First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had maverick at dealership today for graping brakes.Last time in, install previous tsb and it didn't work. So they called ford and they told dealership to install electronic brake booster,which they ordered. So then tsb 23-2060 comes out. I set up another appointment and they install that tsb and that doesn't work.Told me they will call when brake booster comes in. I love it when a plan comes together.
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

Randaddio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not very encouraging. When if ever does an issue like this qualify for pursuing legal action under the lemon law, or does Ford simply keep issuing TSB's to dodge that bullet?

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm hoping they find the problem. I don't know if the brake booster will solve the problem.But that's not a tsb.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had the grabby brake fix (TSB 23-2060) done last week. So far, no more brake grabs...

BUT...

The status report says my rear brake pads were down to 5 (mm, I think, doesn't say), while the front pads are only down to 8. They said I will need to replace the rear ones later this year.

This seems odd because I am very, very gentle on the brakes. I try to get as much regeneration as I can and to limit the amount of braking done by the regular braking system. And I very seldom carry much of a load -- usually just one passenger and a bicycle.

I am wondering if the grabby brake issue has something to do with it.

Has anyone else seen this?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sometimes not unusual for hybrids to wear out the brake pads faster. The regenerative braking only works for the front wheels, after all, so to provide balanced braking forces the rear mechanical brakes still may be applied.

Sponsored

Randaddio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had the grabby brake fix (TSB 23-2060) done last week. So far, no more brake grabs...

BUT...

The status report says my rear brake pads were down to 5 (mm, I think, doesn't say), while the front pads are only down to 8. They said I will need to replace the rear ones later this year.

This seems odd because I am very, very gentle on the brakes. I try to get as much regeneration as I can and to limit the amount of braking done by the regular braking system. And I very seldom carry much of a load -- usually just one passenger and a bicycle.

I am wondering if the grabby brake issue has something to do with it.

Has anyone else seen this?
Yes, TSB 23-2060 fixed my grabby brakes, and I too had unusual wear on the rear rotors only with only 12.5K miles. The paperwork says they lightly sanded them down from 10.9 mm to 10.7, still in spec.

I’m relieved they got the grabby brakes issue resolved and now I’ll just have to keep an eye on the rotors, a minor inconvenience compared to the brakes grabbing.
Anyway, I’m glad that’s over with.
Randall

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sometimes not unusual for hybrids to wear out the brake pads faster. The regenerative braking only works for the front wheels, after all, so to provide balanced braking forces the rear mechanical brakes still may be applied.
Thanks, that makes sense. Assuming you mean it's "not unusual for hybrids to wear out the REAR brake pads faster."

Here's an article that gives a more detailed explanation of why that is. Basically the same as what you said. And, on the good side, it also says that in hybrids generally wear out the front brake pads slower than pure ICE vehicles.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, that makes sense. Assuming you mean it's "not unusual for hybrids to wear out the REAR brake pads faster."

Here's an article that gives a more detailed explanation of why that is. Basically the same as what you said. And, on the good side, it also says that in hybrids generally wear out the front brake pads slower than pure ICE vehicles.
I had a 2005 Escape Hybrid until 2019.
This never happened.
It was FWD and all four wheels wore evenly. The Factory Pads lasted until 220,000 miles.

Shelbyv8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Grand Caravan, 2002 Ranger xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drive in Slippery Mode and it really helps the grabby brake problem.
Sponsored