jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a TSB and a software fix for this.
Look it up elsewhere on these posts.
This thread is over 10 months old... And recent posts link to the thread about TSB 22-2493.
Sponsored

jonboy227

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
explorer, mustang, soon a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
had truck at dealer yesterday for a engine light, so i mentioned about the brakes and the update, they would not fix it because the could not replicate the braking problem. also would not fox the air bag recall, they said it can only be replaced if bags are deployed.
what a joke

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
had truck at dealer yesterday for a engine light, so i mentioned about the brakes and the update, they would not fix it because the could not replicate the braking problem. also would not fox the air bag recall, they said it can only be replaced if bags are deployed.
what a joke
Holy shit they refused the air bag recall?

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy shit they refused the air bag recall?
Because Ford hasn't officially announced eligibility for delivered units and dealers have received a one-time stock allocation of airbags to supply their un-delivered affected units.

As of the last publicly posted dealer communication to order more for in-service units it needs to be one with a defective airbag or deployed:
Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid brake system grabbing and/or rough engagement at low speeds 1673912844610

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because Ford hasn't officially announced eligibility for delivered units and dealers have received a one-time stock allocation of airbags to supply their un-delivered affected units.

As of the last publicly posted dealer communication to order more for in-service units it needs to be one with a defective airbag or deployed:
1673912844610.png
Ah, I reviewed an email and it does say they willl provide updates in 2023

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid brake system grabbing and/or rough engagement at low speeds FBFB482B-2A21-436A-898A-126E2E226010

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
TSB 22-2493 done on my hybrid Maverick yesterday. Major improvement. Brakes can still grab somewhat at that final full stop, but the entire 10 to 0 MPH brake feel is 90% improved.

I will say again that if you want improvement while you wait to get the TSB, try turning on Brake Hold. I noticed 50-75% better brake feel with it on. YMMV.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Forgive me if this is already answered (this is a LONG thread), but has anyone who has already taken delivery of a 2023 experienced this? Or has it been resolved at production level for the 23MY?

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just had it done, so far so good. But I haven't driven enough to say for certain. Usually it is the worst pulling into my garage, and I did not feel the grabbing after I drove home from the dealer today. 🤞

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just had it done, so far so good. But I haven't driven enough to say for certain. Usually it is the worst pulling into my garage, and I did not feel the grabbing after I drove home from the dealer today. 🤞

edit: after a couple days of driving, I can say it is fixed! I can still feel the transition between regen and normal brakes, but it is a normal transition and doesn't cause any jerking movements or any panic that my brakes aren't going to stop in time, like before.

Last edited:

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had it done a few days ago and can say for certain that it’s WAY better. You can still occasionally feel that servo pop but even when you do it has waited until MUCH later and closer to being stopped, so it’s far less jarring. But most of the time when you think you’re in the scenario where it was likely to do it, it just does the right thing instead. Very happy with how it works now and it was really my only complaint in 20k miles so far.

Pope

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic and Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been driving my hybrid since last May and I've been experiencing the brake grabbing issue, but it seems to happen randomly. I saw the TSB 22-2493, so I printed a copy of it and took my hybrid into the dealer and showed them the copy. After having the vehicle for two days, they told me today that since it's not throwing a code and since they aren't able to replicate the problem, they won't be able to fix it. FRUSTRATING!!

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been driving my hybrid since last May and I've been experiencing the brake grabbing issue, but it seems to happen randomly. I saw the TSB 22-2493, so I printed a copy of it and took my hybrid into the dealer and showed them the copy. After having the vehicle for two days, they told me today that since it's not throwing a code and since they aren't able to replicate the problem, they won't be able to fix it. FRUSTRATING!!
I thought the TSB said something to the effect of "or if the customer states the issue is occuring"

Hopperdropper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dropped mine off today at the end of the day and they said they would do it tomorrow. They also said they had never done it and didn't comment much beyond that so here's hoping it goes smoothly.
Sponsored