Sponsored

Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Switchbacks Installed!

Mitch Panda Motorworks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 2021 Bronco OBX, 2015 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do the rear lights hyper flash? Or just the interior indicator?

twolane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered and can't wait to install.
Yes, you can get other switchback bulb for less, but Diode Dynamics makes really nice stuff that's been trusted in the rally community for years.
I'm happy to pay for known quality parts and support a business that supports the forum.

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered and can't wait to install.
Yes, you can get other switchback bulb for less, but Diode Dynamics makes really nice stuff that's been trusted in the rally community for years.
I'm happy to pay for known quality parts and support a business that supports the forum.
I seen one or two reviews using these DD and all of them report the hyperflashing on instrument cluster inside the vehicle. While they make good quality products, they missed the boat on not making them Canbus ready for the error correcting. The Lasfit are Canbus ready and don't cause the hyperflashing. In my opinion that is the better solution at this point. Lasfit is also working on the taillights and they too will be canbus ready. DD trying to squeeze some additional money for some resistors.

Asaleigh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
asA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.somethingcreativetattoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl, 2017 focus RS, 1985 merkur xr4ti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish I would have known these hyper flash.. the interior clicking noise isn't something you can get used to.

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wish I would have known these hyper flash.. the interior clicking noise isn't something you can get used to.
Thought most know about that issue. Was shown in the install/demo video from above.

If you don't want hyper flash on the dash board, should have went with Lasfit.

Lasfit Turn Signal - Switchback: https://lddy.no/13qmv

When there's no sale, use code MAVMAX10 for 10% off

twolane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I seen one or two reviews using these DD and all of them report the hyperflashing on instrument cluster inside the vehicle. While they make good quality products, they missed the boat on not making them Canbus ready for the error correcting. The Lasfit are Canbus ready and don't cause the hyperflashing. In my opinion that is the better solution at this point. Lasfit is also working on the taillights and they too will be canbus ready. DD trying to squeeze some additional money for some resistors.
Very true, but DD has a 3 year warranty, Lasfit has a 1 year warranty.
DD known brand, Lasfit is a new brand (as far as I'm aware).
I don't think DD is going anywhere anytime soon where as Lasfit could rename themselves tomorrow and your warranty is shot.

With all that being said, I'm not looking forward to installing resistors.
I don't mind the hyperflash inside the truck but the big thing (for me) that was lost with the install of the DD switchbacks is the 3 flashes of the turn signal when you just bump the blinker arm, rather than locking it in.
It may sound silly, but that is about my favorite modern invention in cars. Had I known about losing it, I would have more carefully considered going with the DD- or at least ordering resistors at the same time.

Sponsored

Asaleigh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
asA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.somethingcreativetattoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl, 2017 focus RS, 1985 merkur xr4ti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The noise bothers me more than the light on the dash blinking fast. It's loud and hard to ignore!! I bought the lasfit ones. DD going in the bin... Also looking around on the internets I'm pretty sure DD are just rebranded bulbs there is the same bulbs rebranded over an over with different names. The packaging on the DD bulbs looked like it was a copy of a copy. Seemed pretty cheap.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very true, but DD has a 3 year warranty, Lasfit has a 1 year warranty.
DD known brand, Lasfit is a new brand (as far as I'm aware).
I don't think DD is going anywhere anytime soon where as Lasfit could rename themselves tomorrow and your warranty is shot.

With all that being said, I'm not looking forward to installing resistors.
I don't mind the hyperflash inside the truck but the big thing (for me) that was lost with the install of the DD switchbacks is the 3 flashes of the turn signal when you just bump the blinker arm, rather than locking it in.
It may sound silly, but that is about my favorite modern invention in cars. Had I known about losing it, I would have more carefully considered going with the DD- or at least ordering resistors at the same time.
Lasfit has been around since 2015. DD is overpriced and they stick a 3 year warranty on a bulb that should last that long anyway. Lasfit has a 1 year warranty, but I’ve had some of there bulbs on my vehicles for a long time without issue. The mere fact that Lasfit has figured out to make their LED’s canbus ready tell me they are better prepared for newer vehicles. They darn sure have a nicer web site than DD. But you are grasping at straws concluding that they could change their name tomorrow, okay so could DD. I am not installing resistors that get super hot. I am not tapping my factory wiring as that is just unnecessary when Lasfit has already taken care of the issue.

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are some of you getting paid for this Lasfit promo? :LOL:

You're implying the one with a shorter warranty period is better?! A longer warranty almost always means better construction. Otherwise, the company would constantly be replacing the product at a loss to them. Furthermore, some vehicles don't need resisters. It can also be fixed in Forscan. I appreciate not having to pay for something that I don't need. I'd say that's the opposite of "squeezing" for more money.

This is a post about a DD install. If ya'll want to have a debate about the two, make a new post. What's the motive to go so hard convince us that a product that no one asked about is better?

The resistors are above every "add to cart" button on the DD website. It's not a surprise.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You're implying the one with a shorter warranty period is better?! A longer warranty almost always means better construction. Otherwise, the company would constantly be replacing the product at a loss to them. Furthermore, some vehicles don't need resisters. It can also be fixed in Forscan. I appreciate not having to pay for something that I don't need. I'd say that's the opposite of "squeezing" for more money.

This is a post about a DD install. If ya'll want to have a debate about the two, make a new post. What's the motive to go so hard convince us that a product that no one asked about is better?

The resistors are above every "add to cart" button on the DD website. It's not a surprise.
Haven't looked at the DD website, but the purchase link posted by OP mentions nothing about potential hyper flash at all. It does however say that the bulbs are "plug and play" and a "true replacement." That seems misleading at best to me

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX

I kind of agree with what you're saying but also think it's good for potential purchasers to be informed. Some don't want to mess with resistors and would just prefer a plug and play solution for simplicity. I have used DD products in the past and think they do make a quality product but let's be honest here, nobody really cares about a 3 yr warranty on a 40 dollar set of marker lamps, most people prefer the simplicity of plug and play and there are people who have purchased the DD product only to be disappointed with the hyperflash on the dash and the need for resistors. Hopefully this prompts DD to make a more competitive product for the basic user.
Sponsored