Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Hello Ford,
Do you have a fix for this or not? You sent me down a rabbit hole, there is no fix that the service people know about, Ford hasn't mentioned the problem to them. Do you have concrete plan of action for this?
Randaddio,
from the other string...
My car is there now. I'll let yaw know in about a week or so.
Sponsored

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has happened 3 times to me, latest time was today. XL Hybrid has 1,1xx miles. I was at a stop, let up on brake (no accelerator pedal used) to move slightly up and AFTER coming to a complete stop and after a second or so there was a very noticeable "thump" as if transmission (eCVT) did a hard downshift. I had only driven at slow speed (under 25 mph) for about 4 blocks in stop n go traffic after truck had been driven 20 miles and parked for 4 hours.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this issue early on, but it hasn't occurred once since I got the "surge fix" reprogramming. (I've got about 3k miles on the truck now.)

It's possible that I have subconsciously modified my braking method in some way to avoid it, but as far as I know I haven't changed anything.

Ehowe1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this issue early on, but it hasn't occurred once since I got the "surge fix" reprogramming. (I've got about 3k miles on the truck now.)

It's possible that I have subconsciously modified my braking method in some way to avoid it, but as far as I know I haven't changed anything.
I wonder if I’ve changed my braking habits as well, mainly because when I go drive our family Honda Pilot the brakes feel very different to me!

OP
OP

Czl04

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav

Funny you say that. I noticed it after i got the surge fix.

Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any TSB fixes for this…gonna be taking it into dealership but would rather not waste my time if they don’t know what’s causing it yet

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a buddy who works at the dealership, I’m gonna ask him if he can get a list of all the internal TSBs for the maverick and report back….so far for me it’s the constant deep sleep mode 12v dead battery, harsh braking at low speeds, dash rattle, and whistling noise from windows….still like the truck though…hoping these issues get resolved.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a buddy who works at the dealership, I’m gonna ask him if he can get a list of all the internal TSBs for the maverick and report back….so far for me it’s the constant deep sleep mode 12v dead battery, harsh braking at low speeds, dash rattle, and whistling noise from windows….still like the truck though…hoping these issues get resolved.
I think this is the current list of TSBs https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Maverick/2022/tsbs/

Sponsored

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll have to pay closer attention to actually detail when it happens, but from what I can recall it's usually in low-speed situations as noted above, such as when I'm in the drive-thru lane or something and I'm trying to creep between the payment window and the pick-up window, or maybe creeping through a store parking lot having to stop for pedestrians crossing. That kind of thing.

Addendum: A bit of clarification - I haven't gotten the "thud" mentioned, just somewhat of an unexpected hard braking as the truck rolls to a slow stop. Instead of easing to a stop, they grab at right as the truck is closing to completely stopping. Maybe happened three or four times at most in the three weeks I've had the truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Czl04

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
I'll have to pay closer attention to actually detail when it happens, but from what I can recall it's usually in low-speed situations as noted above, such as when I'm in the drive-thru lane or something and I'm trying to creep between the payment window and the pick-up window, or maybe creeping through a store parking lot having to stop for pedestrians crossing...that kind of think.
Same here. Couldn't get it to repeat the problem at the dealer today

nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happens to me from time to time as well (including today when I was pulling into a parking spot). It happens in very low speeds, such as traffic at red lights, or in parking lots. Doesn't always happen, but it can happen.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I'll have to pay closer attention to actually detail when it happens, but from what I can recall it's usually in low-speed situations as noted above, such as when I'm in the drive-thru lane or something and I'm trying to creep between the payment window and the pick-up window, or maybe creeping through a store parking lot having to stop for pedestrians crossing. That kind of thing.
Hi there. This braking concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored