Sponsored

What would you buy/lease, if the Maverick didn't exist?

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I can't get a reasonable deal on a Maverick hybrid, I'll keep my 2005 Honda CRV.
Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2018 Mustang GT that I’m using as my main vehicle because my 2006 F150 was too big and the gas mileage was horrible so I sold it 2 days ago now that I have a Maverick on order.

Once the Maverick gets here the Mustang will be my weekend/days off vehicle along with my 2019 H-D Road Glide.

I was considering a Ranger but felt it was too big, expensive and I honestly just didn’t like it. They look weird from the back with the tail lights too large.

There’s really nothing else I want. I’ve been saying for the last 6 months that I wished there was a small truck that a manufacturer offered.

I happened to come across the Maverick and then the Santa Cruz. I’d take either one but the Maverick checks off more boxes and looks better to me because it has a more traditional truck look.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2018 Mustang GT that I’m using as my main vehicle because my 2006 F150 was too big and the gas mileage was horrible so I sold it 2 days ago now that I have a Maverick on order.

Once the Maverick gets here the Mustang will be my weekend/days off vehicle along with my 2019 H-D Road Glide.

I was considering a Ranger but felt it was too big, expensive and I honestly just didn’t like it. They look weird from the back with the tail lights too large.

There’s really nothing else I want. I’ve been saying for the last 6 months that I wished there was a small truck that a manufacturer offered.

I happened to come across the Maverick and then the Santa Cruz. I’d take either one but the Maverick checks off more boxes and looks better to me because it has a more traditional truck look.
How much did you get for the F-150? I

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much did you get for the F-150? I
I listed it for 7k on Craig’s list and offer up with tons of inquiries. Sold it in 5 days. Could of listed for more but just wanted to get rid of it.

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
If really given the choice I'd be looking to smuggle a Toyota Hilux from somewhere, but realistically I'd probably settle for a used Tacoma or look for a late model dodge dakota similar to what I had in Highschool.

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking for a second used Toyota Prius when the maverick caught my eye...

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I need a truck the days I need a truck or I would go with an SUV, I don't haul a lot but I do haul wood once in a while, bags of concrete, plants etc.., So I didn't want to carry it in a SUV and dirty up the back...but it's not off the table totally because I hate my current rig but not enough to deal with the prices of the Toyotas, Nissan, Chevy mid-size trucks and the mid-size now are about the size of older trucks.. like a 1970 Chevy C10, I would love a Ridgeline but can't/won't afford it and the gas mileage isn't that great, my old 2006 Ridgeline got just a little better than my Avalanche but not by much and I'm really unhappy about 13.5mpg it gets. So what would I buy? I'd watch for Nissan to dump the 2021 Frontiers because of the new design coming. Maybe an SR 2WD crew cab Toyota if you can find one it should be around $29000. or an SUV Would love a Hybrid in the Ford-Hyundai-Toyota Brands

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd just wait a little longer for new Ranger reveal. Also look for deals on 2021 Frontier. I still really like the idea of that NA V-6 even if the body styling turns me off. As long as I can still find something 2 WD with few options and lower step in and tailgate height I'm good.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will just keep my 06Element 193k miles. They should have put a bed on the Element. That would have been a game changer. The Santa Cruz looks pretty good and it comes in green!

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I'd just wait a little longer for new Ranger reveal. Also look for deals on 2021 Frontier. I still really like the idea of that NA V-6 even if the body styling turns me off. As long as I can still find something 2 WD with few options and lower step in and tailgate height I'm good.
Finding a 4 door 2WD Frontier is a rarity... or they might sway me, Still don't like their trannys tho'

Sponsored

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been looking at the VW AllTrack, and Audi Allroad because of the drive, but realistically, the Subaru Outback was a leading contender because I want to be able to tow my motorcycles and throw the dogs in the back. Somehow caught a preview of the Maverick and it ticked all the boxes.

Funny about the number of former Element owners. I think the Maverick shares a quirky/practical attraction for them. I had a '04 Honda Element with 92,000 miles on it last year and sold it for $5,500 - this was before used car prices shot up. Huge regrets about that! Bought a '04 GX470 from Ohio with intentions of seeing more of the countryside. After putting more than $5,000 into it, I got sick of the mechanical gremlins tied to rust issues. Luckily, came out even on the sale because of price increases. Then did a 180 and bought a '19 Accord 2.0T Touring that I've driving because of its reliability and I know it will hold its value until I find the Maverick is available.

BlueXL_73

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That very question is how I discovered the Maverick. I was searching for news on the 22 Nissan Frontier. It's not very likely that I would have actually bought one, but it did steer me in this direction.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I listed it for 7k on Craig’s list and offer up with tons of inquiries. Sold it in 5 days. Could of listed for more but just wanted to get rid of it.
Thank you, I listed mine for 8K with 69,000 miles 6 cyl 5 speed manual trans.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, I listed mine for 8K with 69,000 miles 6 cyl 5 speed manual trans.
Mine was the Super Crew, 5.4 with 152k miles. Florida truck with no rust. I was the 2nd owner. Good luck with the sale.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another Element owner looking for a new generation Element....that does not look like it will happen. If the Suzuki Jimny was available in the US I'd have headed that way before the Maverick. The price of the Maverick for what it offers in a hybrid is hard to pass up....but so far the two dealership I have visited seem to have Zero interest in taking my order.
Sponsored