nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've now put 11k miles on the truck across the country and back. Other than some issues I caused myself doing other things, the ACC has been bullet proof. I think @Gilbillygucci also got it working, among his many other awesome mods.
You can add me to this list, after getting it installed and fixing a wiring issue (I reversed the camera wires), it has been flawless.
Sponsored

Seagull

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Have you tried clearing DTCs then disconnecting the battery for a while? I had some DTCs I couldn't git rid of, and it wasn't until I unplugged the battery for an hour or two that they resolved.
I tried that yesterday. When I clear the errors, they pop right back up. I unplugged the battery for 1.5 hours, but they're stubborn. Resetting the modules helps clear one or two, but the IPMA one is tricky.

It looks like I have the exact same errors you had here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/adaptive-cruise-control-on-xlt-hybrid.11438/page-3

IPMA U2101:64-AF Control Module Configuration Incompatible

I have narrowed down the cause of the error to the following line:

IPMA 706-01-02: 2076-553A-A4D9

Notibly, changing the 2075 to 2076 is what causes the error to pop up.

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package Capture.PNG

Last edited:

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried that yesterday. When I clear the errors, they pop right back up. I unplugged the battery for 1.5 hours, and unfortunately they still are coming back every time I clear them.

It looks like I have the exact same errors you had here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/adaptive-cruise-control-on-xlt-hybrid.11438/page-3

PCM U0422:00-2F Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module
ABS U2101:00-2F Control Module Configuration Incompatible
IPMA U2101:64-AF Control Module Configuration Incompatible
IPMA U2300:64-AF Central Configuration

I Did have the C-CM module working with no errors, so at least that is a good sign.

Only thing that was odd was under 764-01-01 my first two digits were 00 instead of 4D like your truck had. Going to do some more digging and see what I can find...

View attachment 72937
Are you a hybrid and XL or XLT?

I can post my IPMA, ABS, and PCM codes, it's from an XL hybrid.

Took me some tries to get it all working.

Sponsored

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid. Is there any chance you can share me your block IPMA 706-01-02? I've narrowed down the problem to that line.
It will have to wait till tomorrow, but yes, I can share all of that

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Seagull

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Did you get those errors fixed?
Yes, I kind of made more than a few changes to the system. I have ACC working now, but my lane centering isn't working yet so I still need to figure out why that is.

I'll post my asbuilts here in a bit to help anyone out who comes across this in the future

Seagull

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Did you get those errors fixed?
I did, but I don't have lane centering working, which I'm still trying to figure out why...

I'm posting my asbuilts in case they help someone. I think my lane centering not working is tied to the value 706-01-02: 2075 (Adaptive Cruise Control - Disabled). But ironically when I enable this my cruise control stops working...

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package AsBuilt - IPMA.PNG

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package BdyCM Asbuilts.PNG

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package IPC Asbuilts.PNG

Seagull

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Do you guys know if it is actually possible to get lane centering working?

It stays greyed out for me for whatever reason.

Also I'm curious if anyone was able to get intelligent cruise control working. It looks like it doesn't want to play well with camera only TSR.

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have both lane centering and iACC working.

Do you have both the lane assist button on the stalk and the lane centering button on the steering wheel clicked?

As for iACC, I did the sync4 mod, so I have traffic signs from both visual and maps, but you aren't missing out, it's nothing special and I run adaptive 100% of the time.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Super awesome writeup!

One suggestion to folks attempting this: spend the $20 on a heat gun and don't use a torch. 😉
I have a small hot air pencil that works perfectly for doing heat shrink on most automotive wiring.. It's a torch but it has a catalytic converter so there is no flame and it is possible to regulate the heat output. But how many times have I seen people shrinking tube with a lighter or torch? And they wonder why the insulation melts above the HST
Most electrical wiring insulation is rated for 105° C. Some get up to 150°C but a torch flame is hotter than 200°C so insulation melts easily with the flame.
Sponsored