Sponsored

If Not Maverick What Vehicle Would You Have Bought?

Aminal

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at the new Honda Civic hatchback and the Mazda CX-30. Test drive both, and was actively looking to buy the Mazda.

I didn't even know the Maverick existed until October. I was able to test drive an XLT at a dealership nearby and pulled the trigger the next day. This truck does everything the Mazda and Civic do, and more, at a cheaper price with only a slight size increase.

The only downside is the interior isn't as nice, but that's a price I'm willing to pay.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm buying a Bronco in february (if it gets delivered). If there was no Maverick Hybrid I would likely keep the Bronco forever. With the Maverick in the picture - the Bronco has 3-6 months to really endear itself to me otherwise she'll go when the Mav comes.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No Maverick , then a F250 , crew cab , 7.3 L.
Of course would need a new garage then

OP
OP
NorthShoreMaverick

NorthShoreMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before the Maverick/Santa Crus were announced I was looking at hybrid SUVs like the RAV4 and Tucson. Those 2 hybrid systems have AWD available and still get good highway mpg, which is what I mostly drive.
Still patiently waiting for my ecoboost July order to get delivered, but with all these recalls I feel like I will be waiting even longer.
Same and may have to go back to those if delays keep building.

Charles Burke

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
When Maverick came out I knew I had to order one. I did just that on June 19th shortly after orders opened. Still no Maverick in my driveway.

Before Maverick I was considering SUVs like the Honda Passport, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Explorer. Which I may have to revisit if we have any more delays.

What vehicle were you considering before the Maverick came on the scene and what vehicles do you recommend in these difficult times?

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was considering a hybrid crossover like CR-V, RAV4, Escape, etc. but didn't plan to start looking at anything until Spring or Summer 2022.

When I read about the Maverick I had a hunch I should jump on it because it would be popular and they might raise the price for '23. Based on how long it's taking, things might line up with my original timing. :)

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was looking hard at the nissan frontier, but I couldn't have got half the features I can get with the maverick for the price and it's still more truck than I need.

DragonSpirit76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger 2016 (Sold to get Maverick)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have probably just kept my 2016 Dodge Challenger. I wasn't really looking for another vehicle since I was about to be done paying for my Challenger in May of 2022. But felt I needed a vehicle that was more gas friendly since I drive about 50 miles a day to work and back.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wasn't looking for any vehicle, I planned to keep driving my 89 Deville with 175,000 & my 04 Taurus with 75,000 till the wheels came off. But I have been dreaming of a FWD truck type vehicle for 30 years & it's finally available, just a few more months.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
When Maverick came out I knew I had to order one. I did just that on June 19th shortly after orders opened. Still no Maverick in my driveway.

Before Maverick I was considering SUVs like the Honda Passport, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Explorer. Which I may have to revisit if we have any more delays.

What vehicle were you considering before the Maverick came on the scene and what vehicles do you recommend in these difficult times?
Nothing. I wasn't looking at all. 42mpg/20,000 got me

Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was looking at an Alfa Giulia but didn’t premium gas and have Italian reliability

Vickyfortin1985

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
We were looking at the Bronco Ford or the Rav4 prime. But the waiting time for the Rav4 was 2 years...! We went to see the Bronco Sport and it I really loved it but made a compromised with my boyfriend who wanted a truck (mostly for the bed...)! So we went for the Maverick!

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
I wasn't looking for a new vehicle. When I bought my new Outback Touring in 2018, I fully expected it to be my last vehicle (at least for over a decade). But two things happened at the end of summer ... I learned of the Hybrid Maverick with an expected 40mpg and my last local friend with a pickup (who has helped me with dump runs and hauling stuff too big/dirty for the inside of the Outback) announced he's moving back to ME to be closer to family within the next year or so. My sister & brother-in-law and their pickup moved to AZ last year and another friend moved into an assisted living facility this summer and gave their truck to their son in WA.

Once I learned about the Maverick I started looking at options and limited it to the Santa Cruz or Ridgeline because I want a new vehicle and I want it to fit in my garage (218" maximum length will fit with the door down). I stuck with the Maverick due to the mileage ... both the 22 Santa Cruz and the 22 Ridgeline have worse mileage than my 18 Outback and with the rising, and expected to continue rising, price of gas ... I won't get anything worse than what I have now.

If my Maverick order were to somehow fall thru, I'll probably stick with the Outback and rent a pickup from Home Depot or U-Haul when necessary. Luckily, my Outback is in excellent condition and I have no *NEED* for an immediate replacement.

My two cents,
pat----

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
its my wife that ordered the maverick, she would get another kia soul, until she saw the maverick, we have a 2016 never been back to dealer for anything but mtce. I have a 2019 f150 stx 2,7 eco

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing. I was not vehicle shopping when I learned about the hybrid Mav and if it didn't exist I wouldn't be buying anything for at least 2-3 more years.
Sponsored