Sponsored

What would you buy/lease, if the Maverick didn't exist?

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another Element owner looking for a new generation Element....that does not look like it will happen. If the Suzuki Jimny was available in the US I'd have headed that way before the Maverick. The price of the Maverick for what it offers in a hybrid is hard to pass up....but so far the two dealership I have visited seem to have Zero interest in taking my order.
The Jimny is so cool and I’ve always loved the Samurais as well. Any 2-door off-roader is an A-plus in my book (full disclosure I have a 2-door Bronco on order). Doug Demuro recently did a new Jimny review and it made me even more sad that we don’t get it here.

I had a few misses on dealers, too, but maybe look into Chapman (Horsham and Philadelphia), Granger, and Long McArthur. Lots of people on the forum have ordered from those 3 and they’re all knowledgeable and easy to deal with. No trickery. Hope you get one ordered if that is what you want!
Sponsored

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mostly in order: Santa cruz, genesis g70, civic hatchback, crosstrek sport, next generation frontier, legacy turbo.

Still hoping ford doesn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with the Maverick release, which has nonzero probability.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I want a small truck…..so the option is the Santa Cruz….but I would wait until the addendum BS stopped but by than maybe I’d be lucky and Ram or Toyota came out with a small truck and than no way the Cruz wanna-be

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone interested in my 2016 tacoma... Trading for Maverick.
Reasoning: Interested in hybrid drive and don't need 4x4 - never used it. Good trade in, and need something to fit in the parking garage in NYC- Otherwise I would have purchased a Ford Escape Hybrid

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nothing. I didn't want a SUV and I wasn't looking for another vehicle. The Maverick came out, checked almost all of my boxes in regards to what works for me. Build date is week of 10/4. So much versatility, good MPG, AWD, and looks good. I'm in

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Santa Cruz........................... Just kidding!!!

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Old beatemup pickup (wknd project) and keep the Prius (140k) and still strong

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing. There were no offerings that appealed, I had no real need, but just liked what I saw enough that I placed an order. First thing in years that got me interested. The newest Ranger had a little 'buy me' pull, but not enough to get out the checkbook.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was gung ho for a Jeep Gladiator but the more I researched them, the more I was disappointed, especially with the poor safety ratings, vague steering, weird dimensions, and questionable reliability. I realized I was going to take a gamble taking my toddler with me anywhere in it and would likely, almost never drive it as a result. So that was out.

I would have likely ended up buying a barebones 4wd crew cab ranger then trading it for a full size bronco in a few years when the price gouging stopped on those. I don’t need a huge truck bed space and loathe driving boring cars/SUVs/trucks so the Maverick with a sunroof and a bit of sportiness was a diamond in the rough when I found it.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have just kept my 2016 Chevy Colorado. But I wanted a smaller truck that is easy to get in and out of. That I can reach into the bed without needing a step ladder.

The Mav checked all the boxes and I sold the Chev Colorado for $7000 more than I paid for it 2.5 year ago. So there‘s that! :)

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing, I would just keep my 2016 Volt.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Q: What would you buy/lease, if the Maverick didn't exist?

A: Does the Maverick actually exist? 😳

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing. There were no offerings that appealed, I had no real need, but just liked what I saw enough that I placed an order. First thing in years that got me interested. The newest Ranger had a little 'buy me' pull, but not enough to get out the checkbook.
Same, wife and I share a single car and weren't even looking to buy a new one. Probably would have been looking at compact sedan EVs in 2-3 years to replace our 5yr old jetta. Not needing another vehicle is a good position to be in; we can wait, as the Maverick checked off so many boxes.

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Continue to drive my Mercury Grand Marquis into the ground

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Base Civic LX (non-Hybrid grocery-getter), 31/35/40 mpg.
Sponsored