Sponsored

Did anyone order the clear hood and fender protection film from Ford.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did anyone get the clear hood and fender protection film? If so, how much did it cover. 1/2 of hood and fenders or 100%. Also did it cover the front area above the bumper?
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did anyone get the clear hood and fender protection film? If so, how much did it cover. 1/2 of hood and fenders or 100%. Also did it cover the front area above the bumper?
No. Never heard of it. What does it entail? Better than ceramic coating?

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The author is probably referring to the Paint Protection Film, a high constraint item.

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to order it, but I want to get a truck too. So I left it off my order.

Sponsored

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The pics are correct. I have the Ford film on my Mav and am closing in on 15K miles. It has been a good product and when I wax I have no issues. Does it help prevent rocks from chipping the paint? I think it does. There have been a number of times on I-45 through Houston (always under construction) when rocks have hit my front end and so far there are no paint chips.
I know that it was a constraint item when I ordered but somehow I got it and am pleased with it.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had it on my truck and it is great for the price. Getting any kind of PPF installed (professionally) costs tons more than this factory option. And yes it just covers the front leading edge of the hood and fenders, the area most likely to get hit with bugs and stones.

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic LX, 09 Camry Hybrid, 22 Mav Hybd Lrt Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had my dealer do this for $549
-Front fender but went straight up from wheel wells to hood instead of diagonally towards front of hood (like in the photo link)
-Mirrors
-Bumper (painted part)

Bug shield for hood protection (ford points)

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wanted it on my original order, but removed it as a highly constrained item. Didn't add it to my '23 order for the same reason. You can't beat the price, so I'm bummed about that :(

avane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Impreza 5-dr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recommend doing PPF after you take delivery as they have better options with more coverage. The factory installed PPF is minimal coverage. Yes, it's likely more money but consider it an investment in the long term if you want to minimize the amount of paint chips you get

Sponsored

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we have any consensus on what is a good, full coverage option? 3M? Should I attempt to DIY or is it worth paying someone?

I also want to add PPF to my order but a 3% constrained item is just a bad idea...

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we have any consensus on what is a good, full coverage option? 3M? Should I attempt to DIY or is it worth paying someone?

I also want to add PPF to my order but a 3% constrained item is just a bad idea...
I did it on my own with 3M PPF purchased off of Ebay for about $150 more than the factory option. It covered so much more than the factory to include the full front bumper. After almost 6 months it's holding up great, is easy to clean and was relatively easy to apply considering I had never done PPF before. The factory option just isn't worth it to me.

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did it on my own with 3M PPF purchased off of Ebay for about $150 more than the factory option. It covered so much more than the factory to include the full front bumper. After almost 6 months it's holding up great, is easy to clean and was relatively easy to apply considering I had never done PPF before. The factory option just isn't worth it to me.
Good to know! What size of the 3M film did you get and would you get a different size 2nd time around? I'd like to do full front coverage at least and maybe the whole thing if it's not too pricey.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good to know! What size of the 3M film did you get and would you get a different size 2nd time around? I'd like to do full front coverage at least and maybe the whole thing if it's not too pricey.
I purchased pre-cut 8mil 3M Pro Series Scotchgard PPF. I didn't bother with full hood since I almost never have damage past the front edge. The only place I have ever really seen paint damage on vehicles I've owned is the bumper, front edge of the hood, A pillar and the front edge of the roof on vehicles so I went that route. Almost 6 months later and still have no damage anywhere on the truck. The PPF has held up very well and cleans easily. I like how easily bugs clean off of it compared to directly off of the paint. Second time around I'd probably save the $115 I paid for the rocker panel pre-cut films. Everything else I would keep the same.
Sponsored