First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another cover installed. Big thanks to the forum members who did the research and posted the correct part numbers. Cost me $101 shipped.

PXL_20220201_002153888.jpg
Yep, they’re proud of those mounting posts and bolts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it helping at all with noise?

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I honestly have not paid attention. I wanted it to cleanup the look under the hood and for the help with keeping the engine cleaner.

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another cover installed. Big thanks to the forum members who did the research and posted the correct part numbers. Cost me $101 shipped.

PXL_20220201_002153888.jpg
Finishes it off nicely.

Sponsored

Deleted member 9167

I honestly think it does reduce some of the sharper engine noise. My cold start and drive this morning was definitely different sounding. Plus, I just like the more finished look of the bay.

Reactions: Dad

eddo

First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid 502A Escape XLT
Interesting people want engine covers now, I remember when manufacturers started putting plastic covers under the hood and people getting p**** it was all plastic under the hood, anyways that being said I removed the engine cover from our hybrid fusion for good reasons, my part of Texas we like to get critters to nest under the hood and no better place for them then on top of a 4cy engine between the cam cover and engine cover.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick Lariat (All Packages)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does it rattle or move if you just leave that one stud off?
The driver side rear ball stud you need is Ford #AA5Z-6N958-A. This makes for a perfect flat fitting engine cover.

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Petar the Serb is correct. However, It does not rattle or move around without the one driver side stud.

Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

****EDIT****

Updated to include the correct drivers side corner mounting stud part number as well as updated install photos. My apologies to anyone who bought the wrong part, I paid for it also if that means anything. It was not my intention to post misleading info, so I apologize.

Also, Shoutout to
rgunning00 for finding the correct part.

----------

I finally got all of the parts in and got my engine cover installed on my 2.0L Maverick XLT FX4. I wanted to create a parts list / install photo post so here it is. I think most of this has been covered before, but I know there was some confusion on what parts were needed an where they should be installed, so I hope this clears things up.

----------

I ordered all of my parts from https://www.fhmparts.com/

Parts list:

Engine Cover - K2GZ6A949A
Engine Cover Stud - AA5Z6N958A
Engine Cover Stud - W714647S450B
Lower Track Nut - W520201S450B

Total Price:

$80.56 + $18.46 S/H

----------

I'm not sure if having an engine cover really does anything or not, it seems to be debatable. I think it looks great and I wanted it to "button up" the engine compartment so for me it was more of a personal choice. After I drive it around for a week or so, I can let you guys know if it cuts down on engine noise and what not if requested.

Install was pretty straightforward. I included photos that show part install locations. Hopefully this helps. Cheers.

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg
Thanks for the post. I'll be using the pictures from it. I ordered the items from your parts list. Parts were $4.00 more but shipping is literally doubled from your $18.00. Yesterday to ship was $36.00.

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok I keep reading a bunch of different part numbers for the 2.0 ecoboost engine cover so can someone clarify what I need to order?

first one I saw

Cover #K2GZ-6A949-A
Pass rear stud #AG9Z-00812-D
Driver ball stud #AA5Z-6N958-A

Second one I saw

Lower Track Nut - W520201450B

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting people want engine covers now, I remember when manufacturers started putting plastic covers under the hood and people getting p**** it was all plastic under the hood, anyways that being said I removed the engine cover from our hybrid fusion for good reasons, my part of Texas we like to get critters to nest under the hood and no better place for them then on top of a 4cy engine between the cam cover and engine cover.
hear ya, my first mod would be remove

MattyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav 2.0 AWD, Lariat Lux, FX4, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
****EDIT****

Updated to include the correct drivers side corner mounting stud part number as well as updated install photos. My apologies to anyone who bought the wrong part, I paid for it also if that means anything. It was not my intention to post misleading info, so I apologize.

Also, Shoutout to
rgunning00 for finding the correct part.

----------

I finally got all of the parts in and got my engine cover installed on my 2.0L Maverick XLT FX4. I wanted to create a parts list / install photo post so here it is. I think most of this has been covered before, but I know there was some confusion on what parts were needed an where they should be installed, so I hope this clears things up.

----------

I ordered all of my parts from https://www.fhmparts.com/

Parts list:

Lower Track Nut - W520201S450B

Total Price:

$80.56 + $18.46 S/H

----------

I'm not sure if having an engine cover really does anything or not, it seems to be debatable. I think it looks great and I wanted it to "button up" the engine compartment so for me it was more of a personal choice. After I drive it around for a week or so, I can let you guys know if it cuts down on engine noise and what not if requested.

Install was pretty straightforward. I included photos that show part install locations. Hopefully this helps. Cheers.

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg
Holy smokes, great post! Thanks!!!