First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That did the trick, thanks! Noticed those USB ports weren’t working at all and, sure enough, there are no cables hooked up to them at all. Would be a quick fix before taking it to the dealer for the official part/fix (which I see in other threads that the part is on back order), but I can’t tell where the other end of the USB cables connect to above. Oh well.
Dude that sucks. Carlos was slacking that day at the factory. Hopefully they can get you squared away pretty quickly.
Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you buy this dongle from amazon (https://amz.run/5IYn) for $7 (free prime shipping) you have all you need to make it all disappear.
This did not play nice with my Mav. Got the exact ones in today you linked, killed the USB ports, had to factory reset the Stereo to get them to work again. So much for cleaning up the cable management haha

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This did not play nice with my Mav. Got the exact ones in today you linked, killed the USB ports, had to factory reset the Stereo to get them to work again. So much for cleaning up the cable management haha
It killed the USB ports? Wow. That's a new one. Sorry to hear about your issue. Do you have Lux Package?

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It killed the USB ports? Wow. That's a new one. Sorry to hear about your issue. Do you have Lux Package?

Killed them but not D-E-D. No power, no data, till I master reset the head unit. Turning the truck off and on did not help.

This is in an XL EB

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Killed them but not D-E-D. No power, no data, till I master reset the head unit. Turning the truck off and on did not help.

This is in an XL EB
OK, Gotcha. Saw Lariat under your Avatar and assumed you were talking about a Lariat. Thanks for the clarity.

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, Gotcha. Saw Lariat under your Avatar and assumed you were talking about a Lariat. Thanks for the clarity.
Ordered Lariat, found an XL on lot to hold me over, so that's what I have to work with for now.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dash dangling dongle.

8nGu.gif
So I have found multiple answers for how "dongle" became a word. This is one that's logical =
And the most obvious explanation is this: that "dongle" is the result of a classic portmanteaux. Here's Dave Wilton with what I'd call the leading theory on "dongle":

"The word is most likely a blend of dong and dangle, as it can resemble a penis that hangs off a computer." 🤔

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally thought it was the sticky pads fault, but almost seems like all the plastic near the USB is super slick even 3M dual lock stuff from EZPass transponder falls off the plastic down there.
I'm having great luck so far with the 3m dual lock ez pass stuff. Maybe it was because the truck was 0 days old when I tried to stick it. It's been up for 2 weeks now with the 3m stuff.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Just a quick post to say that I finally got a chance find one in stock through Amazon at MSRP. It arrived today so I hooked it up to my XLT and it works perfect. AA loads, I'll be a little on the slow side but it gets there, and everything like maps, Pandora, messenger, ect work great.

Thanks @Naranjita for making this post. This great little device would have never been on my radar otherwise.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a quick post to say that I finally got a chance find one in stock through Amazon at MSRP. It arrived today so I hooked it up to my XLT and it works perfect. AA loads, I'll be a little on the slow side but it gets there, and everything like maps, Pandora, messenger, ect work great.

Thanks @Naranjita for making this post. This great little device would have never been on my radar otherwise.
Can you tell me, what if I'm going on a road trip and want to connect my phone via a USB cable to keep it charged. Will this override the MA1?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you tell me, what if I'm going on a road trip and want to connect my phone via a USB cable to keep it charged. Will this override the MA1?
Nope. When you have an AA session active with the MA1, plugging in your device in the other USB port will just cause it to charge. Does not interrupt anything. Works well.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. When you have an AA session active with the MA1, plugging in your device in the other USB port will just cause it to charge. Does not interrupt anything. Works well.
That's good to know. From what I've read it gets rave reviews. Now I just need a Maverick to plug it into! :)

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

hopefully this will go on sale for the holiday weekend

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Taking my phone out of my pocket and plugging it in was getting old. Just ordered the MA1 from Target for 99!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Taking my phone out of my pocket and plugging it in was getting old. Just ordered the MA1 from Target for 99!
That's how I feel about truck keys, thankfully there's push to start.

I can't imagine sitting on my Pixel 6 Pro in my back pocket though.
Sponsored