Sponsored

If Not Maverick What Vehicle Would You Have Bought?

NorthShoreMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When Maverick came out I knew I had to order one. I did just that on June 19th shortly after orders opened. Still no Maverick in my driveway.

Before Maverick I was considering SUVs like the Honda Passport, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Explorer. Which I may have to revisit if we have any more delays.

What vehicle were you considering before the Maverick came on the scene and what vehicles do you recommend in these difficult times?
Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I would still be driving and not liking my 2015 Colorado. Not much else out there I like. Especially for the price.

Retiredguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick,2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Ec
I did not look at any other vehicles. I only wanted a Maverick.

mpoulin

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing until my Mav is built!
I was looking at a Honda Ridgeline. It was about another $7k for similar features, but the upside is they are actually available on the lots to test drive and purchase. I ordered my Maverick in late August and its now been "in production" per my dealer and the tracking website for 3 weeks.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Edge

Sponsored

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at a Honda Ridgeline. It was about another $7k for similar features, but the upside is they are actually available on the lots to test drive and purchase. I ordered my Maverick in late August and its now been "in production" per my dealer and the tracking website for 3 weeks.
I have always liked the Ridgine(both generations). I’m typically a Honda fanboy but the main turnoff for me is the the MPG difference is slight compared to other midsize trucks. Even some full size trucks return similar mileage. To me the Maverick and the Santa Cruz are a scaled down version of the Ridgeline. I focused on the Maverick with the option of the hybrid engine .I hate capacitive touch screens instead of buttons/switches . Unfortunately the Santa Cruz has that system for HVAC/radio controls.

Bootstrap6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 3 Hothatch Grand Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was originally looking at a kia k5 gt line. Its starting price is exactly what I am paying for the mav. Its feature heavy and the cabin is nice looking. Could not find a dealer that would come off their 7-8K markups. Found out about the mav and havent looked back since. Kia salespeople still call and I gladly tell them I went with ford and they arent marking up my vehicle. Honestly the ford dealer by me has small markups compared to other places Ive seen but are way more willing to negotiate considering the low markups. My cousin just bought a 22 Stealth edition Eco Mustang and they waived the markup entirely because he was buying it that same day. He ended up paying less than me for my mav but he traded in a 2018 cruze so that helped considerably. I understand times are tough but I have to hand it to my local dealer for guaranteeing me my mav price as well as being flexible. Guess the kia sales people dont want to make money.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I was looking at a Chevy Trail Blazer. Only thing that was comparable in my price range that had the features I wanted. I was actually heading over to Ford.com to compare it to the Escape when the Maverick caught my eye.

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If not for the Maverick I would stay with my 2017 Prius V and my 2000 Ranger 4x4.

Was wanting to get down to 1 vehicle as I retire. Save some cash on only one insured.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, if the Maverick were not available I would continue to drive my 07 Audi into the ground @19Mpg. I had considered a used, low mileage, Honda Fit as a commuter if/when the Audi died.
Otherwise, there is nothing else on the market that I feel is worth pulling the trigger for a brand new vehicle..

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I probably would have kept my Honda to avoid making payments and just driven it for another 6 years or so. However, Honda in general ain't what it used to be. They would have lost me to Toyota, VW, or Kia. Instead, it was the Ford Maverick to the rescue. "I won't let you down, Goose!"

Ford better not, that's all I can say.

Ford88

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Feel like I’m all over the place, I ordered 2.0 lariat back in Sept. I preordered the 2022 GMC Sierra duramax yesterday. It’s only a 3 mpg difference on hwy, still up in the air if the Mav is too small or not. I drive a lot, about 30k a year and really want to switch over to a truck.
thinking the Mav will come first even though I’m not even scheduled yet and I can give it a go for a few months before deciding if I need something full size.

Bob_Snow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was set on a Honda Civic hatchback before I saw the Maverick. I got into mountain biking and the Maverick looks more convenient with the bed rather than having to install a roof rack.

Chief83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 Plug-In Hybrid 🚐 , 1 Hybrid 🛻 on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would have held on to my 2017 Ford C-Max Energi (PHEV) until the Ford F-150 Lightning Pro was able to be purchased & delivered. Once you go hybrid (let alone plug-in hybrid or full electric) it is hard to take a step backwards. I’m going to miss charging at home with the hybrid Maverick but the utility factor over the C-Max is night & day.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im not replacing anything, im adding it to the stable. Ive missed the days of when i was much younger and had a Mazda B2200. The Maverick will be by updated version of a mini truck.
Sponsored