son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was only down about 4 gallons when I had the tank filled at Costco, as there was not line. Since then, the gauge has continued to show full. Also, the miles till empty has increased. When the tank was filled it said 298 till empty, now it says 387. Gauge continues to show full. Owner error?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
more info please, how long/ how far has it been. sounds like a bad sender

Ryldrin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have the hybrid drivetrain, the miles to empty will change based on your driving. If you stay on "electric" more than ICE, you'll increase that number. The reverse is true if you have a heavier foot and are using the ICE more than the electric motor.

OP
OP
son of a ..sven

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, yes it is a Hybrid. The problem is that the gas gauge...those spaced lines to the right...show full. I know what they look like at various times as the fuel is used up A also know about the mileage readout in that area...it does show more miles when using the Eco mode or driving slow enough to increase mpg. That # is way more than I have ever seen.
Again, gas gauge shows totally full...I have put over 100 miles on the truck. I assume something is wrong. I have been driving on the freeway...not a place where I get good mpg..so it is confusing.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like tank was overfilled.

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you resetting the meter after each fillup? If you don't, this might be the issue.

OP
OP
son of a ..sven

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no, and I have never reset the meter...Every time I fuel up, the gauge will show full and the numbers till empty show an approximation of how many miles I may get...automatically.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I always (even when I had my Prius) reset the gas readings when I filled up so the car will know to start from zero and that it now has a full tank.

Ken L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you fill your tank, are you stopping at the first click shut off or adding more (2 or 3 clicks)? I leave it at the first shut off, drive home. Dash gauge reads full and have checked the Ford pass app and it sometimes shows 105% full. The distance to empty does vary with several factors, more obvious in the top half of tank.

Ken

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sounds like a sending unit. take it to the dealer

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

has anyone ever had a sending unit that:

a) failed at all on a modern vehicle and DIDN'T take the fuel pump with it?
b) failed FULL? on my old classic cars, when it fails, you get E all the time. when it's failing you get wild swings. you do not get staying full, that sounds a lot more like overfilling to me.

JPerata

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid lariat w/cp 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just throwing this out there. Many years ago when I was an auto tech, when someone had a problem with the fuel gauge, we would kick/hit the tank. Worth a try to see if float is stuck

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
b) failed FULL? on my old classic cars, when it fails, you get E all the time. when it's failing you get wild swings. you do not get staying full, that sounds a lot more like overfilling to me.
a) Yes. No reason the sending unit would necessarily take the fuel pump with it.
b) Depends on the failure mode. I seen Chevies in my work fleet fail high resistance so they always read full.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
has anyone ever had a sending unit that:

i had fuel sending unit issue after dealer replaced fuel tank due to the recall related to factory drilling holes thru bedliner. After new tank installed the fuel guage would only read 80% full after fill up.
Dealer replaced sending unit but it didn’t fix issue. They then replaced fuel tank a second time and said this new tank was slightly different from the 1st replacement. They said there was some kind of “odd orange tab” inside the first one that wasn’t on the second one, and this was the cause of the malfunctioning sending unit.
I had doubts about this explantation, but the fuel guage worked correctly after that 2nd tank install.

Joester

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Coachmen 220RK, 2016 Buick Encore, 2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like tank was overfilled.
Along those lines...
I have filled up on a long road trip and had the pump shut off after 15+ gallons several times at different stations and the calibration sticker on the pump was recent on the last occasion.
Official capacity is 13.8 gallons so... I'm not sure what to believe. I can verify though that when I started driving on the last (almost 16 gallons) occasion that the range was 566 miles and it actually went close to that far before it needed re-fueled... and the pump shut off after about 12.5 gallons. So is it possible that there is a planned expansion space within the tank and it's actual physical capacity is closer to 17 gallons?
Ford Maverick Gas gauge shows full, I know it not... 566 to e
Sponsored