First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2024 XLT 2.0l eco 4k tow AWD . has vibration 55 to 62 mph on coast down or light accel.
either an axle or the driveshaft. being retired from a dealer have contacted my friends . Need to go and have it road tested. Mine follows a driveshaft problem by the mph. need to hook up the vibration analyzer to determine cause. Will put more miles on it first
Sponsored

Mvrck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Wheels & Tires? Were the wheels replaced because you were having these issues? Or did you just swap for something different for personal interest or something?
I just swapped them for 19" Mach E wheels for looks. I just assumed the vibration was something like a damper or mount. After I swapped the wheels all the vibration is gone.

OP
OP
Gday4AGday

Gday4AGday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Hybrid XLT Maverick alto blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2024 XLT 2.0l eco 4k tow AWD . has vibration 55 to 62 mph on coast down or light accel.
either an axle or the driveshaft. being retired from a dealer have contacted my friends . Need to go and have it road tested. Mine follows a driveshaft problem by the mph. need to hook up the vibration analyzer to determine cause. Will put more miles on it first
Was gonna say Mark…maybe I could take my truck to your place for diagnostic but see you’re in Indiana. Best of luck with your issue! Please report back if find out more down the road. I have service appt tmrw morning and will follow up with any additional insight.
In your opinion, out of curiosity, with your previous experience in the field…it seems like I may be in early stages of a cv axle issue or as you mentioned drive shaft problem, at that stage would it be much of a safety concern?
Appreciate your thoughts.

OP
OP
Gday4AGday

Gday4AGday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just swapped them for 19" Mach E wheels for looks. I just assumed the vibration was something like a damper or mount. After I swapped the wheels all the vibration is gone.
I hear ya. Sounds like a nice upgrade! Any pics?
I will put dampers or mounts on my list of potential sources. Thanks. Glad your issue kind of resolved itself!

Mvrck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear ya. Sounds like a nice upgrade! Any pics?
I will put dampers or mounts on my list of potential sources. Thanks. Glad your issue kind of resolved itself!
Ford Maverick Shimmy/Vibration at Highway Speeds?? 1000010575

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Anyone else feel a vibration/shimmy at highway speeds over 70 very noticeable at 80 plus??? Feels like a bad alignment/shake/imbalanced wheel? Driving me nuts. Had it in for service 2x on this at 2 different dealers. Been experiencing this since day 1 on brand new Hybrid XLT but the ‘shimmy’ used to be at 50-60mph…after first service appt they put 2 new tires on they said could not be balanced. Then the 50-60mph shimmy went away but started happening at 70+. Second service appt did a “road force” balance which seemed to help a little but the vibration approaching 80mph is still very noticeable. Is this just how the Maverick rides at high speeds or is something still wrong? The highway ride now is comparable to my 20 yr old 225k Ranger…doesn’t seem right. Suggestions, help, much appreciated!
Hi there, M. These vibration concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. If you need further assistance, please send us a PM with your VIN and the name/location of your Ford dealer, and I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

OP
OP
Gday4AGday

Gday4AGday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there, M. These vibration concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. If you need further assistance, please send us a PM with your VIN and the name/location of your Ford dealer, and I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Thanks FMC! I sent over a PM with the information you requested.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else feel a vibration/shimmy at highway speeds over 70 very noticeable at 80 plus??? Feels like a bad alignment/shake/imbalanced wheel? Driving me nuts. Had it in for service 2x on this at 2 different dealers. Been experiencing this since day 1 on brand new Hybrid XLT but the ‘shimmy’ used to be at 50-60mph…after first service appt they put 2 new tires on they said could not be balanced. Then the 50-60mph shimmy went away but started happening at 70+. Second service appt did a “road force” balance which seemed to help a little but the vibration approaching 80mph is still very noticeable. Is this just how the Maverick rides at high speeds or is something still wrong? The highway ride now is comparable to my 20 yr old 225k Ranger…doesn’t seem right. Suggestions, help, much appreciated!
I have a 22XLT AWD 4K towing pkg..I have experienced the shimmy..Had an independent shop look at it,Found that my CV-joints were leaking..It's been a Ford for over a week now??Waiting on parts..will let you know hoe it turns out

OP
OP
Gday4AGday

Gday4AGday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 22XLT AWD 4K towing pkg..I have experienced the shimmy..Had an independent shop look at it,Found that my CV-joints were leaking..It's been a Ford for over a week now??Waiting on parts..will let you know hoe it turns out
Appreciate your response. Yes, keep us posted. Hope you get it back soon with issues resolved!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gday4AGday

Gday4AGday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE:
Service appointment today found no issue with axles or anything but did notice further slight imbalance with tires. Getting all new tires tomorrow and will take it from there.

Msradke

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was gonna say Mark…maybe I could take my truck to your place for diagnostic but see you’re in Indiana. Best of luck with your issue! Please report back if find out more down the road. I have service appt tmrw morning and will follow up with any additional insight.
In your opinion, out of curiosity, with your previous experience in the field…it seems like I may be in early stages of a cv axle issue or as you mentioned drive shaft problem, at that stage would it be much of a safety concern?
Appreciate your thoughts.
Talked to my buddy tuesday. told me they have had cv axles on other vehicles with problems.
I mentioned driveshaft due to the vehicle speed which can be a driveshaft. It is also load sensitive,
minor throttle changes move the vibration. I also noted the vibration is more in the floorpan and the seat which most of the time is in rear of the truck. will update as soon as I can.

OP
OP
Gday4AGday

Gday4AGday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talked to my buddy tuesday. told me they have had cv axles on other vehicles with problems.
I mentioned driveshaft due to the vehicle speed which can be a driveshaft. It is also load sensitive,
minor throttle changes move the vibration. I also noted the vibration is more in the floorpan and the seat which most of the time is in rear of the truck. will update as soon as I can.
Thanks Mark for update. Glad your friends are looking into it.

OP
OP
Gday4AGday

Gday4AGday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE#2:

Good news…two front tires have been replaced today (again) with another road force balance and the shimmy/vibration is much better now. Work done yesterday by service dpt prior to decision to change tires again included multipoint inspection which encompassed axles-that turned up nothing out of norm this was followed by a test drive- which confirmed my described shimmy; then made swap of tires from new truck to my truck-followed by another road test and confirmation of ‘no’ shimmy…this lead to decision to replace tires. From my POV, which is limited, considering lack of experience driving other Mavericks- the ride is within acceptable operating parameters. There is still a slight shudder at random speeds around 60 and again at 80 but the shudder is during a few mph range and not overtly ‘strong’ or alarming. At this point I do not plan to make efforts to figure out the small shudders, partly because I have been given the impression they are ‘normal’ and also because I am tired of the process.

After reading everyone’s responses about this I am greatful to have the knowledge shared and feel as though I’ve lucked out (for now lol) that it is just the tires. Hoping I got a good set of cv axles that last, but if not I feel I better understand now what to look for thanks to all of you and this forum!
Sponsored