First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Taking my phone out of my pocket and plugging it in was getting old. Just ordered the MA1 from Target for 99!
My truck is in transit. I've had this since Last winter sometime. Still in it's box. Can't wait to use it.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just installed the MA1 yesterday and it's like magic! Took all of about 3 minutes to setup. I notice no difference in performance between having my phone plugged in and using the MA1! Also everything turns off once the door is opened with the key out! I ordered a 7 inch usb 90 degree extension and will use velcro to secure it under the center stack!

PitViper

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too have the MA1 and have had no serious issues. Occasionally when I get in the truck Android Auto will not detect the active internet connection and shows the "No Signal" icon but everything will still work fine.

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't ever had to plug my phone in to get it to connect via bluetooth in my Maverick. Not sure why we need this?

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't ever had to plug my phone in to get it to connect via bluetooth in my Maverick. Not sure why we need this?
Bluetooth is good for calls and general audio. You can plug in for Android Auto / Carplay, but these dongles allow you to just get in and drive, but like bluetooth, connect wirelessly.

Android Auto is a much better experience if you have a Android smart phone, and uses it WiFi direct + bluetooth to have a better experience than just bluetooth. Things like using Google Maps right on your head unit, being able to run apps.

I use Carplay which is similar, so maybe I am not the best at explaining it, here is a link:

If you have a iPhone watch from the beginning to see Carplay. ( Also if you have an iPhone you want a different adapter, this one is only for Android )

Carplay is 1000x better than just Bluetooth Audio, I am sure the same can be said for Android Auto.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Considering going this route.

I never used Android Auto in the past, but just hooked it up and I liked it. I have not tried it in years though, and it's clear a lot has changed. All I ever wanted was Pandora and Google Maps. I actually kinda like it now.

Any issues with maps and the location? Connectivity? etc etc? Lots to read through on this thread but overall everyone seems happy enough with it.

I still enjoy having my phone mounted near the screen for quick access when/if I need it, especially when parked and such. But I might be able to grow past that urge. I think if anything I should just get the bluetooth adapter and go from there.

My only worry is the power to the USB ports. Doesn't it give a constant power? I had the truck on and off and have noticed the cig lighter has varying power draw times, so I tested the USB port and it seemed to be similar. Is this normal?

Lastly - dayum! $90! Super expensive for something that seems pretty simple and cheap to make.

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't seen anyone state if you can have another item hooked into the USB port along with the MA1 if I get a splitter. I would like to install some blue lights under the dash, sort of like a theater. Would those have to be hooked into the USBC port instead and then unplugged is my passenger needs to charge their phone? Thank you.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't seen anyone state if you can have another item hooked into the USB port along with the MA1 if I get a splitter. I would like to install some blue lights under the dash, sort of like a theater. Would those have to be hooked into the USBC port instead and then unplugged is my passenger needs to charge their phone? Thank you.
You'd have to make sure that the splitter has one leg that still has data. That's somewhat uncommon and most are power only.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have to take out your phone and plug it into a big ass dongle every time you get in your truck, why not just plug it in to the truck?

Sponsored

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The MA1 stays plugged into the truck, not the phone.
Really? Duh. That's awesome.
Ordering one now.
Was wondering why I had to plug my phone in for maps but not to make phone calls.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really? Duh. That's awesome.
Ordering one now.
Was wondering why I had to plug my phone in for maps but not to make phone calls.
Bluetooth is low-bandwidth. Enough for audio and a tiny bit of digital data, but Android Auto or CarPlay need much more data throughput.

I have the AA wireless and it works well, but I'd love to the MA1.

gunnmitten

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MA1 is $60 on amazon rn just ordered

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've been happy with this one and have had no problems at all. Good sound quality. Sticks up out of the way and cheaper. Phone doesn't have to be near it.
AUTUVONE Wireless Android Auto Adapter

Ford Maverick Get Wireless Android Auto w/ Motorola MA1 USB Dongle -- reviews android-auto-adapter

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I tried a USB hub in the data USB port and the truck straight-up told me that USB hubs are not supported. I didn't mess with it any more after that.

I did use a cig lighter USB adapter and plugged a slim Anker USB Hub into that though so I would have a few extra ports to plug into for the extra Type A ports since the AA adapter is using the data port. Love it.

Ford Maverick Get Wireless Android Auto w/ Motorola MA1 USB Dongle -- reviews 20240131_111552

The cable on the right runs to my dashcam. The dongle on the second port is a light to illuminate that under-dash tray.

Oh, and a quick troubleshooting tip for anyone that religiously has earbuds connected to their phone at all times like me - If your phone isn't connecting automatically to the AA adapter, it is likely because your earbuds are already connected for audio, and the truck doesn't want to hijack that connection in order to kick on AA.

Just disconnect your earbuds, or restart Bluetooth and connect to the Maverick first. I spent way too long trying to figure out why it only worked intermittently for me when everyone else was saying their experience was flawless.
Sponsored

Last edited: