Sponsored

Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT!

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used a variety of plastic trim tools and all of them warped the paint where pressure was applied

I’m following the manual and some prior posts here to correctly apply the pressure but really don’t want to cause any more damage than the minor paint wrinkle I’ve got now.

I get some movement but it doesn’t pop out. If anyone who’s done it this way can post an actual video, it’d be helpful.
Here you go. Photos and video. I used a metal trim tool wrapped in painters tape and a plastic putty knife for leverage/protection.

Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! PXL_20220417_223445606

Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! PXL_20220417_223327206

Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! PXL_20220417_223124705.MP

Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! PXL_20220417_222909607
Sponsored

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My brother I did our side markers a few minutes ago. It took about 2 minutes per side.
You need a plastic tool designed to get in the outside of each light reflector.
The plastic trim tool.didnt scratch or damage the paint

Just push in ward and pivot the tool, to the outside. The reflector will pop right out.
Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! IMG_20220417_192413

Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! IMG_20220417_192436

Last edited:

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can now confirm that the tail lights work flawlessly in a Lariat.

My truck is now all lasfit LEDs, except for the side markers which I still need to do. My only minor gripe is I think the front blinkers may be a little too bright, but I'll live with it
They are pretty dang bright, lights up the entire area in a flood of orange light bright. So bright that I will not leave my blinker on at night if in the turn lane and will turn it on just as my light turns green. Finally got a turn signal to hyperflash inside at a ridiculously long light the other day. Turned it off for a bit and back on and it went back to normal.

All of the LED light upgrades look awesome otherwise. The kit I ordered did not have the brake lights at the time of order. Debating whether I want to upgrade those or not.

Side note, it was a breath of fresh air to be able to easily change out all of these bulbs. In my older vehicles (Mazda CX-5, Kia Optima) it was a pain (literally and figuratively) to reach many of these bulbs. But, as I say that... I am pretty sure the LED headlights and high beams are not user-replaceable.

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are pretty dang bright, lights up the entire area in a flood of orange light bright. So bright that I will not leave my blinker on at night if in the turn lane and will turn it on just as my light turns green. Finally got a turn signal to hyperflash inside at a ridiculously long light the other day. Turned it off for a bit and back on and it went back to normal.

All of the LED light upgrades look awesome otherwise. The kit I ordered did not have the brake lights at the time of order. Debating whether I want to upgrade those or not.

Side note, it was a breath of fresh air to be able to easily change out all of these bulbs. In my older vehicles (Mazda CX-5, Kia Optima) it was a pain (literally and figuratively) to reach many of these bulbs. But, as I say that... I am pretty sure the LED headlights and high beams are not user-replaceable.
Correct. The headlights don’t use serviceable “bulbs”. Just individual led chips

Sponsored

SuperTongue

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid / Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got the brake lights installed on my Hybrid Lariat Lux. Can also confirm everything is functioning as expected!

Really looks a lot better. As a note, I had to remove the wire clip like in OP’s video before turning the upper driver’s side bulb out.

Otherwise, the wire is too short to completely turn to remove.

Now I just need to take a 2nd shot at those side markers lol

Pudakis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love Lasfit, but unfortunately after waiting weeks to get my brake lights, one because they didn’t mention anything about preorder and two they got lost in the mail. Now after 5 days one has already burned out. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! 5594BDF6-513B-4E66-A2DE-8B8685C2D7DE

Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! 21A2C12B-A6BD-4184-9731-9CE0F3C6D953

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pudakis, Don't get discouraged I'm sure lasfit will make it good. Give them a call. Keep us posted.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love Lasfit, but unfortunately after waiting weeks to get my brake lights, one because they didn’t mention anything about preorder and two they got lost in the mail. Now after 5 days one has already burned out. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

5594BDF6-513B-4E66-A2DE-8B8685C2D7DE.jpeg

21A2C12B-A6BD-4184-9731-9CE0F3C6D953.jpeg
Eeek. No bueno!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

5594BDF6-513B-4E66-A2DE-8B8685C2D7DE.jpeg

21A2C12B-A6BD-4184-9731-9CE0F3C6D953.jpeg
When I purchased from front blinker LED"s they were out of sync. I had never seen anything like it. I sent them a picture and they shipped me a new pair the same day. Told me not to bother sending the others back.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Pudakis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I agree their customer service is top notch, the fail on their part is no overnight shipping. Seems like they should start doing that, I mean I guess I could put the original bulb back in for the time being but I’d rather not I’ve switched all the bulbs in the truck, except for the side markers that will come when it’s nicer out.

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do the side marker lights have any other purpose other than blink when you lock/unlock the truck? If not, I'll leave them as they are. I would never be able to crawl underneath (let alone get back up again). Too old and too fat.

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do the side marker lights have any other purpose other than blink when you lock/unlock the truck? If not, I'll leave them as they are. I would never be able to crawl underneath (let alone get back up again). Too old and too fat.
no...they come on when you unlock and they run while your lights are on

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's just what it says. Side Marker light, so that when someone come up at an intersection at night you are visible from the side. :)

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Lasfit LED Brakes/Turn signal bulbs installed! So BRIGHT! download
Sponsored