First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not the asshole changing my oil at 3k.. Should be questioning your iq playa.
Again, you felt the need to insert yourself into MY post about something I did to MY truck. You could’ve just thought to yourself “Man, this guy’s a dumbass” and went about your day. YOU chose to post about it and proceeded to insinuate that I’m retarded. How about you try not being the asshole that has to offer criticism if you’ve got nothing constructive to say. I get it though, it’s the internet and you’re probably a cowboy, but still…

I think that sums it up. Got it, playa?
Sponsored

MTB316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
Again, you felt the need to insert yourself into MY post about something I did to MY truck. You could’ve just thought to yourself “Man, this guy’s a dumbass” and went about your day. YOU chose to post about it and proceeded to insinuate that I’m retarded. How about you try not being the asshole that has to offer criticism if you’ve got nothing constructive to say. I get it though, it’s the internet and you’re probably a cowboy, but still…

I think that sums it up. Got it, playa?
Your spending way too much time on this forum. You may need to go change your oil again playa. It's been about a week and 200 miles

OP
OP
BeardedK

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your spending way too much time on this forum. You may need to go change your oil again playa. It's been about a week and 200 miles
Damn, you’re right! Going to change out the plugs while I’m at it. Never too soon for good spark.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So are you and ol' MTB316 sipping from the same Kool-Aid? I never "preached" anything. If you actually read my post you would have seen that I said "Put right over 3k on my Maverick since picking her up in mid January, and, with the smaller factory filter thought I'd go ahead and change it a little early" , where did I preach in that statement? I said this is what I'm doing, not that I'm right for doing it, or that anyone else should do it; I also never advocated, proselytized, or argued for anyone to change their oil until they're ready.

Look, do what you want. You're (presumably) an adult and can make your own decisions. Change it early, change it after XXXX miles, don't change it for all I care. Again, I stated what I did, and not what someone else should do.
Yes you are preaching your belief as the only opinion allowed. It was also you that started this whole tit-for-tat with @MTB316 by jumping on @MTB316 post #39

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ck-xlt-my-notes-tips.12181/page-3#post-248149

His post was just a post and not a quoted post of one of your posts.

He had every right to mention his (and my belief) that just following the oil-life monitor is all that is needed.

But you then had to jump on his post by quoting his post in post #41

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ck-xlt-my-notes-tips.12181/page-3#post-248292

with this:

And why do you care about other people wasting their money and time?

Also, not sure if you know or not, but you can skip posts that you don't like. Super simple, and only 4 words to remember. Ready? Just. Mind. Ya. Business
Somehow mentioning using the oil-life monitor and not doing unnecessary oil changes set you off.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IF they are on this forum, they are laughing at the retards changing it way too soon.
Please don't use the term 'retards.' Thank you

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeardedK

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes you are preaching your belief as the only opinion allowed. It was also you that started this whole tit-for-tat with @MTB316 by jumping on @MTB316 post #39

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ck-xlt-my-notes-tips.12181/page-3#post-248149

His post was just a post and not a quoted post of one of your posts.

He had every right to mention his (and my belief) that just following the oil-life monitor is all that is needed.

But you then had to jump on his post by quoting his post in post #41

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ck-xlt-my-notes-tips.12181/page-3#post-248292

with this:

Somehow mentioning using the oil-life monitor and not doing unnecessary oil changes set you off.
So cherry then?

Look, you proved my point. You posted your thoughts on my entry in post #27. You were respectful and I didn’t say anything to you as we all have differing opinions. But ol’ boy insinuated that I was retarded because I changed it early; which, by the way, is a ridiculous thing for a grown man to say. I took issue not with his statement about using the monitor, like yours, but at being name called. There was no need. He literally could have said “ I’m not changing mine until the monitor tells me it’s time. I don’t see the need to waste my money, time, and oil until then.” Ok. Cool. I wouldn’t have said anything. You know, like I didn’t to your post #27.

I also think you’re missing the fact that he, and you, as well as everyone that responded didn’t have to. There is no requirement to post, yet he chose to post his comment and added a cheap shot remark. The first of a few. I’d urge you to reread his message that you so helpfully posted

Also, I quoted him so that it was obvious who I was responding too, that’s how forums work.

Finally (and again), it’s MY truck, not his, theirs, or yours. Do what you want to yours, or don’t. I couldn’t care less, but don’t come at someone because you don’t agree with them spouting some B.S. kindergarten name calling.

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is your oil dirty when you change it if so then you had dirty oil circulating tru your engine
When I Change mine it’s clean so I know no issues and its not building sludge and plugging passages up
Both types of oil break down
Tried every 8 months noticed a color
change and dark
Plus with synthetic oil it seems to attract moisture when sitting not running
I use it in a whole house gen and when it had not run in a while it looks creamy found out it’s moisture from not running and warming up
It all comes down to your preference
You do what you feel is right let your conscious be your guide

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put right over 3k on my Maverick since picking her up in mid January, and, with the smaller factory filter thought I'd go ahead and change it a little early. Procedure is straight forward, even with the bajillion T27 fasteners you need to remove to take the splash shield down. Threw on a Motorcraft FL910S and filled her up with 5.5 qts of Valvoline 0W-20. All in all pretty productive morning and even got to put my new DeWalt 3/8 socket set from Costco to work. Definitely didn't need it, but a great buy at $20 and takes up less space then my Husky that I kept behind the backseat.

IMG_4044.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG
I did mine at 1500 miles and with the Motor Craft FL910S oil filter I actually got 6qts of oil in it not 5.5qts. Filled it right to the top hole in the dipstick which is max capacity, the cross hatches are the safe range.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does changing your own oil and doing other maintenance affect* effect* the factory warranty?

If for whatever reason the engine blew in the warranty period and they found out you were changing the oil could they refuse replacement?

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did mine at 1500 miles and with the Motor Craft FL910S oil filter I actually got 6qts of oil in it not 5.5qts. Filled it right to the top hole in the dipstick which is max capacity, the cross hatches are the safe range.
Back on subject. Useful info. Thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BeardedK

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does changing your own oil and doing other maintenance affect* effect* the factory warranty?

If for whatever reason the engine blew in the warranty period and they found out you were changing the oil could they refuse replacement?
No, you can change it, have a quick lube do it, the dealer, local mechanic, just needs to be done during the suggested intervals. You also want to document that you used the correct oil and filter.

I chose Valvoline as I’ve used them for well over 15 years and it meets the spec for the hybrid. I like the MC filter as it’s $4 on Amazon and is actually a good filter.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put right over 3k on my Maverick since picking her up in mid January, and, with the smaller factory filter thought I'd go ahead and change it a little early. Procedure is straight forward, even with the bajillion T27 fasteners you need to remove to take the splash shield down. Threw on a Motorcraft FL910S and filled her up with 5.5 qts of Valvoline 0W-20. All in all pretty productive morning and even got to put my new DeWalt 3/8 socket set from Costco to work. Definitely didn't need it, but a great buy at $20 and takes up less space then my Husky that I kept behind the backseat.

IMG_4044.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG
Sorry but I am pretty sure that you need to use regular oil for the first 10,000 miles to allow the rings to seat properly. I have built a lot of motorcycle engines and after putting synthetic in from the start on a couple I have witnessed that the rings don't seat with synthetics properly. After the first 500 mile I always changed to synthetics. In automobile engines, unless you are racing it and really scrubbing the rings, 10,000 miles is about where the rings have seated and you will get the best of the synthetics and you won't get oil blow by because the compression ring hasn't seated.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Sorry but I am pretty sure that you need to use regular oil for the first 10,000 miles to allow the rings to seat properly. I have built a lot of motorcycle engines and after putting synthetic in from the start on a couple I have witnessed that the rings don't seat with synthetics properly. After the first 500 mile I always changed to synthetics. In automobile engines, unless you are racing it and really scrubbing the rings, 10,000 miles is about where the rings have seated and you will get the best of the synthetics and you won't get oil blow by because the compression ring hasn't seated.
Don't all cars and trucks come with break in oil?

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't all cars and trucks come with break in oil?
Yes but the break in period for an engine, at least from the ones I have built and run, isn't just 3,000 miles. The rings don't fully seat until the cross-hatching in the cylinders is worn down, which is usually between 5,000 and 10,000 miles depending on the amount you drive and the alloy of the cylinders, on the Maverick I assume it is cast steel. If you have a long commute at highway speed it will be around 10,000 if you have a lot of short runs, under ten miles at a jaunt, you may be able to get down to 5,000 miles. But to be honest, I always wait until I have at least 10,000 miles on an engine, 500 to 1000 miles on an air-cooled motorcycle engine, to make sure the rings have seated. Then I run synthetic or a synthetic blend, mainly for engine temp more than anything. I ran Amsoil lubes in my race bikes and always would to a good break-in on the engines before I changed over.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious with a hybrid how often do you really need to change the oil if you're doing a lot of City driving.
It may require more frequent OCI's if the motor doesn't come up to Full Operating Temperature, at least twice a month, for 20-30 minutes each time. Less than this water and fuel will accumulate in the oil. In my world that is the minimum number of deep heat cycles needed, not to be classified as "Severe Operating Conditions." Your world may vary.
Sponsored

Last edited: