Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
****EDIT****

Updated to include the correct drivers side corner mounting stud part number as well as updated install photos. My apologies to anyone who bought the wrong part, I paid for it also if that means anything. It was not my intention to post misleading info, so I apologize.

Also, Shoutout to
rgunning00 for finding the correct part.

----------

I finally got all of the parts in and got my engine cover installed on my 2.0L Maverick XLT FX4. I wanted to create a parts list / install photo post so here it is. I think most of this has been covered before, but I know there was some confusion on what parts were needed an where they should be installed, so I hope this clears things up.

----------

I ordered all of my parts from https://www.fhmparts.com/

Parts list:

Engine Cover - K2GZ6A949A
Engine Cover Stud - AA5Z6N958A
Engine Cover Stud - W714647S450B
Lower Track Nut - W520201S450B

Total Price:

$80.56 + $18.46 S/H

----------

I'm not sure if having an engine cover really does anything or not, it seems to be debatable. I think it looks great and I wanted it to "button up" the engine compartment so for me it was more of a personal choice. After I drive it around for a week or so, I can let you guys know if it cuts down on engine noise and what not if requested.

Install was pretty straightforward. I included photos that show part install locations. Hopefully this helps. Cheers.

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg
Very well done write up. Thank you!

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does it have the open cell foam on the bottom????
The whole cover is foam. It doesn't look like open cell foam.

The top of the cover has a smooth finish to it while the underside is not finished.

gmarcucio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Corvette, Mini Cooper SE EV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two. If you look on the front of the engine there are two already there. They are formed into a piece that runs the width of the engine.

Now look about middle way of the engine area toward the back and you will see three brass treaded holes. The one on the left (as you look at it from the front of the vehicle) goes on after you have placed the cover into position. It appears to used to secure the cover from loose from the other studs that simply snap into place.

If you look it up on the Ford parts web site, there is a diagram that shows them and it suggests you may need them when checking out. The other option is to go directly to your dealers parts department and use their assistance to make sure you get what you need.

It was totally simple and I think it looks GREAT compared to the uncovered standard.
It probably cuts down on a lot of valve train and fuel injector pulse noise too! That's the purpose of a lot of engine covers on modern engines today.

gmarcucio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Corvette, Mini Cooper SE EV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why, the hood provides a cover. Just something to hold heat in, maybe that's why they didn't put one in the Maverick??
It is certainly something to look into. The last thing you need is an engine cooling problem and getting denied warranty repairs because you caused it by installing an engine cover. Because it is used on the Escape doesn't mean the ambient cooling of the engine compartment on the Maverick is the same. However most engine covers on modern vehicles were used to quiet the engine of valvetrain and fuel injector noise.

Sponsored

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is certainly something to look into. The last thing you need is an engine cooling problem and getting denied warranty repairs because you caused it by installing an engine cover. Because it is used on the Escape doesn't mean the ambient cooling of the engine compartment on the Maverick is the same. However most engine covers on modern vehicles were used to quiet the engine of valvetrain and fuel injector noise.
From what I've read, early Mavericks had the cover. Only reason they all don't have them is 2 fold, supply chain issues compounded by manufacture going oh, we don't need this let's save money.
Same goes for the eye glasses holder in the headliner, digital temperature display knobs etc

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I made a D.I.Y. engine cover...
Ford Maverick Engine Cover installed in 2.0L Ecoboost Maverick engine bay (From Escape) 1676832865315

Grandpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the eng. cover. Did you go through Ford or elsewhere. Where did you order the extra bolts from.

EIlig

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor/'69 Porsche 911E/'15Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the eng. cover. Did you go through Ford or elsewhere. Where did you order the extra bolts from.
There's 15 pages of posts on this thread. If you go through them ALL your questions will be answered...

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's my Lincoln cover, installed yesterday....added the EB emblem instead of leaving the Lincoln emblem. Just had to add the one ball stud, and the stud/nut combo, fit perfectly, and looks great!

Ford Maverick Engine Cover installed in 2.0L Ecoboost Maverick engine bay (From Escape) IMG_1192.JPG
Sponsored