Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Respectfully, your interest in decorating the maverick as a christmas tree is quite a nuisance to other drivers
Sponsored

OP
OP
Justin.23

Justin.23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jjc-llc.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat w/ BAP & 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Respectfully, your interest in decorating the maverick as a christmas tree is quite a nuisance to other drivers
My last Maverick was totaled out from a rear-side impact. If these three additional running lights are that much of a nuisance to keep people alert and off of my bumper, that's a small price to pay for the increased visibility.

Ford Maverick Diode Dynamics C1R HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit Installed IMG-7504

The reality is that these three C1R pods are hardly a nuisance. The lower power red is close to the OEM DRL in terms of brightness and the high power red is just a touch brighter than the stock brake lights.

Last edited:

WoodWorks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe you should stick to the decaf from now on, Peps. ;)

Last edited:

Defconxzero

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The main purpose of the thread is to show the C1R HitchMount working but I’ll also elaborate on how I got the additional (outer) C1Rs to work for those interested. Again, the middle C1R HitchMount is plug-and-play for models with the 4k tow package (no cutting or splicing); the outer two C1Rs are a bit more involved to get working.

I tapped each taillight lead to power the outer C1R pods. However, the C1R pods are too much draw and did not work with factory/halogen bulbs in the tail lights. I resolved this by using these Sylvania Zevo bulbs. With these being 3157 bulbs, I did have to shave off the tabs as shown (modified bulb on the right). The lower draw of these bulbs allows the C1Rs to function without upsetting the BCM. The Zevo bulbs are also plenty bright for their low power consumption.

The recessed mounting of the outer C1Rs was a custom project.

IMG-6648.jpg

1710511919411-vz.png

Here's the taillight wiring diagram (taken from this thread https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/tail-light-wiring-wanted.20635/)

I circled the wires that I tapped with the associated colors on the C1R pigtails:
Yellow wire on the pigtail powers high-power red
Red wire powers the white main beam
Blue wire powers low-power red
Black wire is ground.

1710514982196-5u.png

This same process could be done to install a pair of regular C1 pods, minus the Yellow wire for High-Power Red that only the C1R has.

But if you only wanted to install regular C1 pods, it would make more sense to just use Diode Dynamics' plug-and-play kit for regular C1 pods which can be found here:
Stage Series Reverse Light Kit For 2022-2024 Ford Maverick

1710516571603-yo.png

1710516633247-4d.png
I did this mod with these LED Zevo light bulbs and im getting Hyperflash. Did you get that? And if so did you have a fix?

Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im guessing you've never seen 18 wheelers all lit up.

OP
OP
Justin.23

Justin.23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jjc-llc.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat w/ BAP & 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did this mod with these LED Zevo light bulbs and im getting Hyperflash. Did you get that? And if so did you have a fix?
I do not have any hyperflash.
Sponsored