WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone try using a USBC to USB converter and see if it will play a flash drive? I'm asking because if I have the MA1 attached, I need the other port to play my music on a flash drive and I dont want to continually unplug the drive. I shuffle my songs on the drive so I want to pick up where I left off and if I unplug it won't do that.
My other worry was then where to plug my phone in to recharge, but I figured I could use the port in the back to charge my phone.
Thanks.
Put in a USB A to USB C adapter for my flash drive just the other evening. No probs.

Can't see how or why a USB C to USB A adapter would not perform exactly the same way.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put in a USB A to USB C adapter for my flash drive just the other evening. No probs.

Can't see how or why a USB C to USB A adapter would not perform exactly the same way.
Perfect thank you. I found one in my old cell phone box the other day and said to myself, maybe I could use that. I believe I am all ready now for my truck, whenever that will be.

USB converter β˜‘ for my flash drive plug in
Motorola MA1 β˜‘ for my wireless Android Auto
Tailgate damper β˜‘ Though I may not use
Tailgate Letters β˜‘
Bed Divider Bar β˜‘

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't get my Motorola ma1 to go into Bluetooth pairing mode no matter what I do. I've tried the included instructions, factory resetting the moto, and other tips I found online.

No matter what, it just blinks green rather than blue. So I can't connect my phone to the Moto via Bluetooth and continue the setup.

Any ideas??

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't get my Motorola ma1 to go into Bluetooth pairing mode no matter what I do. I've tried the included instructions, factory resetting the moto, and other tips I found online.

No matter what, it just blinks green rather than blue. So I can't connect my phone to the Moto via Bluetooth and continue the setup.

Any ideas??
There was a YouTube video I saw a few weeks back that said something about hoe to reset the device. I'll see if I can find it. It may help.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Any ideas??
I think this is the video.

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this is the video.
Thanks. I've tried to reset it multiple times with that method though but it never blinks blue afterwards to let me pair via Bluetooth. I think I may have a dud

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. I've tried to reset it multiple times with that method though but it never blinks blue afterwards to let me pair via Bluetooth. I think I may have a dud
This happens to me if I don't use the same exact USB outlet that I establish the Android Auto connection first. Or if I establish AA connection through the cord and switch too fast. I need to let AA connect through the cord and at least 30 seconds before unplugging. If I don't do that, it never turns blue flashing.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This happens to me if I don't use the same exact USB outlet that I establish the Android Auto connection first. Or if I establish AA connection through the cord and switch too fast. I need to let AA connect through the cord and at least 30 seconds before unplugging. If I don't do that, it never turns blue flashing.
Gotcha. Well I'll tinker with it a bit more and if I can't get it to work, I'll send it back to Amazon. Fortunately I also have aawireless. I tried that for the first time this morning, and fingers crossed, it seems to work just fine so far

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Setup and worked right out of the box. Great product.

Only negative. The sticky pad they gave me refuses to stay stuck to the car. I'll have to find a good 3M tape for that.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Setup and worked right out of the box. Great product.

Only negative. The sticky pad they gave me refuses to stay stuck to the car. I'll have to find a good 3M tape for that.
I originally thought it was the sticky pads fault, but almost seems like all the plastic near the USB is super slick even 3M dual lock stuff from EZPass transponder falls off the plastic down there.

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On a separate note, but kinda the same, does using your phone to do navigation use data from your phone, or does it use the Ford's wifi? I'll go back and try to find this answer in the current threads, but this thought just came to me.
When using AA it is using your phones data but at the same time if you are paired to the cars wifi it should run off that. You may have to check your usage rates to verify.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When using AA it is using your phones data but at the same time if you are paired to the cars wifi it should run off that. You may have to check your usage rates to verify.
Thank you. Very helpful info.

sroctavio

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a solution for the Motorola (or any of the other wireless dongles) and what to do with it, stick where?

I was messing around with my USB port and put a little pressure on it and pop, out it came! This was awesome because I could see who it plugs in. If you unplug the wire to the USB port you have a MINI USB Male connection. If you buy this dongle from amazon (https://amz.run/5IYn) for $7 (free prime shipping) you have all you need to make it all disappear.

Pictures are worth 1000 words so here goes...
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
AllDone.jpg

Only down side is the USB A port is now dead and unusable. That said the USB-C is fully functional.
I am having a tough time getting this tray to release/pull out. Feels like I am about to snap the plastic. Do you (or anyone) remember how exactly you got it to release?

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a solution for the Motorola (or any of the other wireless dongles) and what to do with it, stick where?

I was messing around with my USB port and put a little pressure on it and pop, out it came! This was awesome because I could see who it plugs in. If you unplug the wire to the USB port you have a MINI USB Male connection. If you buy this dongle from amazon (https://amz.run/5IYn) for $7 (free prime shipping) you have all you need to make it all disappear.

Only down side is the USB A port is now dead and unusable. That said the USB-C is fully functional.
I tried a USB C to Mini USB as I was able to get one in one day, didn't work. ( using for a car play dongle ). Ordered the exact adapted you linked to try when it arrives Tuesday. Either way, thanks for a write up. If I am successful I will do one for the Carplay adapter.

I am having a tough time getting this tray to release/pull out. Feels like I am about to snap the plastic. Do you (or anyone) remember how exactly you got it to release?
I put both palms upward on either side, put a moderate amount of pressure, and used the friction to press up and pull out. Came out no issues for me.

sroctavio

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried a USB C to Mini USB as I was able to get one in one day, didn't work. ( using for a car play dongle ). Ordered the exact adapted you linked to try when it arrives Tuesday. Either way, thanks for a write up. If I am successful I will do one for the Carplay adapter.

I put both palms upward on either side, put a moderate amount of pressure, and used the friction to press up and pull out. Came out no issues for me.
That did the trick, thanks! Noticed those USB ports weren’t working at all and, sure enough, there are no cables hooked up to them at all. Would be a quick fix before taking it to the dealer for the official part/fix (which I see in other threads that the part is on back order), but I can’t tell where the other end of the USB cables connect to above. Oh well.
Sponsored