First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At this point in time, Ford will not offer it ever again, it has been obsoleted.

Ford Maverick Engine cover for 2.0L now discontinued? 1668824218285

What is out in the wild is what is out there. They are no longer putting them on the Escape either.

Ford Maverick Engine cover for 2.0L now discontinued? 1668824348196

The red square means that it is no longer used.
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in my 30s and cannot fathom spending a penny on a plastic cover for an engine that no one but you and your mechanic will ever see.

I'm with you. Show it all off

PXL_20220429_224457795.MP.jpg

Its not made of plastic so there's that...

Its made of foam and it does quiet the engine down quite a bit.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You thought I was joking...

Ford Maverick Engine cover for 2.0L now discontinued? cover

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

MankDeems

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger 4X4 XLT, 04 Mazda6, 17 ninja300
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There must be 1,000,000 2.0L engine covers out there 500,000 of which are 2.0L Ecoboost beauty covers sitting in junkyards, 250,000 of which are unscathed and just need a pressure wash.

Honestly the quick lane at the old dealership I worked at had 2 dozen skid plates and beauty covers sitting underneath the bays

Go to a junkyard, save the world some waste and pocket the screws to mount it. Just don't look for one on a Lincoln, evidently the owner is never supposed to have to look under the hood so they don't sell them with covers.

Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ignor
I placed an order for Ford part K2GZ 6A49A - engine cover for the 2.0L EcoBoost and was told the part is now discontinued. I asked my local dealer to do a locate on the part and nobody locally has one. Does anyone have an ideas, source etc. for the cover? I read somewhere that it is used on the Escape w/2.0L and possibly the Bronco Sport. Did Ford delete it in the process of removing content and saving $$$?
Ignorant here,what is the purpose of the cover? For aesthetics? To keep dust off the engine? I know these engines are mechanically loud,so to cut noise?

OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ignor

Ignorant here,what is the purpose of the cover? For aesthetics? To keep dust off the engine? I know these engines are mechanically loud,so to cut noise?
For me, the purpose of the cover is aestetics and slight noise reduction. My experience in other vehicles is the cover projects engine noise downward and away from the cabin. The beauty part is in the eye of the beholder. If you live in a place where rodents frequenlty visit the warm engine bay, then I wouldn't add it because it provides a nesting area. Since the cover is found on other Ford vehicles w/2.0L I don''t think heat is a factor or they wouldn't put it on in the first place. Ford probably saved $3-5 per vehicle by not including it so my guess is that is the reason they deleted it on the Maverick.

OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At this point in time, Ford will not offer it ever again, it has been obsoleted.

1668824218285.png

What is out in the wild is what is out there. They are no longer putting them on the Escape either.

1668824348196.png

The red square means that it is no longer used.
Many thanks - this info confirms what I was told. Recycle yard here I come.

OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There must be 1,000,000 2.0L engine covers out there 500,000 of which are 2.0L Ecoboost beauty covers sitting in junkyards, 250,000 of which are unscathed and just need a pressure wash.

Honestly the quick lane at the old dealership I worked at had 2 dozen skid plates and beauty covers sitting underneath the bays

Go to a junkyard, save the world some waste and pocket the screws to mount it. Just don't look for one on a Lincoln, evidently the owner is never supposed to have to look under the hood so they don't sell them with covers.
My thoughts exactly - I'll go to a recycle yard with my grandson. I don't think he knows such places exist let alone has ever been to one. I "forced" his dad to go with me to get parts for the Volvo 240 he drove in high school.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What's wild is the Lincoln I had came with an engine cover (4.6L), but the Police Package Ford (4.6L) I have does not...

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My thoughts exactly - I'll go to a recycle yard with my grandson. I don't think he knows such places exist let alone has ever been to one. I "forced" his dad to go with me to get parts for the Volvo 240 he drove in high school.
I’m in your camp on this one. I put them on both of my Mavs. And it was for the look. I personally think the engine looks like a rat nest and very untidy without. Just my 2cents worth.

I posted pics of the first one I did a year ago and the thread blew up with folks wanting the details and part numbers.

Good Luck with your search.

OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m in your camp on this one. I put them on both of my Mavs. And it was for the look. I personally think the engine looks like a rat nest and very untidy without. Just my 2cents worth.

I posted pics of the first one I did a year ago and the thread blew up with folks wanting the details and part numbers.

Good Luck with your search.
Yes, when I began my quest I found your thread and used it for the part numbers. I appreciate the guidance you provided. I just purchased my Mav. and seem to be a little late to the party. I am disappointed Ford discontinued the part. But I will persevere and find one for all the reasons you gave.

MankDeems

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger 4X4 XLT, 04 Mazda6, 17 ninja300
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's wild is the Lincoln I had came with an engine cover (4.6L), but the Police Package Ford (4.6L) I have does not...
Should say the newer Lincolns, the 2020 nautilus was the first one I remember without it

1buddyc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Nautilus 2022 Ford Maverick 2006 SSR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should say the newer Lincolns, the 2020 nautilus was the first one I remember without it
My 2021 Nautilus came with one. Was your 2020 New or Used?
Sponsored