Sponsored

If Not Maverick What Vehicle Would You Have Bought?

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was happy as a clam with my Subaru WRX. A lady that wasn't paying attention, wasn't insured either, hit my car and totaled it. I thought long and hard about going back to a WRX but have thought a small truck would be nice.Stumbled on a Maverick someone had changed their mind on and couldn't be happier.Awesome little truck.
Sponsored

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably I would just keep riding my Rebel motorcycle, since four wheels move your body and two wheels move your soul!

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't in the market at all. I saw the mpg, the utility and I checked the price for used crv sales value and ordered. I don't even remember how I heard about the Maverick as I was not interested in trucks lol. I never thought about buying a truck before the Maverick. The only Ford vehicles I was interested in was the high roof transit for the business the escape PHEV. I bought my Chevy Volt after I saw it as a post on Slickdeals. It was a steal at $13.5k factory certified. The Volt has replaced my Mercedes ML350 as my DD. I was already not liking the $100 a week gas bill for the ML and when gas prices skyrocketed I was happy I bought it. I rarely go to the gas station now I just plug it in when I get home which is a nice time saver. The crazy part is what I'm paying now for electricity and car payment is less than what I was paying for gas on my ML! The 58 mile range is perfect for my daily commute as I usually get home with 10 miles range to spare and a full tank of gas as backup. It's fun to drive because it's very quick off the line with the electric motor which has allowed me to make safe lane changes in front of tricked out street racers and BMWs when required... So after driving it I did some research to see if there was a PHEV CUV to replace the wife's CR-V and that's where I saw the Ford escape. 35 mile range at $10k cheaper than the RAV 4 prime was interesting but I never pulled the trigger. But when I saw the Maverick at 42 mpg city with a starting at $20k it was a no brainer as that was substantially better than the 26 we were getting on the CR-V. We ended up going Lariat luxury as that's almost a straight across trade from the CR-V. This is the first truck in the family so we are all excited to try something new. That's how compelling this truck is. Ford got alot of things right with this design. Now the wait is on for a PHEV AWD Maverick.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was contemplating the Honda Insight EX

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just waiting for the right vehicle hoping a small truck would come out. Aaaand it did. If not I'd still be in my Fit. I'd probably move to an HRV if I had to get something else.

Sponsored

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My previous vehicle I was checking out was a Subaru CrossTrek. Subaru's are All-wheel-drive. My wife has a loaded Subaru Outback with all the safety features. I was stalling because the CrossTrek safety features don't match up as good as the Outback. When the Maverick came along, that has everything. My Maverick order is a Hybrid Lariat Lux, Velocity Blue, Floor liners, mud flaps, 360 copilot. All-wheel-drive hasn't been a necessity. 40+ MPG is a better advantage for me. I would also like the Fender Flares, but they are an aftermarket add-on this year.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I probably would have gone for the Hyundai Santa Cruz if the Maverick was not going to happen. I been desiring a compact truck for a while. I rode in a the new Ranger and did not like it much. I was also considering a Ford Bronco, but knew all the ordering and supply problems people are still having to this day and considered a Bronco Sport but I didnt think it was much different than my Ford Escape.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold my 2002 Sport Trac 4 years ago. I bought it used and had owned for 12 years. I Bought a 2016 Chevy Volt used in 2019. I would have kept it if I did not see that a new small truck called the Maverick existed.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When Maverick came out I knew I had to order one. I did just that on June 19th shortly after orders opened. Still no Maverick in my driveway.

Before Maverick I was considering SUVs like the Honda Passport, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Explorer. Which I may have to revisit if we have any more delays.

What vehicle were you considering before the Maverick came on the scene and what vehicles do you recommend in these difficult times?
I was looking for low mileage 18-20 year old Dakota RT, Sonoma ZRX, or Ranger Step Side Extended Cab and have it professionally restored. There were two very low mileage Dakota RTs for sale in 2020 out of Florida that were cherry. One had 1300 +- miles on the speedometer, and the other about 2500 miles on it. Both were right around $20,000. Low mileage ZRXs were in the 25k range. Low mileage Rangers were all over the place. Anyway, the Maverick was introduced and after following the Maverick Truck Club from June to now, in October I ordered a VB XL, 360 co-pilot, hitch, 110V Outlet, and moonroof. The dealer had a Pro-liner spray-in bed liner installed and I put on a Fordbug/hood protector, Ford soft rollup tonneau. I have to finish installing the Commander Touch SiriusXM and Ford's Security System, then I'm done. Ford's introduction of the Maverick probably saved me spending 20-25k on a twenty year old truck, plus whatever restoration costs are. It's providence at work for me.

Sponsored

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Mustang GT

the maverick was my head winning over my heart

Reactions: TCK

Dsavino3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I processed an order for a Lariat Maverick today and am excited of having a Ford again. If the Maverick were to fall through, likely I would be looking at a Diesel Colorado ZZ1. All in all the Colorado would be north of 7K more and still not have as many options although more capable in some ways. It has been a very hard decision process to go away from a conventional pickup for something more practical.

mattzar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Audi A3 89 Chevy S10 20 Pacifica S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered one just because. I'm stilling driving my Audi A3 TDI (diesel) that get 40mpg all day long. I wasn't really looking at anything else new. I like older trucks like my 89 S10. Love the small trucks.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Honestly my wife and I were debating getting another compact car like our Versa (probably a Kia Soul or something) or getting a midsize truck (since like six to ten times a year the utility of the truck bed would make our lives like a thousand times easier).

We were still deciding on what to get when the test mules for the Maverick got spotted on the road, and we decided to wait and see what would be announced (we considered the Santa Cruz for a minute too, until pricing was released).

And yeah, the Maverick is the perfect vehicle for our needs, between the truck bed, the fuel efficiency of the hybrid, the pricing... here's hoping I eventually get mine. :LOL:

Anturok

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Lariat w/ 4k tow pkg
Before the Maverick/Santa Crus were announced I was looking at hybrid SUVs like the RAV4 and Tucson. Those 2 hybrid systems have AWD available and still get good highway mpg, which is what I mostly drive.
Still patiently waiting for my ecoboost July order to get delivered, but with all these recalls I feel like I will be waiting even longer.
Sponsored