Sponsored

I Wonder What Hyundai Thinks?

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
You think the allocation and ADM nonsense for the Mav is bad? Try shopping for a Santa Cruz. It's brutal. Believe me. I've been trying for awhile.
Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
If the santa cruz were 10k less and came in a hybrid, I would have one already.

I like the maverick a lot, and I am still getting it, but the allocation system and being in the dark on my order is seriously making me consider if I would ever buy from them again
So would a lot of us I bet, especially with the AWD. Such demand would I'm sure also make a hybrid SC impossible to get, since there are no built-to-customer orders.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
So would a lot of us I bet, especially with the AWD. Such demand would I'm sure also make a hybrid SC impossible to get, since there are no built-to-customer orders.
Yeah, seriously! Hyundai dealers are going ape 🦧💩 crazy over their SCs with 10k-15k markups. My god, if there was a hybrid, they’d be marking those up by $30k. MSRP $35k/ sell price $65k…. It’s a bargain!!! 😂😂😂

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will answer your question. Hyundai thinks they should have made a better looking vehicle.

Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Yeah, seriously! Hyundai dealers are going ape 🦧💩 crazy over their SCs with 10k-15k markups. My god, if there was a hybrid, they’d be marking those up by $30k. MSRP $35k/ sell price $65k…. It’s a bargain!!! 😂😂😂
These Korean cars are all being marked up like crazy, but it's not like the dealerships are making a killing. They just have no inventory and can afford to hold onto cars for the biggest sucker to part with their money.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
These Korean cars are all being marked up like crazy, but it's not like the dealerships are making a killing. They just have no inventory and can afford to hold onto cars for the biggest sucker to part with their money.
Many dealers in the same boat. Local Honda dealer recently had 2 new cars on their lot. Two!

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could care less what Hyundai think honestly.....

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Many dealers in the same boat. Local Honda dealer recently had 2 new cars on their lot. Two!
Test drove a Santa Cruz a few weeks ago and it was one of five new cars on the lot.
The local Subaru dealer recently had a day with zero new cars on the lot. Plenty of used ones going for new prices though.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe they need another f’ing Oreo war room to figure their ridiculous productions issues. Give’em some f’ing cupcakes and 💩 and tell’em to get their brilliant minds to work.
Truth be told, I think production is going exactly as planned except for two things 1) the supply chain issues and 2) underestimated demand.

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 46 and have never bought a new car. Although I grew up in Fords, I haven't owned one since 2004. But I read about the Maverick and time was right, put in an order before a lot of reviews were out. I'm grateful that lots of reviews are favorable- with the only real minuses being the interior "non-luxury" which has never been a priority for me anyway.

The market is totally crazy right now. Ford really hit the market right- value and utility. I can't wait to see my truck!

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
Looked at the Santa Cruz, the dealer wanted 10K over sticker. I said no thanks, I'll wait for my Mav. Boy, I'm sure glad I did.
Sponsored