Sponsored

Front Hood Paint Protection: bug deflectors & PPF film protection?

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

BobC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Impala, 23 Maverick EB AWD Lux 4K Fx4 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Big fan of the Xpel. I have that on my '23 Lariat, front hood leading edge (~18"), front fascia, bumper, fender sides, and rearview mirrors.

bigbopper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor, and Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the AVS Bugflector II on my 2024. Only 1,200 miles on it, so I can't say if it's effective yet. But I had the same deflector on my Sport Trac for 9 years and never had a windshield chip.

PXL_20231210_162613422~2.jpg

PXL_20231211_002710326~2.jpg
I miss my Sport Trac. This Maverick reclosing back window is useless.

AUTiger83

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Lariat, FX4, 4k Tow, Azure Gray.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I miss my Sport Trac. This Maverick reclosing back window is useless.
I agree. I have the Lariat with power window, but that tiny porthole doesn't compare to the big retractable window in the Sport Trac.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also have the AVS Bug Deflector II. No noticeable change in MPG, which continued to rise after installing it within a month of ownership.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SloopJB

SloopJB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick FX4 ECO/AWD Cactus Gray XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, I have purchased the AVS model recommended. I have also ordered the Undercover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover from Realtruck. Got a 10% discount by mentioning I am a member of MTC

Thanks for your help

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could be right.almost one year of ownership and no chips so far.
Wow, that's lucky! I'm at 1.5yrs and 23k or so and my truck is just covered in chips. I'll be PPF'ing my next one...

My friends Q5 goes up to the mountain all the time, and he often tailgates, and he has zero paintchips because he has no exposed paint. By the time I got sold on it, I had a ton of chips already, so that ship had sailed...

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Lux FX4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Recommendations appreciated. I should take delivery of my new Maverick within 2 months. My other car obtained several stone chips from trucks on I-45. My 23 year old Tahoe has had a bug deflector on it the whole time and does not suffer from the same malady.

I am interested to hear from y’all concerning bug deflectors and film type protection.

Thanks, in advance

I ordered my truck with the Film protection......

Had it on my 1991 Ranger back in the day........

Worked great.
Ford Maverick Front Hood Paint Protection: bug deflectors & PPF film protection? 1704241625189

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the Bugflector II, not installed yet. Will soon. I've had the then current one for the 2001 Ranger for seventeen years and had no windshield or paint chips in that time.

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Recommendations appreciated. I should take delivery of my new Maverick within 2 months. My other car obtained several stone chips from trucks on I-45. My 23 year old Tahoe has had a bug deflector on it the whole time and does not suffer from the same malady.

I am interested to hear from y’all concerning bug deflectors and film type protection.

Thanks, in advance
Used this still on the hood. 10 month latter still on there. Made a post in the past,
https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Clear...04254684&sprefix=vivid+ppf,aps,90&sr=8-5&th=1

Sponsored

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you want to do this yourself, there are several options of pre-cut material specific for Maverick on eBay. Just search for "3M paint protection film Ford Maverick" and a bunch of options will come up. Better, I thought, than buying a roll and trying to cut it myself.

This was one of the first "mods" I did on my Mav back in summer 2022. Well worth the cost of materials and effort to put on. It is not perfect as I would expect from paying a professional but think it has kept those paint chips off the front of the vehicle for sure.

I added the Weathertech Hood protector ( 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Hood Protector – Low Profile Stone and Bug Shield | WeatherTech ) too, which is very similar to the Ford accessories product. If I were to do this again, I would probably go with the AVS Bugflector II Bug Shield instead of one that lays flat on the hood.

Last edited:

Optimus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the front of ours wrapped with EXPEL. Full fenders, hood, front bumper, headlights, and door mirrors. I then applied a PPF-specific ceramic coating to it, called HALO, from Gtechniq.

I attempted to get an AVS II bug shield as well, however it was an overall bad experience with AVS and RealTruck (RealTruck OWNS AVS). The shield didn’t fit. Despite reading several others’ experiences of problems right here on MTC, I bought one anyway hoping AVS worked out the kinks a year and a half later. NOPE, same problems. Mounting flanges don’t sit flush, fasteners were too short, mounting holes were off, the curved “ends” hit the front fenders and prevented you from closing the hood. AVS “Tech Support” was non-existent and didn’t reply. RealTruck offered to send a warranty replacement but never did, instead just issuing a refund. They also claimed they have not heard any reports of fitment issues on Mavericks before—B.S.

So, I’m sticking with full PPF up front.

Last edited:

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard that before. I wonder what effects the deflector will have on mileage at higher speeds. I am assuming the deflector will change the air flow pattern for better or worse
Picked up my 23 Mav Lariat with film from the factory in Miami, drove to Key West then back from Key West to L.A. where I live (the dealers here were way over list) and the film protected 3200 miles of 80 MPH roads perfectly. You could see where there would have been a couple of good chips if not for that film. Had a detail when I returned and perfection.

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the AVS Bugflector II on my 2024. Only 1,200 miles on it, so I can't say if it's effective yet. But I had the same deflector on my Sport Trac for 9 years and never had a windshield chip.

PXL_20231210_162613422~2.jpg

PXL_20231211_002710326~2.jpg
Any trouble installing? Fitment issues? Thanks it looks great. Especially if it adds some protection to the hood and windshield.
Sponsored