Found my Maverick Substitute

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
OP has a long history on this forum, but in this particular instance...
unnamed (1).jpg
Lol I'm pretty sure this is a joke. It's because of the ridiculous hike in price over MSRP.
Sponsored

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid
That dealer Is taking advantage of the times. I suspect those prices are going to drop quite a bit when the Mavericks roll onto the dealer floors. But who knows, maybe some of the Ford dealerships are going to add some fees to the dealer stock Mavericks as well.

I am not sure if they were blowing smoke but one of the salesman that I dealt with said that they had gotten a first edition bronco in and while they were waiting for the purchaser to come pick it up at MSRP, they were offered $20,000 over MSRP by someone else. They are a good dealer so they held it for the rightful owner. I guess the moral of the story is if people are willing to pay it, the dealers are willing to charge it

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be a first time truck owner when the Maverick comes out. I had never really considered one because they're so expensive, they're awful on gas, and I don't need to tow/haul things around very often. I guess it was never a practical choice and I just can't spend tens of thousands on impracticality. I was going to wait on the EVs to evolve, and the network of chargers to expand before looking at a new vehicle. Then they announced this small hybrid wonder and I'm so excited by it because it checks all the boxes of practicality while still allowing me the luxury of being able to tow my duc.

No judgement on you for liking the Cruz, but I'm with others in not understanding the draw when the price point and what you get aren't even on the same level. If it's just a preference ok, but a substitute it is not.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that the OP is kidding about the SC being a substitute. But he's not kidding about how much the dealer wants for it.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That dealer Is taking advantage of the times. I suspect those prices are going to drop quite a bit when the Mavericks roll onto the dealer floors. But who knows, maybe some of the Ford dealerships are going to add some fees to the dealer stock Mavericks as well.

I am not sure if they were blowing smoke but one of the salesman that I dealt with said that they had gotten a first edition bronco in and while they were waiting for the purchaser to come pick it up at MSRP, they were offered $20,000 over MSRP by someone else. They are a good dealer so they held it for the rightful owner. I guess the moral of the story is if people are willing to pay it, the dealers are willing to charge it
I would think that once Maverick production is going at full tilt that dealerships will at some mark-up especially if the Mav turns out to be as popular as expected.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are serious, I would strongly advise opening up your search radius to find a different dealer. There is a SEL AWD 20 min down the road for me selling for MSRP + tag/title/registration and $500 dealer fee.

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to a Kia dealer and looked at a Seltos a month ago. When they showed me the price I asked why it was so expensive that's when they told me they were adding a $2,000 as they called it market adjustment. About 50% of the Kia and Hyundai dealers around here are doing that on the hard to get vehicles.
Must by why I was able to sell my 6 month old Santa Fe to a car broker for $2k more than I paid for it.

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing new, in 1973 I wanted to buy a new 240Z and the dealer marked up the price.
I didn't buy it and had some regrets and like kidney stones they passed.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette

Obviously can't say whether that story was true, or any others that one hears on the Internet, BUUUUUT:
I've heard of similar things happening to folks that ordered C8 Vettes, although they don't usually have a happy ending, like yours. For instance, putting a 4 figure deposit down and a month or so before delivery, getting a call from the dealer stating that a better offer for the car had come in. Only way they wouldn't sell it out from underneath him was if he came up and paid for it in full by EOD. He wasn't willing to pay in full for the car until he could at least see it in person to ensure that they got the build right, since it was still weeks away from delivery, so they sold it out from underneath him.

One of many reasons I welcome the move towards the "build to order" sales model. Who wants to put up with this kind of shit from them?

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP has a long history on this forum, but in this particular instance...
unnamed (1).jpg
I could not believe a dealer had the brass to put that kinda quote in writing… but they had 3 SC this morning, 2 this afternoon… as I’ve always told my kids, “a fool and their $ are soon parted”
Sponsored