Sponsored

Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Switchbacks Installed!

Asaleigh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
asA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.somethingcreativetattoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl, 2017 focus RS, 1985 merkur xr4ti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No I'm not paid by anyone to make the post ... But as someone who bought the DD ones from panda without looking to deep I assumed they were a plug an play replacement without hacking up the harness. They cost more than the other brands that don't need resistors... Why wouldn't you assume that when you just compare price.

This post is about the DD lights. So my experience with the lights seem to be a valid reply on this post. I'm not worried about the dollars for 45$ bulbs or 60$ bulbs being warrantied.. when one stops working I'll buy a new one. I never fuss with anything warranty.
Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Diode makes amazing products, not amazing bulbs. Theyā€™re full fog light replacements and led bars, ditch lights, light bars, etc are literally some of the best in the industry. Theyā€™re drop in replacement bulbs leave a LOT to be desired. Most of them arenā€™t as bright as their competition, which for me, is the main reason I switch to led. Theyā€™re not canbus which I donā€™t care about personally but thatā€™s a huge drawback when most can be found with built in resistors already. Yes theyā€™re made in America and have a long warranty but thatā€™s irrelevant for a bulb that should last that long and then some. All that to say, Iā€™ll never buy their bulbs but Iā€™m installing their ss3 fogs in my truck as soon as I get it!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are some of you getting paid for this Lasfit promo? :LOL:

You're implying the one with a shorter warranty period is better?! A longer warranty almost always means better construction. Otherwise, the company would constantly be replacing the product at a loss to them. Furthermore, some vehicles don't need resisters. It can also be fixed in Forscan. I appreciate not having to pay for something that I don't need. I'd say that's the opposite of "squeezing" for more money.

This is a post about a DD install. If ya'll want to have a debate about the two, make a new post. What's the motive to go so hard convince us that a product that no one asked about is better?

The resistors are above every "add to cart" button on the DD website. It's not a surprise.
I am stating facts, not promoting. I not implying anything either, I just simply said that they put a 3 warranty on a bulb that should last that long anyway. Most people donā€™t care that much about it having a 3 year warranty. What they do care about is it being a true plug and play with no resistors needed. You donā€™t need Forscan either. That is the info I provided. Too bad if you donā€™t like it. You are in no position to decide what I can or cannot post in a thread.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered and can't wait to install.
Yes, you can get other switchback bulb for less, but Diode Dynamics makes really nice stuff that's been trusted in the rally community for years.
I'm happy to pay for known quality parts and support a business that supports the forum.
Don't forget to order their resistors as you will get dash light hyper flash without them

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No I'm not paid by anyone to make the post ... But as someone who bought the DD ones from panda without looking to deep I assumed they were a plug an play replacement without hacking up the harness. They cost more than the other brands that don't need resistors... Why wouldn't you assume that when you just compare price.

This post is about the DD lights. So my experience with the lights seem to be a valid reply on this post. I'm not worried about the dollars for 45$ bulbs or 60$ bulbs being warrantied.. when one stops working I'll buy a new one. I never fuss with anything warranty.
Does anybody have the thread showing the resistors Installed in the Maverick

Sponsored

twolane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally got around to installing the resistors last weekend.
Pretty easy to do and the fast indicator noise is gone, which is a relief.
I'll grab some pics for you when I get back home, later in the week.

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
Canā€™t you fix the hyper flas with FORScan? You can on most other cars, did it on my mustang.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First of all I like Panda motors and DD but last father's day I ordered a complete kit of all lasfit leds lights for my 22 XlT Maverick front, tail and brake / cargo They gave me 20 percent off Father's Day , shipped Free and had them in 3 days Ca to TN. Very easy to install and look fantastic. FYI. The front side marker lights you can pry them out with a plastic pry bar do not have to go under and un screw all that stuff Bar $ 4:00 at harbor freight

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lasfit switchbacks here (T3). Plug and play, no hyperflash after recall.

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs