Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keeping possible power grid concerns, politics about EVs, etc. OUT of the conversation, what would you consider to be the ideal EV to get you out of your ICE vehicle, or at least add an EV to your garage? What are your priorities or must haves? And what kind of vehicle would you want it in? For instance, I love the idea of an all EV Maverick with at least 250 miles of range and a price tag of about $35K. Small, easy to park, perfect for running local errands or taking a few people out to dinner or the airport, etc. I don't think it needs to be any more powerful than the current hybrid, so figure 200hp. That makes it more efficient so it can use a smaller battery (cheaper/lighter) and still get decent range.

Nissan Leafs and Chevy Bolts were on the market for prices far less than $35K so I figure it's got to be possible. Honestly for my family the biggest reason we aren't considering an EV yet is because we don't want to spend $45K or more -- it's just not in our budget.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I really hope Ford has an electric Mav in the pipeline! I donā€™t mind waiting until 2028.

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd consider a PHEV with a minimum 30 mile range or add a second vehicle, an around-towner EV, with 40 mile range.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold my EV to buy my Maverick mainly due to my long drives and the things you donā€™t want mentioned. I bought my Maverick for several reasons including waiting for longer range EVs and the things I wonā€™t mention šŸ™‚ Now that Iā€™ve had my hybrid Maverick Iā€™m totally sold on it and ordered a 23. I donā€™t know if I would go back to an EV even if it had everything I wanted and I donā€™t know if the unmentioned things will be readily available before I pass Lol!
Sponsored