto broker told me that the wait time was at least 6 months and probably longer.
I found a lariat Maverick locally for MSRP and couldn't be happier.
I’ve been eyeing the passport but impossible to get.

Fordretired1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not look at any other vehicles. I only wanted a Maverick.
All I want is the maverick if no Maverick I would keep what we have. A bronco sport and a 2007 F150 with less then 93000 miles. I ordered a Maverick Lariat alto blue On 10/14.
the 150 will go to one of my sons.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This Maverick will my first vehicle purchase primarily because I want it rather than because I need to replace an older vehicle that is basically worn out.

I wasn't looking to buy another vehicle when the Maverick was introduced. My 2015 Escape only has 43000 miles on it.

Comet71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Comet 71
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Mercury Comet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When Maverick came out I knew I had to order one. I did just that on June 19th shortly after orders opened. Still no Maverick in my driveway.

Before Maverick I was considering SUVs like the Honda Passport, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Explorer. Which I may have to revisit if we have any more delays.

What vehicle were you considering before the Maverick came on the scene and what vehicles do you recommend in these difficult times?
Tacoma.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered my Maverick XLT AWD so I won't be driving it for a while.

My other major choice was a Kia Sorento Hybrid. I considered the Hyundai Santa Cruz but I just didn't like the styling and the non-turbo engine was less appealing than the 2.0 EcoBoost in the Maverick. The turbo Santa Cruz was more than I wanted to spend.

We have had really good luck with Kias in my household. My oldest son is still driving the 2011 Soul Base we bought new that year for my wife. It is approaching 180k miles and has only had a couple of very minor problems. My wife got a 2013 Soul Plus the end of 2013 and we sold the 2011 Soul to her mother. Her mother got a new car in 2018 and sold the 2011 Soul to our oldest. It has made the rounds.

We replaced my wife's 2013 Soul with a 2018 Sorento in early 2018. I started a job with the state in 2018 that included a take home car. I can't use it for anything but work, but it means I don't need a vehicle to commute. We made due with just the Sorento and a 2009 Kia Rondo I inherited from my mother until the end of 2020. Then we traded the Rondo on a 2021 Kia Soul X-Line for my wife and for about a year we had her Soul and the Sorento. We sold the Sorento at the end of November for more than we paid for it new. I just ordered the Maverick and we are going to try and make due with just her Soul and my state car until the Maverick order arrives.

I probably should have just kept the Sorento, it was paid off, but I just couldn't pass up selling a nearly four year old car for more than I paid for it new. Plus, it gave me the excuse to get a new car and I get the new car bug every 3-5 years and have to get something. I'm hoping that by the time I have the bug again there will be a AWD Hybrid Maverick.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im not replacing anything, im adding it to the stable. Ive missed the days of when i was much younger and had a Mazda B2200. The Maverick will be by updated version of a mini truck.
Right there with you. The first vehicle I ever purchased new (as opposed to used) was a 1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max. It cost all of $7000 and included as options: Air conditioning, steel wheel rings, an AM/FM radio, and five, count 'em five, forward gears. Later I owned a 1994 Ford Ranger I bought used, a 1992 Mazda B2200 I bought used to replace the Ranger (see avatar), and a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4x4. I keep having pickups as "spare vehicles" but haven't owned one as my primary car since the Mighty Max. I'm excited to have a truck that I can also count on as a family and trip vehicle. I do miss my B2200 though, I traded it as payment for a roof on my house.
Sponsored