Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the parts and installed an engine cover on my 2022 Lariat hybrid. I was curious if it would make a difference in the engine noise or make the engine run hotter. In the end, maybe the engine is quieter but there was a lot of wind noise the day I did the install so the jury is out on the noise. As far as making it run hotter, that doesn't seem to make a difference either (granted the temp was only 25). There's a warmer day coming up (supposed to hit 50) and I'll test it again.

Here are the part numbers; (total spend was under $150, but I used FordPass points)

Ball stud ------------------ AA5Z-6N958-A
Threaded Stud ------------ W714647-S450B (comes 4 to pack)
Nuts for Threaded Stud -----W520201-S437 (comes 4 to a pack)
Cover -------------------- LZ6Z6A949B

I included a picture that points out the location of the ball studs and the threaded stud. The two forward ball studs are molded into the manifold, the ball stud you order will screw into a threaded insert on the passenger side toward the rear and the threaded stud you order will screw into the threaded insert located on the driver side toward the rear. The threaded nut goes in and gets hard to turn without bottoming out, so was afraid of punching a hole in something underneath so I put one of the extra nuts on the bottom of the stud as a spacer. The nuts are 6mm X 1.00 pitch.

On the day I did this, it was 25 degrees with about a 30 MPH wind. After installing the cover, I took a 12 mile drive and noted the temp gauge. About 2 miles were into the wind, the rest was with the wind. It fluctuated between 3 and 4 bars. At the end of the drive, I un-installed the cover (it's not hard with a nut driver) and went back over the same 12 mile stretch of road. I duplicated my driving as much as possible. Of course the wind direction was reversed but it seemed that even driving into the wind for 10 miles on the way back, the fluctuation in bars were about the same, 3 and 4 bars.

I will try to find something like a file handle to attach the nut to because the cavity in the cover for the it is quite deep and not finger friendly. I like the cover because it only says Ford on it.

Update;
We ran the truck in 50 degree weather at 75 MPH for two 25 minute trips and the temp gauge still fluctuated between 3-4 bars. I do think the engine noise is reduced, but not by much. The wind was not a factor this time.

Ford Maverick Engine cover installed on Maverick Hybrid Lariat. Part numbers inside KIMG0040

Ford Maverick Engine cover installed on Maverick Hybrid Lariat. Part numbers inside KIMG0039

Ford Maverick Engine cover installed on Maverick Hybrid Lariat. Part numbers inside KIMG0038

Ford Maverick Engine cover installed on Maverick Hybrid Lariat. Part numbers inside KMGCapture.JPG

Ford Maverick Engine cover installed on Maverick Hybrid Lariat. Part numbers inside KIMG0035

Ford Maverick Engine cover installed on Maverick Hybrid Lariat. Part numbers inside KIMG0036 (2)
Sponsored

Last edited:

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the parts and installed an engine cover on my 2022 Lariat hybrid. I was curious if it would make a difference in the engine noise or make the engine run hotter. In the end, maybe the engine is quieter but there was a lot of wind noise the day I did the install so the jury is out on the noise. As far as making it run hotter, that doesn't seem to make a difference either (granted the temp was only 25). There's a warmer day coming up (supposed to hit 50) and I'll test it again.

Here are the part numbers; (total spend was under $150, but I used FordPass points)

I included a picture that points out the location of the ball studs and the threaded stud. The two forward ball studs are molded into the manifold, the ball stud you order will screw into a threaded insert on the passenger side toward the rear and the threaded stud you order will screw into the threaded insert located on the driver side toward the rear. The threaded nut goes in and gets hard to turn without bottoming out, so was afraid of punching a hole in something underneath so I put one of the extra nuts on the bottom of the stud as a spacer. The nuts are 6mm X 1.00 pitch.

On the day I did this, it was 25 degrees with about a 30 MPH wind. After installing the cover, I took a 12 mile drive and noted the temp gauge. About 2 miles were into the wind, the rest was with the wind. It fluctuated between 3 and 4 bars. At the end of the drive, I un-installed the cover (it's not hard with a nut driver) and went back over the same 12 mile stretch of road. I duplicated my driving as much as possible. Of course the wind direction was reversed but it seemed that even driving into the wind for 10 miles on the way back, the fluctuation in bars were about the same, 3 and 4 bars.

I will try to find something like a file handle to attach the nut to because the cavity in the cover for the it is quite deep and not finger friendly. I like the cover because it only says Ford on it.

KIMG0040.jpg

KIMG0039.jpg

KIMG0038.jpg

KMGCapture.JPG

KIMG0035.jpg

KIMG0036 (2).jpg
Nice install. Is there a Ford hybrid that cover is standard on?

OP
OP
Aherpa

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice install. Is there a Ford hybrid that cover is standard on?
I believe the parts guy found it by ordering the cover for the last year that the cover was offered on a Ford hybrid Escape (at least that is what I remember) and we got lucky, no 'Escape' embossed on the cover. The part number shows 'obsolete' on Ford Parts but maybe your dealer could find it. Mine did.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I thought this was no longer available thru Ford... They really do need to provide all parts used on recent vehicles though. Not that I would want one.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the parts guy found it by ordering the cover for the last year that the cover was offered on a Ford hybrid Escape (at least that is what I remember) and we got lucky, no 'Escape' embossed on the cover. The part number shows 'obsolete' on Ford Parts but maybe your dealer could find it. Mine did.
Thanks

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

KIMG0040.jpg

KIMG0039.jpg

KIMG0038.jpg

KMGCapture.JPG

KIMG0035.jpg

KIMG0036 (2).jpg
Love it! Thanks for the write up

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sadly, the cover that would fit the Ecoboost engine has been discontinued and I've had no luck finding one in stock that isn't a customer order.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i have the dealership parts guy looking for that parts list. might give you a yell to sell me a threaded stud and one of the nuts if I can get my hands on a cover

Ponypower50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maveriak Lariat, 2021 Mach e
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received my Hybrid cover from Ford. I went to align it and its a tight fit on the left side by that hose. It seems you have to raise the hose to get the cover underneath. I am worried that I will break that hose fitting. Any suggestions? Was it a tight fit for you also?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aherpa

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received my Hybrid cover from Ford. I went to align it and its a tight fit on the left side by that hose. It seems you have to raise the hose to get the cover underneath. I am worried that I will break that hose fitting. Any suggestions? Was it a tight fit for you also?
It was a tight fit, but I didn't feel the fitting moved all that much. If yours is a bit tighter, maybe put that corner on first so you can angle the cover under the hose before snapping it down.

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if you could apply sound deadening to the bottom of the panel...

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was thinking about getting one of these. I like the look but it is discontinued hard to find. But thanks. If I try a junkyard what should I ask for? Engine cover from Ford Escape? I have an ecoboost. Probable different part numbers.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was thinking about getting one of these. I like the look but it is discontinued hard to find. But thanks. If I try a junkyard what should I ask for? Engine cover from Ford Escape? I have an ecoboost. Probable different part numbers.
they are different part numbers, but ecoboost one more than likely much easier to find in a salvage yard. Engine cover from ford escape is correct part to ask for, I'm just not sure what years it would be.

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

KIMG0040.jpg

KIMG0039.jpg

KIMG0038.jpg

KMGCapture.JPG

KIMG0035.jpg

KIMG0036 (2).jpg
Thanks for the information. I definately want a cover when they are available. I think it makes the engine bay look more cleaner. Keeps some dust from getting in around the engine.
Sponsored