Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 XL Hyb in transit, ‘91 Comanche, “91 Cherokee,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, that was soon after getting it when things were nice and clean. It's an interesting engine, and pretty in a mechanical kind of way in my opinion. Kind of reminds me of the plumbing on a rocket engine for some reason
“Houston we have a problem with hybrid supply chain…”
Sponsored

OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mmmm, got to love the spaghetti (and Italian tune-ups), but thinking my Mav is all about back to basics so going to keep the engine all natural.
All kidding aside, any ideas if the engine covers are insulated / sound deadend and if it is even noticeable.
I finally located and purchased an engine cover and the 2 fasteners. I installed it on my 2.0L EB Lariat. Note: The Lariat is the only Mav with an acoustic windshield. The cover is thick, flexible and made of medium density foam. I could not tell a difference in the noise level at idle or low speed. Over 15-20 mph other noises drown out the engine noise. Plus the acoutic windshield really helps at freeway speeds. Verdict: The major benefit of the cover is to appearance in the engine bay. I think if XL and XLT owners need to replace a damaged windshield, I recommend getting an acoustic windshield if noise reduction is a goal. Otherwise, the engine cover is mostly an appearance item in my opinion.

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in my 30s and cannot fathom spending a penny on a plastic cover for an engine that no one but you and your mechanic will ever see.

I'm with you. Show it all off

PXL_20220429_224457795.MP.jpg
I don't think this is a particularly pretty engine, however I do agree that I'd like to see that oil seepage rather than hide it.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I placed an order for Ford part K2GZ 6A49A - engine cover for the 2.0L EcoBoost and was told the part is now discontinued. I asked my local dealer to do a locate on the part and nobody locally has one. Does anyone have an ideas, source etc. for the cover? I read somewhere that it is used on the Escape w/2.0L and possibly the Bronco Sport. Did Ford delete it in the process of removing content and saving $$$?
I used the cover off the bronco sport it worked fine looks great , only comes on Badlands model 2.0 only needs 2 studs in back front ones on engine , sorry don't have part numbers handy. Took 5 min to install.

Calmate'

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calmate'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL Mavi Eco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the 2.0 ecoboost - for
Those that care, take pride and understand , the engine bay looks unfinished and just terrible. Like most I discovered the K2GZ- 6A949-A engine cover unavailable - Ford stating the materials hard to source so part will no longer be produced (obsolete) and therefore no longer used during the build process - horse crap in my opinion …. but this is the world we live in now - I manage an auto dealer service department - dual line Korean and Japanese - same stuff / supply chain chip issues - we now have brand new $45K plus cars being delivered from the factory with one key fob - the 2nd to be sent later at an “undetermined day “ oh - did I mention no spray in bed liners ? Anyways all this supply crap
Is real - plug in and hybrid cars waiting for failed batteries since first part of 2022 - audio units unavailable -
Back to the engine covers - they do have a purpose / almost all
The newer cars have the same dense foam design - and guess what ? Most new car gas engines including the 2.0 Maverick use GDI - gas direct injection - this system uses a high pressure fuel pump that sits right at the top of the engine and it rattles/ ticks abnormally loud to the trained ear - if you have the engine cover on your car - carefully remove it while it’s idling and you will hear a very noticeable difference - We do this for new car customers to demonstrate that are not used to the new design. A previous member posted the major difference in sound to him was due to the acoustic windshield on the lariat - but that’s a different type of noise all together - wind noise . With all these supply chain issues you have to find a workaround- like another member mentioned there is probably a gazillion forward escapes in the nations junkyard with the engine covers on them -i’m too busy to hunt the junkyards so I sourced one online from LKQ - we buy major units like engines and transmissions from
That at work at times but they sell almost anything on the car - call them if you can’t find the part listed online give them the part number they found one for me from a donor vehicle it didn’t look pretty but it cleaned up very easily pictures are attached - I hope this helps all the fellow Maverick owners that want an engine cover after waiting so long for their vehicles

Ford Maverick Engine cover for 2.0L now discontinued? 23E7DE55-1E2C-4AFF-8E5A-A3AC8B9D127C

Ford Maverick Engine cover for 2.0L now discontinued? 9A09ADCB-5F00-443A-A1A4-3EE8FB9F5067

Ford Maverick Engine cover for 2.0L now discontinued? 474F05BB-CFE0-4568-9D3E-DBE53F117057

Sponsored

axl_rose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Axl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found the "B" variant (K2GZ 6A949 B) for $68 at Cortese Ford. I went ahead an ordered one because the diagram showed a Ford cover. I guess we will see if is Ford or Lincoln in a week or so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does Cortese Ford have it in their parts inventory or are they placing an order for you? Reason I ask is, back in October 2022 when I ordered a cover, the dealer took my order but subsequently sent an email saying the cover was discontinued. I then dialed Ford dealers directly and ultimately found it in stock 100 miles away. I considered the 200 mi R/T a bonding experience with my new Mav. And don't forget to order the two studs - one short and one long. The long, stud has a nut to hold the cover in place and is in the left rear position as you face the engine. The engine already has two black plastic round studs molded in but you need the other two.

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did a quick search and found some online.

But I plan on using a catch can on the PCV side that mounts where the cover would be anyways, so I guess I'm not that worried about it. Just one less piece of plastic in the engine bay.

OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually the engine cover is dense black thick molded foam, unlike others that are plastic. I think the design is to dampen the sound of the direct injection. If you decide to get it, be sure to order the two mounting studs, one is threaded.

nascarlurg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2023 Toyota Tacoma Off- Road,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My experience with the cover on other vehicles is that it projects the engine sound downward and less engine noise is discernable inside the cabin. That is the reason - slight noise reduction- that I want the cover. And I think it makes the engine compartment look tidy and the vehicle upscale. It is just a little tweak, along with the tailgate damper and plug for the hole in the trailer hitch that I want to do to. The engine cover is definitely not required to make it a great little truck.
Yes sir.... and some guys take their customized Maverick to car shows so with the hood open just looks more refined for lack of a better word.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know I'm getting old because I can remember people complaining when MFGs started covering engines with plastic. You couldn't see the engine...it's harder to access...I can't show it off...my, we've gone full circle!
When I read this post I thought "why?", So you're not far off. Personal pref I guess, I personally loved not having an engine cover on my last car and hated my wife's for access PITA.

I was feeling snarky, tempted to reply to this thread with...
"Ford's leaving the hoods off of MY24? Now these constraints are getting ridiculous 😂"

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid