First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You'll get it when you get it. And if that doesn't work for you, well, honestly, no auto manufacturer is going to care at this point. They've got more demand than they do supply.

Welcome to the world of pandemic related shortages.
Sponsored

Autonomous

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Promaster 3500, Icky 2015 Outback
I sure hope the Maverick performs better than the company's customer service, which is pathetic. I ordered TWO hybrid Mavericks in mid-August. I've heard jacksh&t from Ford, except that my order was accepted -- thanks to me putting down $500 per vehicle. I've been waiting more than 5 months for some kind of communication .., anything. Oh, we did get word in October that we were getting some free crap ... to make up for the delay. I called Ford marketing today and the guy I spoke to was obviously schooled in evasiveness. It's such BS! Listen, I understand what might be holding things up. But, please Ford, please frickin' communicate to so many Maverick buyers who are in the dark. We have financial decisions to make regarding the vehicles we currently own, and you are not helping us make those decisions. Do you even care?
Can I get you a tissue?

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
I have a different POV with Ford communication--- I think considering ALL THE obvious dealers reported here being shady or incompetent.

Not yet met f2f my dealer in a distant small rural Texas town
On the phone for over an hour with sales rep. Only glitch was first welcome e-mail from Ford came to the correct e-mail for me but my Name was spelled wrong. I called the dealer and they corrected it and my Next e-mail from Ford had my correct name in the salutation

my Communication experience included Ford pass, and snail mail discount offers and this ten times since late October 5 months

On phone no deposit customer order by Hill Country Ford in Goldthwaite Texas:

Velocity >Blue, Eco 2.0, Lariat, 360, Lariat Lux, AWD, 4k tow, SIBL, ordered 10/27 accepted e-mail 10/29

Thu Dec 9, 2021, 9:56 AM email Schduled for 02/14 production
Thr Jan 27, 7:29 PM Reschedule email. New build date 02/21
Sat Feb 5, 7:42 PM Reschedule email. New build date 2/27
Fri Feb 11, 7:09 PM Reschedule email. New build date 3/14
Fri Feb 18, 7:18 PM Reschedule email. New build date 3/28
Thr Feb 24, Fri 25, Sat 26, Sun 27....NO new e-mail from Ford
Fri Mar 4, 7:11 PM Reschedule email. New build date 4/11
Fri Mar 11, 7:17 PM Reschedule email. New build date 3/21

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never got any emails or phone calls from Ford. All the information I got came directly from the salesman I ordered it from with 500 down. I ordered a simple hybrid XLT with hitch. Went to the dealership at least 5 times and talked directly with my salesman in friendly conversation. He gave me updates if he had any. 97 days from order it was delivered. No BS when I picked it up. Only dealer in my small town.
That's great, me from a big town, 3 emails and have a build date of 04/11, your email very encouraging tho. I think they really are trying and just seem to be overwhelmed by the amount of orders. Thanks!

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand your concern. We all wish communication was better. I ordered a Satellite form Starlink, over a year ago. I never heard from them until yesterday and they told me I have to pay more for the satellite than I was originally quoted. The service cost also went up.

I guess this is why Apple can sell phones for $1200.00. They have excellent customer service. Nordstroms can sell shirts for $75.00. They have excellent customer service.

Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never got any emails or phone calls from Ford. All the information I got came directly from the salesman I ordered it from with 500 down. I ordered a simple hybrid XLT with hitch. Went to the dealership at least 5 times and talked directly with my salesman in friendly conversation. He gave me updates if he had any. 97 days from order it was delivered. No BS when I picked it up. Only dealer in my small town.
I had the same good experience from my dealer - thumbs up

MikeYork5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure if this is directed to their customer relations department, if so, yes it is horrible. I've had to contact them twice. First time by mail, second time by phone. When I mailed them, they told me I had to take up my issue with my local dealership and they can't help, when I called them, some guy answered and said "Hello?" instead of the typical, "Hi, my name is _____ how can I help you today." There was music playing in the background and the guy sounded like he didn't even work for Ford and just answered "I don't know" to everything I asked him.
Maybe you dialed the wrong number-

Tone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still don't know what communication people want?
How about: "You're currently #85 out of 125 current undelivered orders at your dealership. You're estimated scheduled build date is xx Month Year at the current build and allocation rate (which can change). Constrained items include: Spray in bed liner, Hybrid, CoPilot360, etc. Removal of those items from your order can improve your order by an estimated XX days."

And then send you that same report once a month until you get scheduled. That is totally something they could automate and include in their current email system.

BTW the "#85 out of 125" is a real status I got from my sales rep when I asked. I have to say he has been very good at answering my queries.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How about: "You're currently #85 out of 125 current undelivered orders at your dealership. You're estimated scheduled build date is xx Month Year at the current build and allocation rate (which can change). Constrained items include: Spray in bed liner, Hybrid, CoPilot360, etc. Removal of those items from your order can improve your order by an estimated XX days."

And then send you that same report once a month until you get scheduled. That is totally something they could automate and include in their current email system.

BTW the "#85 out of 125" is a real status I got from my sales rep when I asked. I have to say he has been very good at answering my queries.
It would likely add to even more complaints considering you could be #1 of 125 at the dealer and be the 125th scheduled and 125th order could be first scheduled.

DSMMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree communication could be better, but for context I have a good friend that ordered a 2022 4Runner last June. He hasn't gotten any information from Toyota other than his order was received back in June. He stopped in the dealership this week to see if he could get some information on possible build timelines and they had no idea. Said it could be mid to late summer. These are unprecedented times. It sucks for people that need a vehicle right now, but with all the supply chain issues going on globally it's not realistic. People kicking and screaming about Ford need to wake up and look around. All vehicle manufacturers are struggling to to get raw materials. I work in auto claims and sometimes its taking over 6 months to get parts for vehicle repairs. It use to take up to a week or 2. None of the dealers have any information on when the parts will come in. This is probably one of the worst times to purchase a vehicle because of all this stuff. CSR's at none of these vehicle manufacturers are given any information. Funny people are getting mad at a $15 an hour CSR that has no real information. I think the vehicle manufacturers order materials/parts and keep their fingers crossed they'll receive them in somewhat of a timely fashion. It all hinges on when and if they receive that stuff. They are waiting, just like the rest of us. That's where we are at right now.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no point in calling Ford directly being the 10,000th person to ask the poor operators where your Maverick is. It'll get built when it get built. The only people who should be complaining are the people who ordered last June July and August.

Ford is not in the customer service business anyway. They are a wholesaler to the dealers, who are the ones that are supposed to be in the customer service business.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen more old fucks around here bitching than anyone else.
100%

I'm a millennial and placed my order and have let it be. Meanwhile I have seen endless threads on here of baby-boomers having temper tantrums (that shit is not a good look) about the wait. Calling Ford customer service weekly, staying in constant contact with the dealer, and of course complaining on here when they aren't busy pestering anyone and everyone about when they're getting built.

You can tell who is used to instant gratification and getting exactly what they want and when they want it.
Sponsored